Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

100%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 13, 2011
My name is Patricia Locke.
I am an elementary school teacher in Safety Harbor, Florida. I have been teaching 23 yrs.
I absolutely love the Mr. Putter and Tabby series. This school year September 2011. My 2nd graders and I read the 1st in the series of books with Mr. Putter and Tabby. This book is part of our 2nd grade curriculum.
The story plot is basically about a man named Mr.Putter who lives all alone. He is sad,he has no one to drink tea and eat scones with.
No one to talk etc.
One day he decides a pet cat maybe the answer to his lonlieness. This is where Tabby enters the series. They become fast friends and the story ends with their lives intermingled their many adventures and both living happily ever after.
I typically would rate this story a 5 and still may.
I had an incident occur after we read the story where I noticed one of my precious little boys with his head down on his desk. He was silently weeping. My volunteer stepped in while I took this child into my office not to embarass him but to find out what was wrong. I soon learned that this little guy, who has 2 terrific parents, was going through some difficulties at home. Though amicable the parents were divorcing. During the Mr. Putter story he told me he became weepy thinking of his Mommy & Daddy being alone when he was with one and not the other on alternate visitation weeks. It broke my heart.I too had 2 sons when we happened to go through a divorce and certainly could relate to thid child's feelings.
I was able to calm this child and talk about all the happy new adventures that he could build. Just as Mr.Putter and Tabby did. I told him that he could write his own story. Dylan and Dad and Dylan and Mom's adventures. We ended our conference with all smiles and his excitement to begin his new task as "author." The story turned into a real life lesson for a little boy who was concerned about Mom And Dad being alone
Patricia Locke
. .
Respectfully,
Patricia Locke
Safety Harbor Elementary School
Safety Harbor, Florida
on April 24, 2014
Absolutely hands down cutest book. If you know an older man, grampa, dad, uncle this book is very cute. Or remind you of someone in your past. Me putter is always falling asleep or eating too much. Tabby is always there to join him. The next door neighbor is together and funny. No one is lonely or scared. It's very sweet. Good for beginner readers too. It repeats everyone's names often do my kids feel pleased to get through pages fast.
on December 21, 2012
There must be 18 (20?) Mr. Putter and Tabby books written by Cynthia Rylant by now and I always buy the latest one as they are as much a delight for the adult reader as for the youngster lucky enough to have someone read them for him or her. Funny and interesting.

Reading to a youngster from the earliest age possible is the best way to guarantee reading success, even when a learning disability turns out to be present. If they have the basics of reading it makes it far easier to remediate their reading problems.
on February 13, 2014
So many Mr. Putter books. Not a single stinker among them. Every single one is sweet, funny and lovely. *I* even look forward to reading them, which I cannot say is true for many books my kids like. We own every single Mr. Putter book and buy them for friends. Solid investment in cute, fun stories that don't treat the child reader like a doofus. Enjoy.
on September 11, 2015
LOVE LOVE Mr. Putter! This is a wonderful book, absolutely delights my 4 year old son. However, we love ALL the Mr. Putter books (and Henry and Mudge). So, it would be difficult for me to give a negative review. The disaster that ensues in the classroom makes my son giggle each time we read it. Worth every penny for reading over and over again!
on May 27, 2013
My granddaughter is a big fan of all Mr. Putter books and they are very difficult to come by since they were printed in the 90's. But, of course, you can always find what you want at Amazon.com and sure enough there was a whole selection of them. I bought every one of them and they were in excellent condition and arrived as promised. Gotta love Amazon.com! My granddaughter was so excited and loved every one of them as well.
on December 13, 2012
I love all the Mr. Putter and Tabby books. This isn't my absolute favorite, but it's still really cute. Of course Mrs. Teaberry, Mr. Putter's good friend and neighbor, and her good dog Zeke, make them all special.
on November 25, 2011
Mr. Putter, Tabby, Mrs. Teaberry and Zeke always entertain the grandkids as well as their grandma. The library didn't have this one so I ordered it from Amazon. You can also downloand them to your Kindle if you have one.
on December 28, 2012
This is one of those books that my daughter watches for ... she reads it with her grandfather and they both can hardly wait for th next one. She's 15 now and still collects them. Great book series.
on February 19, 2013
All of the Mr. Putter and Tabby books are fun reads for early readers. Delightful and not boring for the adults to whom they are read.