Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on December 15, 2012
I got these shoes because I am a maintenance supervisor. The job entails being in muddy areas one minute and inside someone's home the next. These shoes are waterproof with a great grip on the bottom so I know I won't be slipping anywhere. Whenever I get mud or poop on them I just take them off and hose them down; then I put them back on and my feet stay dry. But the two great things that I really really love about them are:

1. They slip on and off hands-free. This is perfect for going in and out of resident's homes.
2. They are EXTREMELY comfortable. I mean I find myself wearing (or at least wanting to wear) these everywhere just because they are the most comfortable shoes I own.

Just be careful because they do run about 1 size too big and you can't really over-tighten the laces otherwise they won't slip on easy anymore. I also saw another review saying that they slip up and down the heels when walking. They do, but not all the way off. It was kind of annoying at first - like the first 10 minutes - but I honestly don't even notice it so I actually don't know if it is still doing it.

Don't him and haw over this purchase. Just do it. You will not regret it.
on December 19, 2012
I own a high top muck boot for snow and wanted a low cut version for light outdoor duty on wet, rainy days. This boot fits the bill perfectly.

The boot is a little large in the heel due to the fact that I am a half size and had to order the next whole size. That is the reason for four stars instead of five.
on June 22, 2013
Excellent for outdoor work in the garden walking in water and dirt. More comfortable if you wear socks. These shoes do tend to be a little loose at the heal. However, does not make them too uncomfortable. They are not too hot even in Florida summer. I bought these shoes after my muckboot garden shoes started to wear at the rear sole. These Muckboots shoes have a more aggressive sole so they should not wear so fast. Good shoe if you walk in wet or muddy terrain and they are easy on and off.

UPDATE May 2014: After one year these Muck Boots are still in use everyday. Not much wear on the soles and no holes, breaks or leaks. Similar shoes that I have purchased would have already worn out and been trashed by now. Excellent for walking in shallow mud or shallow standing water. However, for water or mud in excess of 2.5 inches better get a full boot model.
on April 16, 2014
This is my second pair of MuckBoots Excursion Shoes. I love them and wear them all year long. Even when their is 6' of snow on the ground. The fit is great and I don't have to lean over and tie them as I have serious back problems. I just use a long shoe horn. The traction is also great. My wife and I have been wearing MuckBoots for 15 years to do our work/chores in. Highly recommend them.
on October 4, 2013
I purchased these shoes because I think they will be very useful for outdoor activities when the grass is wet or when there is light snow on the ground. They are comfortable to wear and look good. The back heal does slip a little, but I expected that because they are new and they do not lace up like regular shoes. The only thing to be aware of is the sizing. All of my shoes are size 10 1/2. I thought that if I was wearing heavy socks that the size 11 would work. They were way too big. I had to return them for a size 10 and they are still generous with the room but not too big.
on March 14, 2014
April 7, 2014 update; After wearing these for a month or more every day in this cold, wet, icy, snowy spring, I wanted to boost rating to a 5. These shoe/boots are all that I said / hoped for in my original review. As I said - ended up with a size 10. They fit slightly loose, like a normal winter snow boot, but not so much that they are annoying or do they fall off. Once, walking in moderately deep mud, the heal stuck and I had to "work the boot out" so not to end up walking through the mud with only a sock on . But when I head out to do chores or other, it is a pleasure to put this shoe / boot on!! Great in stalls - ankle fits just tight enough to keep debris out and yet not be annoying at all. Have even used it occasionally for trail walks in snow (2"-4"). As in stalls, ankle elastic is just enough to keep foot dry and warm. Normally I don't bother to snug up the easy to use elastic draw string laces. But on occasion (like the trail walk in the shallow snow), I do snug it up. But normally the shoe / boot stays on just fine with out snugging it up. Tread and waterproof has been tested well this spring. Nice traction and feet are always warm and dry. Other making it in half sizes, there isn't much to make this boot better.

