Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: MTech USA MT-S4508DL Series Double-Lock Handcuffs, Carbon Steel, Nickel Silver
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on August 19, 2010
I have seen a few reviews on here saying these cuffs do not double lock, they do. I was skeptical to purchase these because of those reviews, but I'm glad I did. They are inexpensive and work. The cuffs double lock by inserting the pin on the key into the pin hole below the internal locking block. You remove the double lock by turning the key counter clockwise in the key hole (clockwise unlocks the cuffs).

I also saw a review here stating these cuffs had a tab on the side that unlocked them without the keys. This is incorrect. the only way to unlock them is by use of the keys.
44 comments|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2011
These Hand-cuffs are very good. Great Quality, Very durable, very solid. Nothing cheap. These seem just like the ones Law Enforcement uses. I had already bought 1 pair and I had to by another pair. I now own 2 pairs. I do Private Security and I have used them quite a few times, and they worked perfectly fine. Some of my other fellow Officers liked them and will order some as well. I will definetely recommend them. Well Worth your Money.
55 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2013
bought these for the bedroom...they double lock so they don't continue to squish my wrists...they work great :) comes with 2 keys, very sturdy metal...they're kinda heavy because the metal is very strong...worth every penny!
review image review image
on March 13, 2012
Took me a while to figure out the double locking mechanism. I don't think anyone explained it well on here yet so here it goes:

Double locking means that the cuffs will not accidentally get too tight. If you look on the key, there are TWO ends of the key. The normal end which is used to unlock the cuffs normally. There is a pin on the other end of the key that if you insert it into a tiny hole on the SIDE of the cuff, it will prevent the cuffs from getting smaller. To undo this, use the normal side of the key and put it in the keyhole and turn counter clockwise all the way. Then turn clockwise to unlock the cuffs.
22 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2010
Very good handcuffs, double lock works good. Feels like the real deal, good weight, looks great. Be careful with this one..
on May 20, 2015
May 29, 2015 (Update): First, these cuffs are similar to Smith & Wesson Model 100 Chain-link Handcuffs. Some measurements to help you decide if these cuffs would fit you needs.
• Wrist Opening (distance between the points when the cuffs are open to form a 3 : Almost 2.0" (S&W 2.04")
• Locking Positions (Notches): 19 (S&W 23)
• First Notch Inside Perimeter: 8.40"
• Last Notch Inside Perimeter: 5.5" (S&W 5.80")
• Distance Between Cuffs: 2.00"

May 20, 2015: These handcuffs are double-lock cuffs and come with two keys. They are heavy, solid metal. The loops are small. I am Asian and have small wrists. They just barely wrap around my wrists. Since I don’t have another Amazon handcuffs to compare with these, I will leave it at a five star rating. Just be aware that they are small cuffs. There is no instruction with the cuffs. You can view how to double-lock video on YouTube. Here’s the “how to double-lock” instructions to save you time.

The keys have a protruding pin at one end for the double-lock. One end of the cuff is the key hole for unlocking the cuffs. On the side of the opposite end, there is a pin flush with the cuff. To double-lock, you push the cuff pin in with the pin on the key. To unlock a double-locked cuff, you turn the key counter clock-wise to push the cuff pin back out then you turn the key clock-wise to disengage the gears.
on December 9, 2014
The cuffs do not come w/the key holes on the same side, so they aren't as applicable to the work environment as I would have hoped. I can use them as a back-up, though, so it was def. not a waste. I would not recommend these for official law enforcement/corrections work as a main use item, but they are not that bad for other uses.
on May 17, 2014
These are viable handcuffs but aren't quite service quality. Having said that, they would work for what they're intended to do. For the price, these cuffs are a good deal. If I wanted the best quality for the most money, I would have purchased Smith and Wesson brand cuffs. I'm satisfied with these and plan on keeping them in my gear bag.
on January 21, 2015
I don't know how I bought three pairs of these, but I did.
The keys from each pair match all other pairs, in case you were curious.
They're very secure. I appreciate the double locking feature; it's much safer for my... unprofessional... usage.

To double lock, secure the cuffs in a comfortable position, then take the back of the key (a pin-like end) and push in the tiny button on the side of the cuffs. When the button is in, they are double-locked and can no longer tighten. If you're into bondage, that's a good thing! Cutting off circulation or biting into skin is bad.

Gave these to a partner and kept two pairs for myself. They seem strong and well made.
on September 15, 2014
MTECH is a good company but these cuffs are not.. At first glance they look like good quality cuffs but they really aren't. For starters, They definitely aren't law enforcement regulation. The cuff set up is kinda like copy and paste. Correct cuffs should be able to have both key holes facing up with the openings in the same direction, for easy use. For example, while open, the cuffs shouldn't look like an 'n' and 'u' are next to each other, if that makes since to you. They should be just like a 'u' and 'u' with both key holes facing up. Secondly, these cuffs feel slightly flimsy and not as strong as regulation cuffs. Lastly, the joints of the cuffs aren't very strong.
In general, these cuffs are basically a stronger version of a kids toy.
These cuffs will probably do the job but may not last long.