Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on May 8, 2012
OK, some folks may wonder why I give this scope 5 stars. Normally, that would be reserved for scopes like Zeis, Swarovski, and other scopes up there in the 4 digit range. But, I'm an average guy, middle class working stiff, who can't afford high dollar glass on my less than high dollar varmint rifles. So, for what it is in it's price range- Mueller makes a very nice product. It's my understanding that they keep the prices down by not putting a lot of money into advertising. And No, it's not made in America- but guys like me can't afford comparable scopes that are made here in the states. The scope is VERY clear edge to edge and crisp even at 25x. For a 1" tube, it gathers light very well in dawn and dusk times. The mil-dots aren't true 2nd plane which stay exact at all powers (never understood that stuff anyway), however, if you spend much time over a prairie dog town, the dots become excellent aiming points for windage and hold-over shots and you get accustomed to using them quickly. Trust me, I live in West Texas where the wind is known for blowing more often than not, so those dots come in handy and get used a lot! The largest caliber rifle I have one of these on is a .243, so I can't attest to the durability of this scope as far as heavy recoil. My oldest Mueller is 8 or 9 years old now and it's still as functional (tightness and turret clicks) as the day I got it. And it's had a rough life being dragged up and down hills, tractors, trucks, stock tanks, one abandoned railroad car, and a windmill or two. I have 3 and will add another as soon as I get a parts/project rifle completed. Seriously, take a second look at this scope- it's worth 3 or 4 times the money.
22 comments22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2014
I wanted a nice scope for target shooting at 50 yards and also to be able to see a bullet hole at 100 yards or around that, rather than also buying a spotting scope. i tried a 3-9x40 vortex diamondback first, was just not the magnification i was looking for i guess, then couldn't resist the awesome reviews of the nikon brand and so i tried the prostaff 4-12x40 and honestly couldn't tell any difference from that or the vortex scope to my cheaper 3-9x40 umarex pellet gun scope. probably going to have nikon lovers after me for that comment but just speaking from my experience. Returned that to store, I was going to keep buying and returning scopes till i found one that i could actually tell a big difference in magnification and clarity. so i decided next choice was the mueller tactical 8.5-25x44 scope, i did need to buy slightly higher scope rings due to the 44mm instead of the 40mm on two other scopes, but it still sits low to gun like i was wanting. i have to say that this scope is the best scope i've had which i've only owned maybe 10 scopes all probably under 300 dollars that i've had thus far. the clarity is great and zoom is what i was looking for either at 50 yards or 100 plus yards, i also love being able to adjust the end of the barrel to bring it into focus, i almost bought the side focus one but i think i'm just old fashioned and still enjoy the end adjustment better than on the side. Also compared this to my nikon 10-22x50 zoom binoculars and scope is also putting it to shame .I know i've been very frustrated reading all these reviews and to only be let down. hope this helps someone out.
on March 27, 2013
I received my Mueller 8.5-25x44 Tactical scope today and was amazed at the quality of the scope as soon as I opened the box. Then I put the optics to the test and I could read small print on street sings at well over 400 yards with crispness. I mounted the scope on my22-250 and cant white to hunt some coyote with it. The scope has quality and clearness far beyond the price tag.
on February 12, 2013
I've used this scope for years on range shooting with a lot of .223 [+ 1000] and a couple hundred 7mm rem mag and other than the scope rings loosening up, the scope itself has never had an issue. It is very clear glass up to maybe 18 power and then starts to dull out a bit. I can see .223 holes in paper at 200 yards with this thing and use it as a spotting scope in addition to shooting with it. Mueller has been great to deal with. I've looked thru a lot of scopes at the range and tho' I haven't looked thru the real high end glass, this scope has a much better view than the others i've looked thru.
I recommend it highly and for the price you won't be dissapointed unless you really want one of the $1K to 2K scopes out there for shooting extreme long range with. The mil dot is accurate at 10X [for ranging] and the scope uses no batteries. The turrets have a definite click each turn.
on July 25, 2012
Put this on my Ruger 10/22 and am very happy. It does every thing I wanted, a little overkill for this gun but I wanted that for practice at long range shooting, 75-100 yards... shipping was fast and description was on the money.
on February 21, 2013
This is a very good scope and for the price you can't go wrong. After receiving it was probably a bit too much scope for my gun but after getting use to using the 8 through 25 power setting I am very glad I purchased. I was putting projectiles down range 200-yards and was able to see the bullet holes. This scope could be use at a further distance with ease, I just ran out of open range.
on June 3, 2015
Awesome scope. Looks great and not like a typical low end scope. Rich from Mueller insured me this had Japanese glass and I believe him by what I see. I compared it to a Tasco japan scope and my Mueller was clearer and brighter. I also compared this to a sightmark triple duty 8.5 25x50 and they were pretty tied optic wise with a sharper picture with Mueller and the Mueller had better contrast. I love it!! the site marks in the Muller were way better than the Bushnell legend 5-15x40 I had. Turrets were nice positive clicks and very audible and resettable. Haven't shot it yet but I'm backed up with lifetime warranty anyways!

UPDATE: I took it to the target today and now see why this is $150 scope. After barrel started warming up a little the target looked distorted and nasty. I started sighting the scope on 14x at 50 yards and everything was perfect , moved to 100 yards and tried 14x power and everything was way off. Tried on 20x power and thing were all over the place. This tells me point of impact changes through magnification. I have had cheaper scopes that have never done this. I guess looking through optics are one thing but shooting them is a whole new world. I'm not going to bash the company or product as I may just got a whacky one. However I lost $45 in ammo so won't be trying a next one.
33 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2012
I mounted it on a Remington 700 ADL 26" Heavy barrel. I was bore sighting scope and was very suprised, almost dead on without much adjusting. At 100yds. set on 25 power, clear and bright. I think the varmints are going to be very unhappy. I could have paid much more, but would not have a better scope.
on January 20, 2015
Had to send it back. I struggled with it for quite some time. Put it on my Savage 223. It would zero in and give me good groups, then out of nowhere, change it's point of impact. Example 1: Had shots hitting 1.5" above center at 100 yards, and I wanted to move it down 1/2 inch. Made the adjustments and next three shots are touching...but 2 inches HIGHER! Some questioned that I may have turned the elevation adjuster the wrong way, but even if I did, it should have shot 1/2 inch higher...not two inches! Second example: I zeroed the gun in, then put the gun in the cabinet for a few months. Didn't bang or knock it into anything. Next time at the range, windage is correct, but the gun shot 8 inches high! I temporarily put a cheap NStar scope (maybe $30?) on the rifle, and was able to zero and hold good groups. (sub MOA) I have since put a Buris scope on the rifle and it too holds groups. So I know it's the scope and not me and not the gun. Hopefully Mueller will honor it's warranty and send me a new scope. (or fix the current one) Then I get to tell the wife I need another rifle for this scope! But I will say, the image was clear and if it worked properly, I would be satisfied with the scope. I have another Mueller scope on my 17hmr, and it's great.
on July 23, 2014
Was shipped in good time. Shows up in perfect condition. Nice glass and is holding up quite well