Had a little trouble even trying to title this feed back. Three bears - too big, too small, just right? Too loose in the heal? Easy on and off. Too hard to get on and off? Reviews on these shoes / boots are ALL OVER THE PLACE. I have had a number of Muck boots as well as others - Jobber, Arctic Sport, etc. I love the Arctic Sports, don't like the Jobbers (tread is way too slippery in snowy / icy conditions.
In order to review them properly, it is important to know what I was looking for. I have a horse farm and wanted an easy on / easy off boot / shoe, that is warm, waterproof, keeps out shavings when doing stalls, snow (for snow in the 2" range), comfortable, fits well, durable, and has good traction. The Excursion ALMOST fits the bill perfectly - a tough order trying to score highly in all these categories.
Here are my scores:
- easy on / easy off - a qualified 5 stars. Must be the right size!!
- warm - so far so good!! Temps in the single digits and foot is fine! - 5 stars
- waterproof - no question about that. Perfect. - 5 stars
- keeps out shavings. Fit as snug as they can be around the ankle. - 5 stars. But see comments under The Fit The challenge
- keeps out snow - ditto as for shavings - 5 stars
- Fits well - see a whole separate section on this - 4 stars
- Durable - too soon to tell. But based on initial impressions and simply look and feel. - 5 stars
- Traction - this sole looks fantastic, exactly what I was looking for. Traction was a major issue with the Jobber. Not so with the Excursion - 5 stars.

The big issue is Fit. The majority of reviews have this as an issue / topic. Me too. Some reviews say it runs big, so order down a size. Some reviews say it runs small so order up a size. My Arctics and Jobbers were a 10 - 101/2; 10 respectively. I ordered a 10. Upon arrival, they fits loosely, especially in the heel, as a lot of reviewers noted. In fact the overall fit seemed a little loose. I ordered a 9 thinking that would solve the problem. Hmmm - not so. The 9 was a little tight around the ankle (a comment of some); and after wearing around the house to test, were just a tad too tight in the toe. Put the 10's back on. Still seemed a little on the loose side. But from past experience - too small is BADDD!! Feet get cold, and a little too tight in the toe quickly becomes an issue . Then I reflected on what I had and other boots. I love the Arctics. Do they fit a little loose - YES, but I don't mind that in a boot for snow, that I don't want to struggle with and keep my feet warm and dry. What I wanted in the Excursion was much more "boot like" than shoe like. I think that the Excursion does about as well as it possibly can relative to fit. As a few reviewers acknowledged - yes it is a little loose, not so that it feels like it is going to fall off. If you want the easy on / easy off (another feature that was non existent on the smaller size), comfortable, warm etc - this shoe meets all that. The only thing that Muck could possible do is offer it in half sizes. A 9-1/2 might have made the fit a tad better.

Bottom line - I am very happy with this boot!!!
on October 3, 2013
I had read they slipped in the heel and since I wear a 9 1/2 I ordered a 9 and they seem fine. Hope they breath better than my last pair of mucks. Overall they are a great shoe for some one who works in diverse conditions and wants to have dry feet!! I also love the support these shoes give.
on November 16, 2015
Rubs on my left heal.... did rub on both but as they get broken in I am hoping the left one stops rubbling! Great shoes that keep my feet warm and dry. Walking on hillsides the sides roll....and slide off... but just don't walk on hillsides and they are perfect!
on March 25, 2014
These are great seriously sturdy shoes. I like them a lot. I bought a size smaller than I usually would based on other reviews. They fit great in length and in the toe and mid foot area, but the main problem is that the heel is very loose. I added those stick on heel insert thingys, and that helped, but my heel still slips a bit. I am considering installing some moleskin or something as a wrap around inside the heel to take up the extra room. They are awesome shoes, and I definitely want to find a way to make them work for me. If you've got wider than average heels and you want waterproof sturdy cool looking shoes, then don't hesitate in buying these.
on September 4, 2012
The Excursion Low Casual MuckBoots are mighty handy for those rainy, snowy, or muddy days when you want quick, slip-on footwear before outdoor activities. No more lace up or buckle boots for me when venturing out in inclement weather. Got them muddy? Just hose them down. Terrific arch support, no-worry traction - the Low Casuals really fill the bill. With deeper snows I use their companion 12-inch MuckBoots, but most of the time rely on my handy and practical Low Casuals. A terrific buy!