5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope for an incredible price
I have now owned my Mueller scope for over a year now, mounted on a .17 HMR Savage bolt action (heavy bull barrel). All I can say is wow.

Published on November 22, 2011 by Jojo

3.0 out of 5 stars Good clarity, Questionable Dependability
I really wanted to be one of the people that bought this scope, had zero problems, lived happily ever after and rated it 5 stars on Amazon. I am happy, overall, when i consider what it represents at it's price. I have, however, had a couple problems.

Published on June 15, 2012 by Nelson I. Beck

3.0 out of 5 stars Good clarity, Questionable Dependability, June 15, 2012
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)

The first one i received was mounted on my bolt-action Marlin .22LR. I took it to the range for the first time, sighted it in, proceeded to shoot several tiny little groups, shot the best score i have ever put up on a 50yd. benchrest target, and then i noticed the POI started shifting gradually. I was confused to say the least. Right after i noticed the changes i spotted the culprit. The erector tube was rolling around in the objective bell! Mueller took care of this very quickly and paid for shipping. Thumbs up for their service department.

The replacement scope is optically and mechanically sound but the Adjustable-objective is off. I have to have the lens set at infinity to focus at 200+ yards. Not anywhere close to lining up with the markings. The scope now sits on my .243 varmint rifle and I regularly shoot out to 400 yards at targets and milk jugs and such with no issues but I can't quite say i have 100% faith it will last forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope for an incredible price, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)

This scope is razor sharp, deadly accurate and has get ability to capture light. When shopping for a scope, I was looking at Nikons, Leupolds and similar when I discovered Muellers. After finding out that they are a Michigan company (where I live) and reading lots of reviews, I decided to try it out. Heck, they are touted as a medium quality Leupold with an entry price tag.

Well, that is 100% true and more. I find myself making the argument that these scopes are slightly better than a a mid-range Leupold.

I have since shot off about 2000 .17 rounds and the scope has kept its zero perfectly. The MOA adjustments are solid and easy to use without tools. I used Burris Zee Rings to mount it as Mueller recommended.

What is really nice about the scope too is the ability to adjust your focus from 25, 50, 75, 100 and infinity. That gives you a razor sharp view at any range you choose to shoot to.

Overall, I am very impressed with my Mueller and will definitely look to buy another one. I highly recommend it to someone who is looking for a quality scope on a budget. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal for the price!, September 8, 2009
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)
Mounted this on my 10/22 and it works very nicely. Easy to adjust cross-hairs without extra tools. Did not come with mounting hardware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marlin XT-22, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)
I mounted this on my Marlin XT-22 bolt action rifle. I thought I'd write this review since I can find almost no information regarding scopes and mounts for this rifle. Unlike semi-automatic rifles, bolt clearance becomes an issue when mounting optics on a bolt action rifle. I bought a set of Weaver #12 scope mount bases and weaver quad lock 1" scope rings. I bought a set of high and extra high scope rings because I wanted to make sure the bolt clears the rear lens while cycling AND removing the bolt for cleaning. In one review on youtube someone mounted a Nikon Prostaff on the XT-22 with medium height rings and the bolt was clear for cycling the action but didn't have enough room to remove the bolt so he had to take a dremel to his bolt and grind it down.

With the high height scope rings the Mueller APV 4.5-14x40 fits perfectly on the XT-22. There's about a 2mm gap between the front objective lens and the top of the barrel, just enough space for the front lens cover. The bolt also clears the rear lens by just about 1mm. Honestly it's scope was made for this rifle. The scope also clears the rear iron sights so you don't have to remove them.

The AO was one of the big requirements for me. I haven't checked the markings to see if they match the distances exactly but from what I've seen they seem about right. Some people have reported the distances being completely off, I'm guessing they just got a bad copy. So far mine seems to be spot on. Optics are crystal clear up to about 9x magnification and still very good up to 14x.

One potential downside I suppose is that the scope is rather heavy. If you're taking this backpacking you could probably save 5 or 6 ounces going with a 3-9x40, however for my purposes this isn't an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scope, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)
This is a great scope for the money. Obviously not in the same category as higher priced glass, but definitely worth the money. Variable objective and rock solid construction. Crystal clear lenses with easy adjustments. I did find that I needed a screw driver for elevation changes though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice For the Price, December 7, 2012
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)
Mounted this scope on a Ruger 10/22 and have been pleased with the results. Compares favorably to other scope brands that sell for about twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner !!!!, November 2, 2013
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)
Put this scope on a stock Ruger 10/22. Was able to win a bronze medal at this years rimfire sporter match at the western games run by the CMP
Very clear sight picture and a great scope

5.0 out of 5 stars I installed this scope on my Saiga 308., July 9, 2011
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)
This scope company is located in my home state of Michigan. They have their scopes made in china with japanese optics. My brother inlaw only has Nikon scopes. He could not believe that my scope was not some high end scope from Europe. Plus to top it off they have a life time warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rifle scope, April 2, 2014
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)
This is my replacement scope for my Savage .22 rifle. Like everyone said on their reviews, this scope will meet your expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars accurate, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm (Sports)
put mine on my 17 hmr... shoots super accurate. the scope is very clear out to at least a 150 yrds (thats the longest range i've shot at)

a little pricey, for smaller calibers, but worth it

Mueller APV AO Rifle Scope, Black, 4.5-14 x 40mm