Mulch insert Does anyone know where you can buy the mulch insert mentioned in the SPCM1936 mower manual? It didn't come in the package so I thought it's an optional accessory I can buy. But I search here on Amazon and at Blackanddecker.com web site and couldn't find it at either place.

Also, does the battery really last only 30 minutes as stated in another post here? The package said it can mow up to 1/3 acre. I just got my SPCM1936 mower and haven't had a chance to use it yet.
asked by David C. Lin on April 1, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
As mentioned, there is no mulch plug. There is a small orange dial on the right of the mower you push in and turn. It moves a flap over the grass chute to either keep the clippings in and getting chopped up or back out of the way to allow the clippings into the bag or out the back. If the dial gets hard to turn, a quick blast of wd40 or similiar lubricant to the hinge area will loosen it back up.
Battery life realy depends on how much work the mower is doing so you'll have to experiment. I get a half hour easily out of mine.
Fireballsocal answered on October 12, 2012

A
votes
great mower, this is second year of usage, never had the power run out before finishing about a half acre, quiet enough to not have to wait for the neighbors to get up to use,mulch inset is with mower see manual, height adjustment is easest to use on any mower i everyowned and best yet no gas
Michael R. GREENFIELD answered on April 3, 2012

A
vote
Some models don't have the mulch insert. Instead there's a dial you set to either mulch or bag. See manual.
Christy B answered on April 3, 2012

A
votes
It lasts longer than 30 minutes if the grass is a normal height. If you are cutting low and the grass is really high, it will run out faster. As for the mulch insert, Black & Decker's website says it is built in? I think the mulch insert is for the CM1936 since they share a manual.
Batknight answered on October 11, 2012

A
votes
I am also looking for the mulch insert p/n 90564917. I have not yet called the customer support number, but I guess that shall be next. I got a spare battery with mine but have not had my grass to grow enough to challenge my mower.
Gayle Fairless answered on March 10, 2014

A
votes
The mulch insert is listed as p/n 90564917 on page 15 of the manual for the Catalog Number CM 1036Z and Catalog Number SPCM1936. The manual date code is 2013 35-38. The part number has been changed to 242382-05SV from the old number. (05SV => zero, five, Sierra, Vector). I ordered the mulch insert from one of their central warehouses [Birmingham, AL (205) 942-0538] for less than $30 if I remember correctly. It does not fit the SPCM1936 that I purchased. Fireballsocal who answered on October 12, 2012 is correct. The flap keeps the insert from fitting the SPCM1936. The insert is probably meant for the CM1936 and is described in the manual.
Gayle Fairless answered on April 2, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›