5.0 out of 5 stars This is a MUST have for laundry!!!
I can't even begin to tell you how GREAT this stuff is!!! You have to try it. This will keep all your whites like brand new, and if you have yellowy or greyish colored whites, that have been abused by bleach, then you MUST try this. It takes the old whites, back to new whites.
I've cut my bleach usage in half, because I don't need it when using Mrs. Stewarts...
Published on March 24, 2009 by H. Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars not for front load machines
Published on February 28, 2011 by Tom Leeds

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a MUST have for laundry!!!, March 24, 2009
H. Martin (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz (Health and Beauty)
I've cut my bleach usage in half, because I don't need it when using Mrs. Stewarts!
You only use a very small amount and one bottle lasts about 6 months.

Where has this been all my life!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Front Loaders!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz (Health and Beauty)
I was looking for a solution to yellowed sheets when I saw this on Amazon. There was another reviewer who said she had trouble using this product with a front loader, so that made me a little nervous, but I decided that since bleach wasn't doing it for me, I had nothing to lose. And it works just fine. One thing I do - I have an LG front loader washer - is I use the bleach receptacle and add a little water. I've been doing experiments with just how much bluing to use and how much water. So far I've added a few drops of bluing and 1 tablespoon of bluing, filling the rest with water. A few drops was too little, but I did see a difference in the whiteness of my sheets. 1 tablespoon was a lot better. I figure with continued washings and more bluing, I will say goodbye to yellowed sheets forever. I will definitely be purchasing this product again. Who knew?! I don't think you can soak/wash 1 load of yellowed whites with bluing and get completely white sheets, but that's ok with me. My sheets did not become yellow all at once, so I figure it will take a few washes to get the yellow out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to your elders!, August 21, 2008
Old ladies have used this stuff to make their white hair whiter for ages. It's also used in shampoos for white haired dogs.

I have to say that even if I didn't love this stuff for the environmental benefits, it is just plain better than bleach. My clothes come out much whiter than they ever did with bleach. It's an optical trick, but as long as it works, great!

Also, I don't even bother waiting for the rinse cycle. I toss this stuff into the main wash, and it works just the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great. look around., July 9, 2010
This review is from: Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz (Health and Beauty)
Works wonderfully on whites. However, check out Mrs. Stewarts website first for some great info and product tips.

3.0 out of 5 stars not for front load machines, February 28, 2011
Tom Leeds (Oak Lawn, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz (Health and Beauty)
I have a front load washer so my first use was a bit of a blunder. The idea is to give a very faint bluing to the whites to offset any yellowing. You need to have everything soaking already before adding this, having a front load washer the fabric is never fully immersed and even though I had it very watered down when I added it, I can only add so much liquid to the dispenser and so it was not enough and the fabric being dry, the first to get the liquid absorbed most of the bluing.
So now I had some towel and such splotchy blue, but that seems to have dissipated with additional washings.

My second effort was better, I put what I wanted in a half full 5 gallon bucket of cold water and then added another half gallon of cold water with the bluing and let that soak and so got a much better result.

However, though the blueing helped give things a whiter appearance, the items that were yellowed that were my reason for trying this did not get nearly the result I had hoped for. Maybe they will benefit with a few more treatments but since this is a color offset rather than bleaching I seem to be getting more to grey than to white.

Plus side it that a tiny bit goes a long way, I think I will have some left for my grandchildren and my daughter is only 2. Unless of course I play around with it and use it to grow crystals, and there are directions on how to do that.

But over all, for 8 bucks it's worth a try if you are looking for enhanced whiting on fabrics that aren't really all that yellowed, if something already is looking tan this is not going to help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does wonders on whites, June 2, 2010
This review is from: Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz (Health and Beauty)
If you're sick of throwing out your favorite whites because they starting looking grey or yellow, this is for you. It will save you lots of $$$$$ and you get to keep your nice, bright whites! My mother used it back in the 50's. Still nothing better on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well! (I'm not blue. Ha ha!), January 11, 2008
An "old school" product that does what it is supposed to do. While mixing it with water and adding it to the rinse cycle requires me to pay attention to the washer, it's not a huge deal, as I don't use it with every single load of whites. (I use it monthly, if that). Well worth the money, and one bottle will last quite a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than bleach, May 3, 2012
This review is from: Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz (Health and Beauty)
This product is terrific. Whitens better than bleach. Just be sure to follow the instructions about diluting it. Even works in a front loader.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ancient Chinese Secret, August 2, 2012
Somatic (Washington State) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz (Health and Beauty)
My whites are visually brighter after incorporating this into my towel and casual wear wash cycles.
Just make sure to dilute the bluing agent into your wash water to avoid the speckled egg look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want whiter whites?, July 26, 2012
CHAREE' (North Olmsted) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz (Health and Beauty)
This product keeps your whites truly white. I am not the best at laundry, in regards to stains or using bleach. My familys whites turn an ugly shade of yellow over time, even with bleach. This product keeps our whites really white, like new, that crisp white that I think has a bit of blue in it. Anyway, great price, easy to use, the little bottle last a long time since you only use a very small amount. Be careful soaking items in this. I made the mistake of putting white shears in a bucket with a little bluing overnight and had light bule shears. That was my fault, like I said, not the best with laundry.

Mrs. Stewart's Bluing 8oz