Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

94%
Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon January 2, 2012
Growing up, my brother and I spent a lot of time at our Nana's house playing with our cousins. Those are some of my most favorite childhood memories. So, when I read that this book was about a brother and sister making mud tacos with their cousins at Nana's house, I had to buy this for my children. When I read it to my 3 year old son and 5 month old daughter, my son thought that mud tacos were hilarious and the colorful illustrations held my daughter's attention the whole time I was reading. We really loved this book and I will be purchasing more copies to give as gifts to my nephews and nieces.
on October 15, 2009
Mud Tacos is a fun,lively romp in the backyard!! It is a sweet story about family, creativity, and lessons to be learned!!! The illustrations are adorable and colorful. Children as well as adults will enjoy this book. It will make you come back for second helpings!!
on April 28, 2012
What a fun story with wonderful illustrations! Children find the mud tacos completely silly and giggle and squirm at the mere idea of eating a mud taco! The book also has a good story of getting along with family (siblings and cousins), and being nice to one another. It's also a breath of fresh air to read a book that is encouraging kids to play outside and use their imagination in a day and age where so many kids have their own computers, video games, etc.
on February 15, 2012
This book is great for a cooking lesson! I did it with a group of 6 children and they had a blast! It even shows the ingredients they use to make tacos in the book. The kids loved the characters and loved making tacos! It is also a great way to introduce the Mexican culture!
on July 17, 2013
I keep this book in my classroom library for my students to read during free time. I've noticed that it's one of the most frequently read books. Even another teacher saw Mario Lopez's name as a co-author and asked to borrow it to read aloud to her class. We need more multicultural books like this that are written by celebrities known to our students.
VINE VOICEon May 18, 2010
This is a wonderful, funny story that all ages will enjoy. Mario and Marissa, two very enterprising siblings decide to make mud tacos using leaves for tacos and mud and worms for filling. This in turn makes them want some REAL tacos, so they implore their grandmother to make them. She agrees and when they shop for the necessary ingredients, they also have to take their cousins, Rosie and Chico along. Chico, a bit of a bully has some fun scaring Mario and Marissa and their curly tailed husky. When the husky makes it clear SHE is not scared by Chico's bullying antics, Mario and Marissa decide that maybe Chico might like some mud tacos.

A very funny story with delightful pictures. To make a good thing even better, it comes in Spanish as well. Mud Tacos Spanish Language Edition
on October 20, 2009
This book is for everyone!! Just got the book last night, and we have already read it 5 times! My 4 year old loves the storyline about "pretending," and my 1 year old seemed to enjoy the vivid illustrations. I love that I am reading a book to my children that features the latin culture and promotes bonding with extended family. This book definitely brought back memories of the good times I shared with my cousins at my grandmother's house as a child. I am buying several more copies of this book today to give to my cousins and their children!
on October 15, 2009
This is a vividly illustrated book which teaches one of life's great lessons. My kids enjoyed reading it over and over again. It makes a wonderful gift. Because the book is available in both English and Spanish, it is a great teaching tool. My daughters loved reading the English version and then reading the Spanish version to learn the words in Spanish. Highly recommended!!! Mud TacosMud Tacos Spanish Language Edition
on November 13, 2009
Mud Tacos! is a really fun book to read. Mario and Marissa captured a great childhood story about family and fun. The illustration is absolutely amazing. We read this book to our 9 month old daughter and she loves the bright colors and pictures. If you want a fun and exciting book to read with the family, this is it! I am buying this one for the kids in my family for Christmas. Love it!
on April 11, 2012
Bought this hoping for a fun, quick read for my daughter, but ever since she read it she's been speaking in tongues and trying to raise the dead. I can't be sure but I think the apocryphal subject matter of the story might be to blame. Hopefully Mr. Lopez will respond to my inqueries soon, and we can get this whole situation sorted out.

-a concerned dad

UPDATE:

I've done some investigative research, and know that I know of Mario Lopez's past as an ordained minister in the church of Satan, I no longer feel feel his writings are an appropriate influence on children. Parents be warned!
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse