5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful addition to a wonderful series!, June 27, 2011
I just love the Mr. Putter and Tabby books! This is the third I've read, and the third I've thought was stellar! :) (the other two were "See the Stars" and "Write the Book"). This is a great read aloud, and a great beginner reader book, too.

In this story, Mr. Putter and Tabby are bored (it's summer, the days are long and hot - and they are out of orangesicles!). So, Mr. Putter calls Mrs. Teaberry and she has just the solution!!

I think this book can definitely stand alone, but would be more enjoyed had you read a few of the other titles first - just to understand the characters.

I love that Mr. Putter and Tabby are completely happy with who they are. And that their friendship is so sweet and real.

The illustrations are the perfect complement to the wonderful text (just like Mrs. Teaberry and her dog Zeke are the perfect complements to Mr. Putter and Tabby!)

I will definitely be seeking out the other titles in this fantastic series!

4.0 out of 5 stars sail the seven sea with Mr Putter and the gang, December 22, 2010
Mr Putter and Tabby are back for an all new adventure. This time they are off for a sight seeing tour boat ride with their neighbors! Come along with the friends as they have a grand time aboard "The Olden Days". The cartoon- like illustrations in the book are really funny. Tabby is a sweet kitty that always has a cute expression on her face. This is a great book for early readers. There are pictures on every page and only a few sentences to each page as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Who doesn't Love them?, December 8, 2012
Krissy (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
The Mr. Putter books are great! They are clean and crisp. It is refreshing to see simple and positive stories. Tabby is cute too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, February 4, 2012
Donna Hasbrouck (Santa Cruz, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This book is another winner for Cynthia Rylant. My students enjoy the never ending adventures of Mr. Putter and his cat Tabby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Putter entertains us all!, November 5, 2010
All the Mr. Putter and Tabby books are great. I was so happy to see a new one out. We have read them all over and over. They never get old. My daughter has loved them from 18 months old and my mother and I love to read them to her. Mr. Putter and Mrs. Teaberry are so sweet and their adventurs captivating. Don't forget Tabby and Zeke...they add to the humor and fun.

Great examples of friendship, caring and sharing.

Can't go wrong with Mr. Putter or Cynthia Rylant!

5.0 out of 5 stars A cute summer story for kids and adults, November 4, 2010
This is a clever story and simple enough for a beginning reader to enjoy reading to a parent. The relationship between the elderly couple Mr. Putter and Mrs. Teaberry is endearing. If you like cats, dogs, boats, hot weather, and "orangesicles", you will dig this story. The illustrations are fun and the story is interesting for both kids and adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Mr. Putter and Tabby!, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Mr. Putter & Tabby Clear the Decks (Paperback)
and Mrs. Teaberry and her fine dog Zeke! My daughter is 5 and she looks forward to everyone of these books - can't wait for more adventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Putter Books are Great, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Putter & Tabby Clear the Decks (Paperback)
If you like Mr. Putter - you will like this book - cute illustrations, subtle and intelligent humor - and a little low key adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Putter, October 17, 2013
This review is from: Mr. Putter & Tabby Clear the Decks (Paperback)
The Mr Putter early chapter books are of my favorite sets of early on chapter books for younger students in my classroom that are just being introduced to the chapter book.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love Mr. Putter and Tabby, August 12, 2013
JPG (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr. Putter & Tabby Clear the Decks (Paperback)
All of the Mr. Putter and Tabby books are precious. My daughters have both enjoyed them over and over. They are well worth buying and placing on heavy reading rotation!

Mr. Putter & Tabby Clear the Decks
Mr. Putter & Tabby Clear the Decks by Cynthia Rylant (Paperback - September 13, 2011)
$5.99 $5.39