Updated 1/22/14
I still have this product (now about 2 years old) and it is working great since the original was replaced. It starts easily and kicks out a lot of heat.
Updated 3/19/11
Received a brand new hearter today! No cost for shipping either to or from...
Published on December 31, 2010 by Mark in Montana

1.0 out of 5 stars Mr Heater MH200CV Inop out of box--PO105-2667839-5746622
Published on February 11, 2012 by jhutche151

4.0 out of 5 stars First heater malfunctioned, good cust service, replaced for free., December 31, 2010
This review is from: Mr. Heater MH200CV 200,000-BTU Propane Convection Heater (Kitchen)
Updated 1/22/14
Updated 3/19/11
Received a brand new hearter today! No cost for shipping either to or from the company. Based on the excellent customer service I am increasing the rating up to 4 stars. As I originally reported, the heater works very well at heating my garage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated 3/5/11
Contacted Mr. Heater and they had me box up the heater and they had FedEx pick it up at their expense. They say they will send a replacement once they have looked at the returned item.
Updated 2/26/11
I had been very pleased with this heater UNTIL today. I have used the heater several times during the past 2 months. Today I warmed up the garage and worked during the morning then shut down the heater and ran some errands. I started the heater this afternoon and after about about 10 minutes I looked over at the heater and there were FLAMES coming out from all sides and the main burner valve knob was on fire. I ran to the propane tank and got everything shut down - Thank goodness I was watching, the rubber propane hose could have easily melted and I would have had a wreck. It appears there was a malfunction on the burner valve that allowed gas to escape and ignite. Now 1 month past Amazon Return time I have to deal with manufacturer warranty. So now I have to mail it in, at my expense, and wait to see if they will stand behind the product. In the mean time I have no heat in the garage.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I have only had this heater two days. That said, I took it home yesterday attached the propane (that was essentially all there was to set-up) and fired it up on low and it put out a pleasant heat.

This morning the temperature was about 6 below zero and I turned the heater on and set it on high. I let it run for about 15 minutes and the garage had warmed up significantly, it was at least 40-50 degrees and possibly warmer. I didn't check the thermometer (digital one in my car) until after I left the garage. But as I was driving my car away from the garage I noticed the temperature was rapidly counting down - at that point it was already down to 20 degrees - and continued down to the outside temperature of 6 below.

My garage is detached 30' X 30' with 14' high ceiling, so it was heating over 12,000 cubic feet.

This is a replacement space heater. The previous one was a Mr. Heater Portable Propane Forced Air Heater (jet heater). I was a bit worried with the fact that the new one was convection but that concern was unfounded. It actually heats the area much faster. The convection heater does not seem to put off nearly as much smell as the forced air heater, in fact it was essentially odorless. Although with this first test I did not use a fan to circulate the warm air, I am sure that will improve it's already impressive performance. Unlike the forced air heater, this one does not require an electrical connection to operate so all you have to do is supply the gas and turn it on. One possible drawback would be that I was able to use the forced air heater to thaw frozen pipes since you can direct the heat, and the convection heater won't work for that.

It does make noise as it burns the propane. If you have a weed burner, or a branding stove, that is what it sounds like. The volume increases at higher settings. It was a little quieter than the forced air heater though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Heater, September 8, 2010
Purchased to heat a 40X65 steel building and has done a great job. Arrived very quickly and I actually purchased two since they were such a great price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mr Heater MH200CV Inop out of box--PO105-2667839-5746622, February 11, 2012
Ordered through smazon Mr. Heater MH200CV December 13, 2011. Unit was shipped and received timely. Did not have need to install unit until February as the weather here in North Georgia is quite mild this year. I hooked the unit to a 100 lb. propane tank and tried to light the pilot after observing all fittings were tight and the heat control knob was properly positioned. Upon depressing the pilon/safety button, I heard a loud hissing sound indicating that propane was flowing through the lines unobstructed. Immediately I depressed the igniter button several times attempting to light the pilot light...no luck. I discontinued the effort to light the pilot. I tried this several more times to no avail. Finally, I remedied the excessive propane through-put by barely depressing the pilot button...presto, the pilot light with a monstrous flame. In addition the burner was ablaze also without the the burner knob still in the pilot position (fully clockwise). Upon releasing the pilot button the flames were completely out of control. The thing acted as if the burner valve was fully open although it was completely closed. The heater would do this wild activity for a few minutes then it would flame out at which time I would make hasty tracks to shut the gas supply off.

NOTE: The gas flow is so great that the pilot cannot be lit if the button is fully depressed. I could light it only when the valve was partially opened.

770 463-9493

This thing is dangerous. I will be in contact with the manufacturer on Monday next. I'm hoping for the best as some other customers with similar problems have had difficulty getting their problems fixed through the manufacturer.

I checked all settings several times and tried to get the unit to operate normally--no luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars heats great, January 15, 2009
this unit heats great, less noise than the salamander style, but it does go through the fuel. very pleased with this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!!, March 22, 2013
Worth EVERY cent! We purchased this for our 1400 SF shop, where as you might guess, my husband spends ALOT of time!! :) We run it for just 15 to 20 mins at a time (It is LOUD as one would expect) and it heats the ENTIRE shop AND stays heated for a good amount of time! Thinking of purchasing one for our vacation cabin now that we know just how WELL it does work! WELL worth the money! Be sure to ventilate well..

4.0 out of 5 stars construction heater, November 4, 2011
It served its purpose. But for some reason or another, it stopped working. We were building a house and we needed a heater that could give sufficient heat in an under construction building. It did that, but it didn't hold up well. The construction heater got a leak in the on / off valve.

5.0 out of 5 stars heater, February 18, 2009
THIS HEATER IS GOOD BUY FOR YOUR SMALL SHOP SPACE IT REALLY DOES A GREAT JOB

5.0 out of 5 stars 360 heating! 360 360 720 heater heat, June 23, 2014
The first Mr. Heater was directional. This heater heats in 360. Put it in the center of the room to max the heating. This is a EZ start heater like a BBQ grill. Connect to a big big propane tank to have long long lasting heat. Especially useful for those deep deep freezing winter night etc. The heat is also adjustable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, works great!, March 27, 2014
This item works better than expected! Hetaed up my three car attached garage from 9 deg F to shirtless temperatures in less than 30 minutes. I am completely satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm, February 10, 2014
We use these when we work on homes in the winter time and they have always proven to be one of the best methods of warming up an empty house entirely.

Mr. Heater MH200CV 200,000-BTU Propane Convection Heater