Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mr. P
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Mr. P

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 7, 2012
Patrice, we love you and you are missed! Such a shame you are not here to see the success of this album, but I imagine that you knew for a long time that this was going to be success calling you. You always joked about awaiting a call from success... and here it is!

This is a testament to Patrice's never ending dedication to the art of comedy. He takes on hilariously taboo topics in this album, ranging from the TSA to getting a little something on the side. His raw emotion for topics is incredible. He simply has no boundaries as he explores the comedic value of subjects that many comics dare go. He owns the topics and drives home solid comedic value. He is brutal, yet simply genius. This album has hilarious crowd interaction where you feel a genuine connection between Patrice and his crowd, and he delivers perfect timing with the jokes.

I will certainly be picking up the DVD after listening to this album! There is not much in the way of published content for Patrice, but I'll personally check out his Audible content as well as other DVDs and CDs available right here on Amazon.

As others mentioned, proceeds form this album will go directly to his family, so please take a moment and buy this CD. The comedic value you are getting for less than $10 is simply amazing.

NOTE: This is explicit, so if you are offended easily, don't waste your time or money here. However, I find it hard to believe that anyone who ends up here would be of that personality!
on February 8, 2012
Patrice O'Neal was perhaps one of the most comedically brilliant people worthy of a place with the long-lost greats: Lenny Bruce, Sam Kinison, Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, and George Carlin. And this is because he was no imitation or shadow of those that came before him, but a comedian possessed by his own perspective and prodigious access to "Funny." O'Neal was destined for monumental fame and stardom, but anyone familiar with him knew he didn't care about what destiny or anyone else thought. In numerous interviews, O'Neal said that his only goal was "to be Righteous," and he did not mean that in any religious way. To a comedian like O'Neal, righteousness comes from brutal insight and/or abject silliness. Often this meant risking burning a bridge to a relationship (personal and professional) in order to be able to be free to say and do whatever he pleased.

Gregg Hughes and Anthony Cumia, hosts of the Opie and Anthony show on XM, recognized Patrice's ability to be hilariously funny in regular conversation. Patrice would improvise entire scenes, monologues, and even songs on the show to great success. So much so that when he died, they released 16 hours of material from their show, and there are hundreds of hours more. He even hosted his own relationship call-in show with comedian Dante Nero and a number of female comedians, including Amy Schumer, called "The Black Phillip Show," a play on when Hughes called O'Neal, "The black Dr. Phil."

However when it comes to recorded versions of his stand-up, there isn't much. Outside of an HBO half-hour special and a handful of clips on YouTube, there is only "Elephant in the Room," a special shot for comedy central. It was O'Neal's magnum opus. This CD, "Mr. P," is how O'Neal's step-daughter referred to him. The content of the CD is far from family-friendly. The possibility for offense is ripe throughout the album, O'Neal himself saying that he doesn't think a show is funny enough unless some people aren't laughing. This is the last new stand-up we will ever hear from Patrice, unless he happened to stockpile recorded material like Tupac, and it is fantastic material. Even if something on this CD offends you, there will be at least five other things that render you useless with laughter. Worth every penny.
on February 7, 2012
A great finale to a great comedic mind. A brilliant man taken way to soon. His brand of humor is intelligent, hilarious and without boundaries. Please purchase this album as the profits go to support Patrice's family.
on December 30, 2015
Said what the majority of people fear to say...and made it absolutely hilarious. There are two realities we exist in...the reality we choose to participate in to get along in life; so we have a good job, so we have the life partner we desire...etc. and the another where we feel what feel contained within entirely our thoughts and feelings. Having said that, Mr. O'Neal chose to verbally express how he felt regarding relationships, terrorism, race relations; there are many people out there that tried to use his comedy to stifle freedom of speech. I have to admit that he is and will be my favorite comedian. Is he funnier than Dave Chappelle, Katt Williams, Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Richard Pryor? That's my decision to make...And YOURS...He is my favorite because he, like many of the comedians I mentioned he decided to remain true to his ideals. And like the other comedians I mentioned one major difference I saw was that he was able to work the crowd without parallel, if you listen to this album and the other, Unreleased you can clearly see him poking the crowd with verbal sticks and trying to see what THEY brought to the show. This world lost a brave comedian when he passed away. If you care about freedom of speech and thought look into this album.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon February 13, 2012
Patrice O'Neal is and will always be one of the funniest human beings that ever lived. It is so sad that he left this world just when he was starting to get the recognition he deserved. "Mr. P" is Patrice at his best, and one of the funniest comedy CD's I own. I'll be listening to Mr. P over and over again thinking of all the times Patrice made me laugh until it hurt on the Opie and Anthony Show. Proceeds from Mr. P. are going to help out O'Neal's family pay his medical bills. If Patrice ever made you laugh even once, then pick up a copy or two. R.I.P. Patrice.
on February 7, 2012
More great comedy from the late Patrice O'Neal. This is possibly the funniest he's ever been. It's definitely the funniest thing he has released. (check Audible for a compilation of his spots on the Opie and Anthony show if you want more.) It's a shame that he had to pass away when he did. He was on his way up, and I'm sure this wouldn't have been the top.

Lots of great material on modern race issues, dealing with the TSA, and everything else that was on his mind that day.

Pay attention to the explicit labeling. F-word, n-word, all the bad words, sexism, racism, if you're offended by anything this isn't for you.
on September 18, 2015
Patrice was the s***. I so respect this man and his abilities. He left way too soon. This is another great set. Raunchy, sexy, gritty, down to earth and always funny as hell. Not for the feint of heart but I sure love it. ;~)
on December 30, 2012
I've been a huge fan of Patrice from his early days on Opie and Anthony to his days in movies such as Head of State and his appearances on TV, such as WebJunk 20, Shorties Watching Shorties, and of course, Tough Crowd. In this album, he really hits his stride; while I've enjoyed all of his work, it seems that every single moment clicked here. From his timing to his delivery; from knowing when to play and when to twist in another direction, this is one of the greatest comedy albums ever. It's a shame that it will be perhaps the last real product from Patrice (although a removed track, I'm Better than You, is available now for download, and it's hilarious) showed him at this high a level, because as a fan I would have loved to see what he would have done next. Highest of recommendations.
on February 21, 2012
Patrice Oneal was a hilarious funny funny man but he also had a brilliant mind. He was a regular guest on the Opie and Anthony show and growing up listening to O and A for about 11 years ive grown to love his humor and outlook on life and people.
As for this cd, brilliant. He has a lot of amazing material on here, and a lot of hysterical improvised comedy such as the track "Tolu".
I was lucky enough to catch Patrice Oneal at the DC Improv where this show was recorded. He was there 3 nights and although i wasnt there the night this cd was taped i was very happy to see him. He had a lot of other improvised material the night that i was there as well, such as him complaining/insulting the staff to turn on the AC as it was hot in the club and that he'd refuse to continue his act until the AC was turned on. His brilliant spontaneous humor just goes to show you how truly hilarious he was to be so quick and work off the cuff with his comedy.

I was extremely sad when i heard he passed on , he was one of those larger than life amazing comedians that in my opinion, ranks up there with George Carlin, Richard Pryor and Bill Hicks.

We miss you Patrice! Rest in peace sir
on March 30, 2012
Loved it because Patrice O'Neal is hilarious no matter what he's talking about. I was laughing all the way through. Even his laugh cracks me up.

Hated it because it made me realize that Patrice O'Neal is sadly not with us anymore. I've been listening non-stop to old Opie & Anthony shows and with each minute of listening to him, it makes me more and more sad that he died so soon. What an amazing comedian. RIP