Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Package Quantity: 1Color: 1pcChange

on November 12, 2012
The imagery for the mug does not show how small it is. For a full-grown man, it is easy to wrap your hand almost entirely around it.

I originally bought this for my fiancee, as she is a coffee lover; never goes a morning without. We own a variety of mugs, but she had mentioned that her basic mug (a gift from a friend who visited Vegas) was about a year old and she wanted to switch it up. I casually showed her this one, she got excited and I ordered it.
While we knew her current mug was larger than most, we can fill it with the coffee from TWO of this mug. This mug barely fills your standard mug over 2/3 full as well, and I felt others needed to be aware of this.

However, size aside, the mug is exactly as picture and behaves exactly the same. Originally it wouldn't fade completely to white, but after dipping it in a pot of boiling water and letting it cool (a few times), the pigment began to behave as expected. My fiancee still uses her old mug in the morning, but found that the size of this was helpful in not wasting coffee as she drank either around lunch or in the evening.

It would be helpful if they had a picture of this mug next to your standard mug, or possibly a soda can, to demonstrate the size difference. I may upload pictures later today if I can find the time.
88 comments420 of 433 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2013
the sleepy face never disappears! I didn't read the comments before I purchased since it was only $5.. my bad.
66 comments374 of 400 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
I thought this mug was the best thing and used it several times a week, only hand-washing it. Unfortunately, the graphic on the mug is merely a decal. It ended up peeling off of the mug after about 3 weeks and now it's just a plain, boring white mug. It still serves its purpose of holding my coffee, but it's far less entertaining than it once was. Don't bother purchasing it.
0Comment88 of 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
Even when I put very hot coffee the mug does not change color completely and looks bad. I sent an email to manufacturer but got no reply
11 comment140 of 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2013
Not a good mug. Seriously.

I was admiring this online and my sister-in-law noticed and was kind enough to gift it to me. I was so excited to receive it, but my happiness was short lived.

The mug DOES NOT turn white like in the pictures. Those pictures are heavily photo-shopped. It looks pretty ugly since the white sleepy eyes and the "o" mouth don't disappear and it looks like the mug has two faces. Ewww.

Also, no where in the product description does it say that the mug is NOT dishwasher safe. Which of course I learned the hard way. The black color is actually a film of some sort that peeled off half way on the mug. Now I use it as a pen stand on my side table.

Finally, I think my sister-in-law bought it when it was the full $25 price which is so so so over-priced. I almost feel guilty for admiring this mug. Even at $12 it's overpriced for the piece of crap this is.

DO.NOT.BUY. :(
33 comments115 of 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2013
This product was cute at first. It does not change colors completely and you can still see the sleepy face when the mug lightens up. It doesn't always turn white either, sometimes it's a grayish color. Then, after two hand washings, one side of the face came off. Poor design and quality.
11 comment92 of 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2013
The outside peeled after one use. My teenage daughter ordered this for me for Christmas, and she feels bad that it was bad quality.
0Comment58 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 11, 2014
I bought this as a gift. I'm glad I was able to test it out before sending it off to a family member. The photos are misleading. I attached a photo of the actual result. Save your money by not buying this. Would give 0 stars if it was an option
review image
0Comment43 of 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
Really cute cup! My kids love to watch it when I refill my cup and as I chug down my coffee. BUT It doesn't go to all white. You can see both faces when its hot. :/ A little disappointing but it's still a really cute cup. Not my go-to coffee cup like I hoped but it is my secondary.
0Comment45 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2013
Unfortunately, about 20% of the external coating has peeled off after two hand/sink washings... Sadly, it will probably have to be thrown out soon
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse