Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon November 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'd been suffering for a month with bronchitis and a productive cough. My doctor had recommended Mucinex and lots of water. I was using lower-dosage Mucinex tablets but when I saw "fast" and "severe" on the label, I didn't hesitate. Within 30 minutes of my first dose of the liquid, my lungs were clearer and I could breathe more easily. Put simply, this product impressed the heck out of me. I recommend it.
on April 15, 2012
Results apparently vary from person to person; I'm one of the lucky ones with little noticeable result from this product. It does taste like some prescription cough syrups. I took as directed and waited an hour and a half; no difference in cough whatsoever, very slight difference in head congestion. For the price, that is rather frustrating.
VINE VOICEon July 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We had the chance to use this sample when my daughter was dealing with a nasty head and chest cold. It seemed to do the decongestant job as well as any over the counter product we have ever tried. For symptomatic relief, it got the job done.
on October 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I haven't tried every OTC remedy for congestion, but I've tried several, and this works well without putting me to sleep, unlike some others. The taste is pleasant -- not "medicinal". I'm not a clinician, but it does seem to work quickly. I've had just one mild cold this fall, and two doses made me feel better.
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm battling a nasty cold as I write this, and was able to really put this stuff to the test last night when my cough was keeping me awake and making me miserable.

In the past, my preferred cough remedies have been Robitussin DM and Delsym. Robitussin DM is inexpensive, readily available, there are generic store-brand versions that cost almost nothing, it provides adequate short-term relief, and it tastes terrible. Delsym is expensive, works all night long, is highly recommended by many doctors and pharmacists, and tastes surprisingly good.

I took a dose of Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough last night. Despite the name, I didn't find it to be fast at all. It took more than an hour before my cough started to subside. When I woke up this morning and my cough was even worse, I took another dose. This time it took an hour and a half before I noticed any difference. There's nothing fast about this stuff.

It doesn't last very long, either. Three hours at best. Delsym is rated at 12 hours, which is probably a bit optimistic, but even if you only get 8 hours of relief from it, that's a whole lot better than Mucinex's four-hour rating when you're trying to get through the night.

The taste is so-so; it's not the worst and not the best. It's somewhat more palatable than Robitussin DM, and doesn't burn as much, but Delsym tastes much better and has no burn.

All in all, this stuff is better than nothing, but it doesn't live up to the marketing hype. I probably wouldn't buy another bottle unless it was the only product available and I had no other choice. I'll stick with tried and true Delsym when I need cough relief.
on December 19, 2014
I have many episodes of bronchitis and pneumonia every winter and I'm very allergic to artificial sweeteners so finding something to help with my symptoms is almost impossible until my Dr mentioned this medicine along with my antibiotics this is all I need to get me back to everyday living
VINE VOICEon September 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I recently had a bad cold and tried Mucinex to ease my symptoms. It definitely works better than the other brands that I have used in the past. It seems stronger and I didn't have to take it as often as other medicines. Would recommend!!
on June 14, 2014
I buy this liquid along with the tablet version for my 80 year old husband who has mild COPD. He manufactures a great deal of mucus which affects him. This medication is great. It gives him alot more comfort and allows him to function throughout the day without breathing problems.

Mrs. Carol J. Kirms
VINE VOICEon October 3, 2011
INGREDIENTS:
Dextromethorphan HBr 20mg
Guaifenesin 400mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10mg

^-- the ingredients as a combination is powerful enough to cut down phlegm from bronchitis and other powerful illnesses

TASTE:
Medicinal Blueberry (You know that medicinal taste of cherry that most cough medicine has? It is the same sticky texture and heavyness to it, but with a medicinal blueberry taste)

PRICE:
It is pricier than other cough and congestion medicines but you are getting what you pay for. I have a friend who is a nurse and she always recommends to try the least-effective in terms of mg for illness and then bump the medication as the symptoms get worse. This prevents over-medicating and accidentally overdosing. So stick with dayquil (which at the time of writing this review is cheaper) if its working but come this if you are finding your dayquil is suddenly not up to par.

GRADE: A-
on October 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion and Cough works well. I finally had an opportunity to use it. My father began having congestion and after giving him the dose as directed, he said the congestion was gone after a few hours of taking it. Now 24 hours after taking Mucinex, he is still congestion free and he hasn't needed any more since. So two thumbs up on Mucinex Congestion and Cough. If you suffer from congestion, this is wonderful.

See 1 answered question