Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

Size: 1 ozChange
Price:$8.40+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 3, 2008
I first used Herb Pharm Mullein Garlic Compound when I got a middle ear infection a few years ago. The M.D. prescribed Cipro, which is what they use to treat Anthrax, for God's sake! I wasn't about to take something so powerful for a simple ear infection. As a retired chiropractor, I choose a non-toxic natural approach whenever possible. Garlic is called "the Russian penicillin" because the Russian Army used it in WWII when they ran out of penicillin. No germs can live in garlic. This stuff is soothing and it works -- however, be aware that it will take considerably longer to work than antibiotics. There are, of course, absolutely no side effects, which is my main concern for any non-life-threatening situation. I will not be without this product for the rest of my life.
M.G., D.C.
99 comments183 of 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2011
I turned to Mullein/Garlic after learning the pharmacy holding my 3-year-old's antibiotics had closed for the night. I put 2-3 drops in her hurting year while my husband held her and had her lie quietly on her side (we kept her preoccupied by watching Thomas on the iPad.). About 10 minutes later she told me her ear didn't hurt and then proved it by dragging out bedtime routine!
Tip: To "warm" the drops, rub the bottle back and forth between your hands for 2-3 minutes.
0Comment119 of 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2013
My 2 and 6 year old were tormented my ear infections this fall. I think we had 5 or 6 between the two little ones within 3 months! They both had been on Omnicef and just kept on getting sick. (As a side note-when my son was 2 he got C-Diff from this same drug which means that it had killed all the good stuff in his gut and left him open to infection and my 28lb baby lost 2 lbs over the weekend) I ended up having a conversation with my dad who is in his 80's and he told me about sweet oil (which is basically olive oil) and that when he was growing up that is all they used. So I started researching and came to the conclusion found that garlic infused olive oil is even better. Well, I got my chance to test it out soon after. On a Friday both babies started complaining about ear pain. I called the doctor, they wanted me to come in (around $200) to confirm it was an ear infection (DUH!!!!) and wouldn't just call the script in SO I found an herb shop up from me and they had these drops so I went to get them. I had already spoken to Children's Hospital's nurse helpline and they told me the standard pain treatment during an ear infection was giving both Tylenol and Ibprofun at the same time so I did that, then followed the dosing instructions for the ear drops. GUYS and GALS, they were completely pain free within 2 days and I have not seen an ear infection since. I now honestly believe that all those meds were causing the reoccurrences. These drops are a must buy and I will always have them in my cupboard!
44 comments83 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2011
I put some on cotton balls and stick em in my ears for a bit and the clogged ears disappear.
33 comments46 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2012
My 20-month old toddler was diagnosed with ear infection on Aug 8. He was crying hard and pulling his right ear. That night, he also had fever.So next day, we took him to the doctor and she said ear infection. She prescribed antibiotic, but we were not excited about it. We had purchased this oil sometime back and decided to give it a try. We applied 2-3 drop, 3 times/day for 2 days. That one night fever, did not re-occur. He didn't cry after that one night so the pain was gone as well.

We took him to the doctor today and doctor said that the right ear was clean and free of any indication of infection. I am writing this review so other can benfit. This was not a outer ear infection, but a middle ear infection. So, this oil seems to work on middle ear infection as well. Of course, one needs to be sure that the ear drum is not perforated or ruptured.

Update 04-Jan-2014
Update: I wanted to add few more tips based on my past 2 year experience. The thing to remember is that such natural remedies work best when given at the earliest sign of trouble. As soon as your kid has nasal congestion, start applying this oil to his ear and apply 2-3 times a day. Middle ear infection happens when cold block the ear tube and bacteria proliferates in the blocked fluid. The key is that his outer ear canal needs to be clear, meaning free of ear wax. If the ear wax absorbs the oil, garlic is not going to be absorbed by the ear skin and reach any infection. We have found that Clinere Ear Cleanersworks really good. When you put garlic oil in a clear ear, it goes deep and helps control the infection. The other thing to do is to figure out ways to relieve nasal congestion somehow. We like Hylands Homeopathic, Cold 'n Cough 4 Kids, 4 Ozfor it.
33 comments65 of 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2012
My dog has chronic ear infections. We are always dropping the Dr RX into his ear. Decided to try this stuff since it worked for me. AMAZING. He felt better in literally 5 seconds.
1010 comments37 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2015
My son had multiple ear infections at the end of 2014.....over and over, why we don't know. The pediatrician kept prescribing antibiotics over and over. Antibiotics are fine when they are TRULY needed. One half dropper of this a day for three days makes my sons ear infections disappear! Customer for life!
99 comments17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
I am suffering from constant earaches, and those drops were the only ones that really helped, other than you smell like garlic for a little it's all worth it!
on March 27, 2015
I recently have come down with a Toothache/Ear Infection double whammy, and while I wait for my antibiotics to do their job before I can get it fixed, I've been spending many long days and sleepless nights in agony.

Enter this stuff. Sure, the smell of this stuff would repel legions of the undead (and possibly raise a few!), but that's temporary. I'm always a skeptic of so-called "Miracle Cures" but this stuff really does do the trick. just put in a few drops and let it sit for a bit and the pain, the discomfort melts away.

SO, if you're up reading reviews and you're hurting, or if you know someone who is, give this a try. It doesn't cost a fortune and it works. More Importantly, It's much safer than doing peroxide or vinegar rinses, both of which can dry out or even severely burn your ears if you're not careful.
on August 11, 2015
As a swimmer, I'm no stranger to ear infections. I ordered these on Saturday when I first felt an infection coming on - I usually know when I bite my teeth together because it sounds like tapping on a balloon in one ear. On Monday, my mailman decided he didn't want to leave the package for me and I endured the worst pain of my life that night, crying, whimpering, holding a gigantic ice pack to the side of my head, unable to sleep. Come Tuesday morning I called in sick and had someone drive me straight to the post office to pick them up. Sleep deprived and in horrible pain with no signs of it stopping, I opened the drops in the car, put ONE drop into my ear and turned my head to let it drip down to my eardrum. It felt a tiny bit warm and then was undetectable albeit for the garlicky smell. The pain instantly began to fade. By the time I got home fifteen minutes later, there was no pain. Two hours later, there's no pressure anymore. In fact, I can't physically feel any symptoms of the infection whatsoever.

I'm going to be a lifetime buyer of this product if it always works this well. I'll update next time I have to use this.

Update 11/01/2015:
Gave this bottle to a coworker who had a screaming grandson with an ear infection. She came to work the next day with cookies to thank me. This stuff is great.