5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets!
Published on September 5, 2012 by Bree

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing not exactly spot on
Published on February 17, 2012 by WolfsRat

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing not exactly spot on, February 17, 2012
I received a small in this corset and it fits like a medium. I'm not sure how they got the image they did for this one, but the corset itself is straight. There is no curve to it. If this is being worn over a baggy shirt or dress for effect, it works ok-ish. But if you want it for a more corset feel without the corset price this one is not for you. There is no cinching or curve enhancing. Even as a decorative corset such as this, it does not have much of an effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars No regrets!, September 5, 2012
Looks as if some people paid up to 80$ for this. I paid around 25$ and I feel that is a fair price. Someone said something about it being a weird color? It is black. It is the same faux black leather look you are used to seeing with a nice black satin ribbon. Is this your regular Victorian era corset that will withstand someone with their foot on a wall tightening you into it? No. It is a costume piece, an accessory, a decoration. However, it does support. I matched the stats for a large size based on the chart so I got a large and it fits great! I think you will find that this product looks just like it does in the photos. One warning: I have a 36D bust and I find it somewhat difficult to uh.. how should I say, not trap them under this at least slightly. So be aware if you have a larger bust that this will require more than little "adjusting".

3.0 out of 5 stars Black underbust corset, December 19, 2011
Reasonably nice piece for the price.

A few things that could have been better though. The sizing was accurate, but as my wife was at the lower end of a "Large" according to their sizing chart, and having purchased a Large, the garment does not fit particularly snuggly...as a corset should. We probably should have ordered a Medium so that there was still room in the laces to cinch it up a bit, to give it a more form-fitting appearance. The front closure, while sturdy & strong, is a bit of a challenge to get closed. The hook-n-eyes on either side are mounted on a very rigid metal stay(s)...with nearly zero flexibility to it/them. So you end up trying to align all 6 or 7 closures simultaneously, otherwise you're going to be in for a struggle to get this thing closed properly. I actually had to do it for her while she stood as still as she could, and I still had to fight with it a bit. Imagine having a couple of 2 x 4's...one with holes in it and the other with pegs...and you're going to try to get all the pegs in to the holes...but one at a time. A challenge, to be sure. Once in this garment however, it looks nice...she said it wore well throughout the evening, and she received several compliments on the appearance of it.

As I said at the start of this review...good value for the money, but it does have one or two minor pitfalls that you should be aware of...particularly if you won't have anyone else present to help you get in to this piece.

1.0 out of 5 stars -_-, February 16, 2012
The corset doesn't fit down to waist like shown in the picture, the leather is too thin and doesn't bond tightly to your body, the ribbon is thin and doesn't hold up to being pulled and tied so they wear down a bit. In all reality i'm very unsatisfied with the "corset".

2.0 out of 5 stars Size is an issue, January 23, 2012
With the loss of over 25lbs witha 5 inch reduction in my waist I was way too excited to wear this corset. When purchasing this item i went with the guidelines set forth on the size chart, 38inbust/30in waist, making a large the perfect fit...not so much. Even after almost completely unlacing the entire thing it still didn't fit properly. Since the policy is no exchanges or returns I am stuck with an item that I can not use.

3.0 out of 5 stars No returns or exchanges? Really?, April 26, 2012
Package arrived unexpectedly, as the order never updated from "Has left facility and is in transit.", did arrive promptly (4th day from order), but when it arrived, my disappointment increased more and more.

First, it's flimsy. For something that lists at $85, this thing is hardly worth $20, and probably cost only a few dollars to make. The "Faux leather" is a glued on, super thin cheap product with a spandex/polyester blend underneath, which is a very low thread count and fairly uncomfortable against the skin. The next hurdle was the sizing. First of all, if you are going to get this, note that the sizing isn't exact. Going for 2-3 inches under your waist size will lead you wrong. If you are fairly muscular, go a size up from what the chart says. If you are a more voluptuous body type, however, stick with the chart. If you are all skin and bones, also go up TO your waist size. Technically, my waist size fit me at an XS, and even then, I knew an XS would be too small. The small still left enough of a back to require a modesty panel. The corset looks good, when worn, but the image is misleading. There is NO way the corset in the image has that kind of a curve to the waist without clips being applied. On the body, and off the body, it's fairly straight up and down with very little curve to it. It does fit awkwardly over the belly if you are muscular or a thin build. You will never get it to be quite right on the lower portion. And to top it off, the laces are cheap ribbon, and way too short. You are going to want to substitute with some nylon boot strings. This is a cheap "fashion" corset masquerading as a high priced item. The listed price on Amazon at $27 is about right, but even so, you can get high quality corsets from online vendors in europe for cheaper than the list price, and they will be far and away better quality. The sad part, is that they shipped from Britain and got through customs faster than this item shipped across the US.

As for the free thong that was thrown in... Just throw it away. It's cheap garbage, made of coarse materials and has absolutely no worth to anyone except for bored housewives that are going to wear it once before bed. It's not like it was a selling point of the product, but if you are considering the addition to be a point for the product, prepare to be contradicted. If anything, the laziness made the product look worse. I imagine they had no option but to give those away.

As for the lack of return or refund policy, this is rare with this kind of item. Almost every corset store has a 60 return policy, because sizing these things is not a science, and each corset fits each body type very differently.

Overall, you get what you pay for. If you paid list price, I feel pretty bad for you. Moral of the story: Buy elsewhere. The product only earned a 3-star rating for being discounted to $27 at the time of purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favorite new piece of clothing, January 15, 2013
Not sure what I can say in a review of this item that is allowed on a public site. However, let's just say, this piece has been a great deal of fun for my husband and I to play with at home...

I expected a relatively crappy item of clothing based on the price and place of origin, but it's actually pretty nice! It's been worn numerous times, and well-appreciated during those wearings - up close, personal and intensely - and held up quite nicely!

It also arrived surprisingly quickly, now that I think about it.

Thumbs up from the both of us! Highly recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product- poorly made and horrible customer service, November 19, 2012
The corset is cheaply made and has rods which poke in the sides/back. When I contacted customer service, they said that b/c I had worn it, they couldn't return. Not sure how one would know if something has rods which poke you in the sides and back if one does not try the thing on.

5.0 out of 5 stars My experience, October 13, 2012
I was a little hesitant about buying this after reading about it not fitting people correctly, smelling like fish, crappy ties, and so on. I decided I couldn't pass up this sale though! When it arrived, it just smelled like fake leather... which is what it is! It fits me perfectly as well! I ordered a small (I am a 32C, with a 28 inch waist) and it fits perfectly! I never had to really adjust anything, I just put it on and it was awesome! I am very, very happy I bought this at such a great price. And the leather thong it came with was pointless... Just toss it when you get it. I think that if you get this expecting to tie it up sooo tight with the "ribbon-ish" ties... it might not work. I think the ribbon ties it came with are pretty but might not be realistic if you're trying to really cinch your waist. Overall, great choice!

1.0 out of 5 stars just got mine and it stinks like fish and makes anything that youches it stink like fish!!, May 15, 2012
So gross smelling stinks like fish. I tried it on when I first got it and stunk like fish all day. It made my whole room smell like fish, so disgusting!, I am not happy I bought this and really regret it after all. :''(

Rate and Discover Movies