Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Change

on August 31, 2009
I play soccer and ultimate frisbee. I am a sprinter with fast acceleration and sharp-turns and cuts, so I have sprained both of my ankles multiple times. I bought these at walmart for about $15(but they don't carry this anymore, see below) and this was a great solution for me. I play with much more confidence and this brace, combined with my normal soccer cleats (to hold the brace), gives me a lot of comfort to do zig-zags. IF you play on uneven field (public fields), then this (or this type of brace) is very good to have.

Here is why I like it:
1. they are firm because it has a metal spring on both sides. Once you put your shoes on, there is little side mobility. There are cloth type braces (without metal/plastic support) which never work for me.
2. it is not too firm like plastic ones. there are some braces that competely take out any movement - an that's not good if you are wearing braces as preventive gear.
3. I like how it has laces but also you can adjusted it by the side panel adjustments. because of the side adjustments, I do not need to lace-relace everytime. It takes me 10 seconds to put them on and 3 seconds to take them off. That's my favorite feature! Walmart now sells other type of Mieller which is laces only and I would hate to spend 5 minutes before running to lace them up (all sprinters are impatient human beings and that's way they run fast LOL :)

I had both white and black and I prefer black color because the white color becomes dirty faster and looks yellow from the mud.

Last point, on a high jump I was pushed and landed on the out-side of my foot. This brace was ripped a little because it was a bit old (2 yrs) and I still twisted my ankle a bit but I think it would be much worse without the brace.
on March 29, 2013
I injured my ankle pretty severely. I graduated from a walking cast to this ankle brace. It fit inside of my regular shoes (shoes with shoelaces only) and offered great support for my ankle for several months before I moved on to a nice pair of boots.
on February 5, 2013
This is the one. I've had countless ankle braces and two ankle surgeries, and usually use this for barefoot sports (martial arts). This one doesn't cut into the top of my foot and lets my ankle still move. plus fast on and off. however, the crummy little tongue under the laces is horrible. just cut it out.
on January 14, 2015
Works well. Has velcro on both sides of the brace to adjust the fit. It also comes with a plastic covering just under the laces on the front of the brace. I cut this off. It would have irritated my skin and probably caused a couple blisters.
on August 13, 2013
2nd ankle injured and never returned to 100%(just like the 1st ankle). Can't play soccer with out the help of these now. Lot's of other braces do the job, but this one is compact enough to still be able to put on your boots and is easy to take on and off. I don't believe the velcro was intended to be used to take it on and off, but that's how i use it, and it works great. this may cut down on the life of the velcro holding but it will be, actually is worth it. This is my 2nd adjust to fit brace, and have had the first for @3yrs(6 soccer seasons for me). The only problem is i sometimes develop a blister where the bottom rear rubs the achilles. Having the right sock(thickness) or remembering to put a friction reduction bandage(or a regular thick band-aid ) at the friction point alleviates this problem. will definitely be buying again when current ones go bad.
on November 7, 2013
I bought another version of these years ago after severely spraining my right ankle. They were never uncomfortable, yet I knew they were holding my ankles firmly. On at least a few occasions I believe they prevented my ankles from twisting or worse. Only after many, many uses did the inner "tongues" start to rip. I tore them off completely, but felt the braces still supported my ankles adequately.

Wanting to find a replacement pair, I looked in many stores and online. When I saw these (and at such a reasonable price!), I had to buy them. Immediately they fit well within my Asics Gel Rocket volleyball shoes and felt more supportive/comfortable than ever. The wide Velcro closures are fantastic, not only for a personalized fit, but also for quick on/off. I appreciate the laces, too, whenever I need to make slight tightness adjustments.

I recommend these highly as do a few others with whom I play volleyball. My advice is to wear them BEFORE you get injured in the first place. Of course, they would do wonders for anyone who needs post-injury support and protection.
on August 23, 2014
Spandex portion is sewn to the thicker pads holding the metal insert, but with the hem is on the inside. The brace felt supportive enough, but I had to discontinue use of the product for soccer because these hems were slowly but surely digging holes into my feet (size 11 US mens). I purchased two of these and got very bad blisters in the same spot on both feet, more minor blisters elsewhere. I tried wearing above and below socks, but things just kept getting uglier and uglier. Gave up and went back to good old ace bandage wraps.

Might be okay for smaller feet or less rigorous activity.... pretty worthless for me.
on July 22, 2015
This ankle brace is the best so far that I've tried. It is firm, provides comfortable support, fits into my Nike Lunar Balistec shoe, lasts long, simple to use once you figure out how. After trying couple other brands the became my choice. One nice feature is that it fits both left and right and adjusts easily.
on August 25, 2015
I've had these for years now and they've worked great. My right ankle is shot from multiple ankle rolls. If I step on any uneven surface or rock my ankle just buckles instantly. I probably need surgery. But anyway this does a great job of support and prevents more sprains/rolls when playing basketball or sports in general. Not always the most comfortable (always seems to feel a little different in certain areas or requires me to redo it for a better and comfortable fit) and do seem a little bulky but not that bad. After years of use they are starting to wear out and rip in some spots. Been looking for newer ones that are a little more light weight and flexible while providing support... but haven't had much luck so far. Not sure if I just want to get these again or not. Definitely got great use out of them though
on September 2, 2013
First of all, if you're planning to buy this to wear inside your soccer cleats or other shoes, not recommended. I bought this to wear it inside my cleats but I could barely move my feet. IDK why other reviewers here said that its a great product for soccer players. If you're planning to just wear at home to support your ankle then it might be a good product.