TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 1, 2014
-----------------
QUICK REVIEW
-----------------
Having received my Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 I was eager to get a hold of a few different screen protectors and MR. SHIELD was on of the brands I opted to purchased myself. I have purchased and tested all sorts of screen protectors for various iPhones, iPads, Samsung S-series phones and now the Samsung Tab 4 7.0, so I am familiar with lots of brands.

It was tricky not getting bubbles with the install, I did have a few and was able to use my drivers license to push them out towards the closest edge. I love the clarity of these protectors, its like its not even there! Great quality as well. The fact they also offer a lifetime warranty is a huge plus as well.

A lot of people have complained about bubbles and fitment issues, I did get bubbles but almost all screen protectors get bubbles when installing which is why they come with some sort of squeegy to push them out. Fitment seem to be ever so slightly off, but nothing to completely ruin the install process.

--------------------
PROTECTION
--------------------
Like I stated in my overview, this is a screen protector to prevent glass scratching and possibly minor glass cracks and I did not expect it to provide military grade protection, or even small child protection for that matter. Don't expect or assume screen protection of any further degree with this type of screen protector.

-------------------------------
PRODUCT FEATURES
-------------------------------
- Essentially invisible for Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
- 4H anti scratch and scuff resistant
- Manufacturer Lifetime Replacements
- Repels dust and will reduce signs of daily wear
- Includes 3 Premium Clear screen protectors

--------
PROS
--------
- Quality & Clarity
- Sufficient Protection
- Easily removable with no residue (yes I tested and wasted 1 protector to ensure)
- Protects Display from scratches & abrasion, erosion, repels dust and will reduce signs of daily wear

--------
CONS
--------
- Minor fitment issues / alignment
on April 20, 2014
I have installed plenty of screen protectors in my life. But this one... Oh boy!
Have waisted all three screens with any luck of not getting bubbles, dust and setting it right on the edges of the Tab Pro. If you try to align the screens to the bottom edge, the hole for the button will not fit properly, then you have to take a guess while trying to not go over the edges on the sides.
Not worth the money for me. I'm happy for the rest giving out 5 stars.

If you are buying this one... Good luck!

(Go to your nearest NASA facility, ask for a room without gravity, non-living objects, and no air. Then you'll get it without bubbles, tiny remains of dust in the air, ant to fit perfectly on your screen.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 1, 2014
These are a huge pain in the butt to install, the video online is retarded. It's more a luck thing, you can get the bubbles out, but dust clings to the film that's on each side of the protector and ends up on the screen anyways. I thought i had it on my third attempt, did it in a steamy no dust bathroom, and when i was done, a little fleck of dust making a bitty bubble, I tried using their dust removal method and ended up with ten specks of dust instead of one. So i hate smashed it, stuck the whole thing in the toilet where it belongs. I'll stick with ZAGG, their wet apply is awesome, no bubbles, no scratches, just awesomeness.
on May 31, 2014
Maybe I got a defective batch or something. I watched the video, I followed the instructions but no matter what it would not stay stuck to the screen when i lifted it with the dust remover. Also the included cloth left more lint.dust behind than it picked up. I tried all three and there was no love to be had. There was massive static when you remove the guard so everything in the air just flies to in. When you use the lift technique to remove singular particles the protector no longer sticks as it has lost its adhesion. you can even see evidence of this in the video where he used his thum to try to press it down. The edges are just done for if you peel it up once as directed. I have applied many screen protectors over the years on tablets and phones and there are the singular worst ones i have ever used.
on August 2, 2014
I just tried installing your product on a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1. Sorry, I don't have an industrial clean room to get a 100% dust free environment. I used a 3M mask, surgical rubber gloves and really got really bad results. Perhaps some spoken instructions in the video with accurate tips would be helpful. The more I tried to clean the few specs of dust after the initial install, the worse it got. The dust sticks to the protector, not the screen.

Also the instructions make a point to contact them before contacting the retailer or posting negative comments. So I have sent them an email. If anything changes, I'll update. Have had great luck with ZAGG and just used an Armorsuit product which seems to have worked well too.
on February 22, 2014
I have a galaxy tab pro 8.4. It was very easy to apply all my electronics & phones have screen protectors so i know how to apply them properly. It went on with no problems it will not stay clean at all. What i mean is i used a microfiber cloth to wipe the lint away and it just stayed on it came off but you gotta wipe like crazy. i tried to use the screen sprays but didnt help. and your fingers dont slide like when swiping its like sticky. I wouldnt reccomend this product to anyone even with the lifetime replacements. i wiil throw them away as i get new ones
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 1, 2014
I actually bought three products from these guys.

1) 7" tab screen protector clear
2) 8" tab screen protector anti-glare
3) 8" tab screen protector clear

They were all for Galaxy Tab 4. And every time, I only had to use one protector.

I know some of the reviews say it is impossible to install this without screwing up. It is if you have a 10" version. I've had a 10" tab and dear sweet Lord, it is impossible.

But for smaller sized tabs, like the 7" or the 8", it isn't all too difficult. I've already done it 3 times and all 3 times I got a satisfactory result. I did have bubbles on my first one (7") but not on the screen. It was in the top corner, which I couldn't care less about.

The tapes are really good in this package. I've seen some weak tapes that do not remove dusts at all. These tapes are strong enough to actually remove dusts.

The protector itself is good quality, too. Right fit, right cut. Keep in mind that anti-glare protectors will mess with colors a little, making them look like a bunch of little dots pulled together. It is not the smoothest surface there is, but it does not interfere with swiping across the screen.

Overall, this is a very good product despite what other review say. If you do have a 10" one, you'll be better off going to the nearest mall and have someone to do it for you. If you have a 7" or an 8", this will be the perfect product for it.
on April 14, 2014
Being no stranger to installing screen protectors upon opening I was surprised at how small the cleaning cloth was. Then I watched the video on installation. Ready to install .... Okay after multiple attempts to get the bubbles/lint out I finally gave up. Luckily the Galaxy 8.4 Pro screen is bright enough the imperfections are only noticeable when off.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon December 18, 2014
I've installed screen protectors on over a dozen tablets and phones over the past three years. The Mr. Shield variety is similar to many of those that I've used before, with a three-layer system.

Step 1: Clean the screen and use the included micro-fiber cloth to remove all streaks and dust particles. This is absolutely critical. You want that screen to be pristine.

Step 2: Carefully remove the bottom layer from the screen protector, being careful not to get fingerprints on the sticky middle layer.

Step 3: Lay that middle layer onto the tablet, lining up the holes and the edges as precisely as you can. There will be lots of air bubbles; that's unavoidable.

Step 4: Use your fingers and use the enclosed card to squeegee out the bubbles. If a dust particle got under this layer, then no amount of squeegeeing will remove it. Mr. Shield includes some tape and recommends that you carefully lift the closest edge or corner, then use the tape to get the dust particle. The trouble is that the tape can leave a mark on your screen and this is a tricky process that's likely to introduce a lot more bubbles, not to mention risks of another dust particle.

Step 5: Carefully peel off the scuffed-up top layer, leaving behind your pristine screen protector.

So how did it all work? Just fair. The problems came with steps 4 and 5. As noted, there are tons of air bubbles and even though I did my best, I ended up with some dust particles. And the included tape did leave a slight but noticeable mark on the underside of the screen protector where I removed the dust particle.

The worst problem, though, was step 5. No matter how careful I was, no matter how slowly I peeled, no matter how I tried to hold down the screen protector, peeling off the top layer always caused the screen protector to lift and I ended up with tons of air bubbles again, but this time without a top layer to protect the screen protector as I tried to get rid of them. The bottom line is that installation was a pain and I did end up with a few air bubbles that I cannot remove. I can live with it but I can't give this screen protector the highest rating. I think "It's okay" is about right.
on January 18, 2015
Pros:
-High quality
-Good value
-Barely noticeable
-Smooth to touch
-Super clear
-Multi pack
-Covers entire screen
-Unobstructed camera

Cons:
-Way too big
-Requires cutting to fit

This is a nice screen protector that is smooth to the touch, virtually 100% clear and barely noticeable. That is, save for the glaring fact that it is way too big. And we are not talking by a small margin either. In fact, chances are that even after you trim the edges (as I did), the protector will STILL be too big!
I like the fact that the people who made this plastic wanted to cover the entire screen with no gap. The only problem is that there is NO room for error and if you are a little crooked, you will get massive air bubbles on the side that will not go away. If you choose the white tablet there is no problem as the air bubbles are unoticable. But, on the black version, bubbles pop up very clearly.

The solution? Take a sharpie and a ruler and mark off 1-2 mm from the edge down the length on both sides. Then, trim the plastic with a pair of scissors or a paper cutter. Now you can apply the protector and have some room for error. Just make sure that you don't cut so much that the protector doesn't cover the screen's viewable area.

Recommendation: Buy but understand that it requires some work to apply.