Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Size: One Size|Color: Green|Change
Price:$6.59+ Free shipping

on September 15, 2010
When I was training for a marathon, I suffered from runner's knee and this helped me get through my training and the race. It worked and was cheap, so it was a great solution.

I gave it a 3 for two reasons:
-Sizing - only available in one size fits all. I'm a smaller woman and it would have been nice to have different sizes. It fit fine, but there was a lot of excess to wrap around.
-Lacks plastic loop - I've used the knee strap by Pro-Tec, which has a plastic loop and makes it easier to tighten the strap. The Mueller strap is only a strip, so you have to wrap it around to get it tight, no loop to get some leverage. This wasn't a deal breaker, but it wasn't as easy to use, especially if you are trying to tighten it while on a run.

Overall, I recommend it because of the cost. But the other features are nice if you are willing to pay a few extra bucks.
11 comment|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2011
I had been suffering from a pain right below my knee cap for months. I am 33 and play soccer 3-4 times a week. I had avoided going to the doctor, worried that I would require surgery and have to stop playing. But finally, after having trouble sleeping because my knee would ache I went in. My X-rays looked like my knee was in good shape. He pressed around on my knee and did various tests and when he hit the spot that hurt, I let out a small gasp. He smiled and said he knew what I had: patellar tendinitis also knows as Jumper's Knee.

He suggested I get one of the straps and sent a lady in to show me what they had at the office. She was a runner and advised against the ones they sold there and suggested I try this brand. She said she wore it all the time and had amazing results. I am always a little skeptical unless I try something myself, but these things are so cheap you would have to be crazy not to try it to avoid pain.

I am truly surprised, after a week and a half of wearing this when I run and play soccer, I can walk up stairs without favoring my uninjured side. I am not having issues with pain when I go to bed anymore. My knee isn't completely healed yet, but I am already able to go back to sprinting hard and pushing myself again rather than having to take it easy.

So if you have pain right below your knee cap, give this strap a shot. I am amazed how well it works and a little upset with myself for not getting checked it out earlier.
on March 13, 2011
I cannot believe how well this works. I was extremely skeptical when purchasing but after using it I was completely amazed.

I was running between 3-6 miles 4 times a week and each time I would get a pain in my knee, right below the knee cap. Usually the pain would star around mile 2 or 3 and sometimes it would be too bad for me to finish the run. My friend told me to get one of these which I put off for about 3 months. Anyways I am training for a 1/2 marathon and figured I should finally get one. My first time using it was an 8 mile run and to my amazement / enjoyment I did not have any pain. I mean sure there was a little bit but honestly the further I ran the less I noticed it. I cannot believe I went this long without a knee strap.

I don't know if they all work this good but man, I love this thing.
on March 25, 2012
This little knee strap really does prevent knee pain, especially when hiking long distances downhill. I hiked down the South Kaibab trail in the Grand Canyon, an elevation loss of 5,000' in six miles. First time was without the knee brace and I was nearly crippled by knee pain. The next time I used the Mueller Knee Strap and had very little pain at all. The braces can get a little uncomfortable behind the knee but the minor discomfort is worth the reduction in real pain. These braces wear and wash well; mine has lasted over two years now with frequent machine washing (line drying). Even after hundreds of sweaty hiking miles the braces retain no odor at all. One small complaint: with several bright colors to choose from, why not offer a flesh-toned strap as well? I don't want to advertise the fact that I'm wearing knee braces! I'd love to see a neutral color added to the lineup.
Both are 5 star products, but I find the Pro-Tec brand to be more comfortable, a better fastening system, and has more of a stylish look. Both are effective at helping jumpers knee (patellar tendinitis). For half the price, some may choose the cheaper, but "just as effective" alternative.
on October 5, 2012
I started doing triathlons after really getting into cycling. I had been a runner previously, but stopped because of the pain on the inside and outside of my knees. And when I say stop, I mean I didn't run for approximately 8 years. So as I started riding more, I noticed that I was having pain at the patella and some strain on the sides of the knees. I was worried the most about the running part of the triathlon (so you can see that this is a two-fold issue), so I started looking for some type of knee support. I can't believe how much they have helped!!

Let me say that I started using these straps when I was already in pain. I felt that they prevented the issue from getting worse. I did a lot of icing after cycling (riding approximately 150-180 miles a week), and I only ran during the triathlons (I do not train for the running portion because I'm still nervous about the sides of knees experiencing the pain that made me stop running originally). I even wore these straps out in public just to go to dinner and to shop because I was cycling so extensively and they helped relieve pressure when I was sitting. Then, I went away on vacation for a couple of weeks and did not do any type of exercising (except walking around). I think this helped tremendously with resetting my body because once I got back and started cycling again with the straps, I've had zero pain (riding approximately 150 miles a week). I haven't had to ice at all, and my knees and sides of knees do not feel achy. Also, I don't have to wear them outside of cycling anymore, which is nice. I have done a couple of triathlons since I've been back from vacation and no problems with running during the event either. I won't speculate how well they work for long-term running, but I will say this...if you're already in pain, give your body a couple of weeks to recover and then try to start running or cycling with these straps and see how it goes for you.
on July 5, 2012
Having played soccer regularly in the past decade, my knees suffered from chronic pain each time after a game. It got worse recently and i decided to shop around for a temporary solution. I must admit that at 6+ dollars, the Mueller Jumper's Knee Strap did not sound too promising. However, i decided to take the plunge anyway and was rewarded handsomely. This knee strap is a gem! I put it on when the pain comes and after awhile the pain goes away almost instantly. After a few weeks, the pain stopped completely.
on June 7, 2009
I am in my 50's and have always been an avid walker. Lately my knee has been a bit unstable and it has caused me some pain and effected my enthusiasm for walking. I have not seen a doctor for this problem. I decided I would start a self treatment approach and looked for a knee brace of some kind that would be comfortable and not be too cumbersome. There are a whole lot of knee braces out there with a whole bunch of engineering features including metal hinges. I like to start out simply and then move my way up to more complex if something doesn't work. I love this little device. It has helped to stabilize my knee cap which in turn stabilizes my whole leg and relived my pain. I have been wearing it all day long. It is comfortable and has helped me to be more conscious of how I strain my knee through rapid weight bearing motion. In short this device is brilliant for its simplicity. Start with this and see if it works for you before you spend a lot of money on another more complicated and expensive brace.
on October 29, 2014
Provided the needed relief, but if you are a serious runner that does trail work or anything other than flat roads it is not for you. It fell off on my first trail run, the velcro does not have a loop back/retainer on it like other models. I would avoid.
on June 1, 2012
It is possible I have already reviewed this item because over the last 4 years I have purchased about 12 of these for my son to help maintain a healthy knee with Osgood-Schlatter disease. The Mueller knee strap keeps the affected tendon stable and prevents more tearing and swelling from Osgood-Schlatter. I know athletes who are not familiar with the strap who have suffered over the years with golf ball size lumps under their knee caps and much pain and swelling. A good program with ice management and this knee strap will help keep the pain to a manageable level and enable your teen to play all of their sports until they outgrow the Osgood-Schlatter. My son started using this strap right after he was diagnosed which I think helped. He had to take a 2 month break over the summer from intense sports until the swelling went down and he was out of pain. He then started into his sports with this strap and has had very little down time since. Great product - thank you!