5.0 out of 5 stars A new family favorite
Published on January 2, 2012 by 319

2.0 out of 5 stars Dark Enchantment
Bought this hoping for a fun, quick read for my daughter, but ever since she read it she's been speaking in tongues and trying to raise the dead. I can't be sure but I think the apocryphal subject matter of the story might be to blame. Hopefully Mr. Lopez will respond to my inqueries soon, and we can get this whole situation sorted out.

-a concerned dad...
Published on April 11, 2012 by Gwangi

5.0 out of 5 stars A new family favorite, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
Growing up, my brother and I spent a lot of time at our Nana's house playing with our cousins. Those are some of my most favorite childhood memories. So, when I read that this book was about a brother and sister making mud tacos with their cousins at Nana's house, I had to buy this for my children. When I read it to my 3 year old son and 5 month old daughter, my son thought that mud tacos were hilarious and the colorful illustrations held my daughter's attention the whole time I was reading. We really loved this book and I will be purchasing more copies to give as gifts to my nephews and nieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, October 15, 2009
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
Mud Tacos is a fun,lively romp in the backyard!! It is a sweet story about family, creativity, and lessons to be learned!!! The illustrations are adorable and colorful. Children as well as adults will enjoy this book. It will make you come back for second helpings!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for A cooking lesson on tacos!, February 15, 2012
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
This book is great for a cooking lesson! I did it with a group of 6 children and they had a blast! It even shows the ingredients they use to make tacos in the book. The kids loved the characters and loved making tacos! It is also a great way to introduce the Mexican culture!

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Name Is Mud if You Mess With Mario & Marissa!, May 18, 2010
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful, funny story that all ages will enjoy. Mario and Marissa, two very enterprising siblings decide to make mud tacos using leaves for tacos and mud and worms for filling. This in turn makes them want some REAL tacos, so they implore their grandmother to make them. She agrees and when they shop for the necessary ingredients, they also have to take their cousins, Rosie and Chico along. Chico, a bit of a bully has some fun scaring Mario and Marissa and their curly tailed husky. When the husky makes it clear SHE is not scared by Chico's bullying antics, Mario and Marissa decide that maybe Chico might like some mud tacos.

A very funny story with delightful pictures. To make a good thing even better, it comes in Spanish as well. Mud Tacos Spanish Language Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, October 20, 2009
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
This book is for everyone!! Just got the book last night, and we have already read it 5 times! My 4 year old loves the storyline about "pretending," and my 1 year old seemed to enjoy the vivid illustrations. I love that I am reading a book to my children that features the latin culture and promotes bonding with extended family. This book definitely brought back memories of the good times I shared with my cousins at my grandmother's house as a child. I am buying several more copies of this book today to give to my cousins and their children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Illustrative, November 13, 2009
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
Mud Tacos! is a really fun book to read. Mario and Marissa captured a great childhood story about family and fun. The illustration is absolutely amazing. We read this book to our 9 month old daughter and she loves the bright colors and pictures. If you want a fun and exciting book to read with the family, this is it! I am buying this one for the kids in my family for Christmas. Love it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dark Enchantment, April 11, 2012

-a concerned dad

UPDATE:

I've done some investigative research, and know that I know of Mario Lopez's past as an ordained minister in the church of Satan, I no longer feel feel his writings are an appropriate influence on children. Parents be warned!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Granddaughters loved this book., November 17, 2009
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
My granddaughters, ages 2 and 4, just loved this book. They loved the story and all the pictures in the book. Thanks for a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN & SWEET! What a great book!, October 15, 2009
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
This book was fun for me and my kids. The pictures are captivating and the story of make pretend kept my little ones so engaged! Even my 2 year old wanted me to read it again and again. This book allowed for us to have such a great conversation at bedtime about family. It gave me the opportunity to share my own stories from childhood as well. Your kids will love this book and as a parent, you will love the bonding experience you will share with your kiddos after reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mud Tacos, October 15, 2009
This review is from: Mud Tacos (Hardcover)
This is a vividly illustrated book which teaches one of life's great lessons. My kids enjoyed reading it over and over again. It makes a wonderful gift. Because the book is available in both English and Spanish, it is a great teaching tool. My daughters loved reading the English version and then reading the Spanish version to learn the words in Spanish. Highly recommended!!! Mud TacosMud Tacos Spanish Language Edition

Mud Tacos
Mud Tacos by Mario Lopez (Hardcover - October 15, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.01