Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

This is a nice quality stand for any tablet or smart phone. The front is made of aluminum and the back leg is made of plastic. It can support 11 pounds so it is quite strong even though it only weighs 6 and 1/8th ounces. It is made for e-Readers, tablets and phones and it is ideal for use on your desk or while you travel. It has silicon rubber bumpers to protect your tablet from being scratched and a silicone channel that your tablet sets into. My Otterbox Defender case would not fit into the stand but our iPad 2 in a thin case fit fine. There are also rubber feet on the bottom of the aluminum stand to keep it from sliding easily.

There is a push button to allow you to easily adjust the tilt angle and it lets you set the angle you prefer. You can set it into an angle to watch a video, read or type. It is ideal for using on a plane for holding your tablet on the pull down tray. When you release the button the stand locks into the angle you have set. You can even set the stand up and have your tablet or smart phone record a video while it is set up. Your tablet can be mounted in the landscape or portrait mode. There is even a notch cut out to allow you to touch the home button on an iPad.

I put together a video to show you the stand. It is attractively designed and it is a nice accessory for your smart product. It is priced well and is a good quality product. I rated it at 5 stars.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2013
When I first took the stand out of the box, I was scratching my head - "What the heck; how is this going to support anything?" Turns out I was wrong. It's a great stand. Configurable, strong, and techie-look enough to feel right at home on my desk full of Apple devices. I'll get another one; there's plenty more to prop up on these clever stands.

UPDATE: Since writing this initial review, I've become addicted to SHARKK stands. Our house now has one stand at each recliner, one in my office, one in the kitchen, one in the dining room, one next to the recumbent bicycle, and one in my Kindle bag. Oh, and two in the guest room (one on each nightstand). They're rugged, and stand up to being used as launching pads by the cat— and don't suffer when being thrown on the floor by a passing cat or a clumsy cook (me).

I hope they become available again soon since I see a few more places around the house where a SHARKK stand would definitely work!
on January 24, 2014
I go this as my second attempt at finding something that I could use with both my phone and my tablet, to hold them up. I have a wireless keyboard I carry and often I get inspired to write something or I need to take notes on something.

There is only 2 key drawbacks I find to this product. It needs to be outfitted in such a way that the power cord can still be plugged into the device while using it. The second is to do with cases. Unless I take my tablet out of it's case it has a hard time working with this as it is. The lower 'c' shape needs to be a little wider to accommodate tablets that are in cases.

Other than that, it is a good size. I hope that SHARKK is reading this review so that they can make these changes to this stand.
on January 7, 2014
I have an iPad mini with a smart case.

After trying many different products (including the Facet- what a waste of money!), I tried the SHARKK. I like it's versatility, good looks and simple and effective design. I've used it in multiple applications including my iPhone. It's great. Very sturdy and minutely adjustable!

AND, it costs less than the other options- when does that ever happen?!

I am very satisfied and highly recommend this product!
on January 7, 2014
Works like a charm with iPad Air or Nook HD. Reading, playing games, or browsing WEB. Rests in lap or table, folds flat with a touch. Well made for long, carefree use at a reasonable price. Both my son and daughter saw mine, and wanted one like it.
on November 9, 2013
This stand really does its job. I recently bought a Galaxy note 10.1 and got this stand. (Still reserving judgment about the note 10.1) Stand holds it in many possible angles for use. It is two pieces of aluminum with an adjustable pivot between them. Heavy enough to hold the tablet either in landscape or portrait. A curve at the bottom holds the tablet easily. Several Plastic pieces separate the tablet from contact with the stand. Folds nearly flat for carrying. One downside with the Galaxy Note is that the home, menu, and back buttons are nearly covered by the curved slot at the bottom of the stand. This makes using the buttons awkward. Also the Galaxy Note has the MICRO USB connector at the bottom edge where it rests on the stand. A general problem with the Galaxy in landscape mode. Recommended.
on September 30, 2013
Very nice. Folds flat, so stores quite compactly. The stand's angle locks in place. Your device has to be pretty thin to slide down into the slot on the stand. That doesn't matter though, because your device can be supported on the rim. Works well for my iPhone in case and my kindle in case.
on December 5, 2013
I've been wanting a stand for my iphone/kindle/whatever else for months...how can the market have so many stands? It's a bit ridiculous. Happy to report that this works very well for all my gadgets, and folds neatly. Nothing further needed!
on October 23, 2013
I got this today and am using it with my Lenovo Idea pad and blue tooth keyboard. I'll also use it with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.0. It is so easy and very sturdy. I'm so please with this purchase. Get one, you'll be glad
on December 28, 2014
This solves a very specific issue for me with my Kindle Fire HDX 7". I like to read in bed, meaning I need a way to prop up my Kindle. I also like very lightweight protective cases. It's been challenging to find a lightweight case that can function well as an easel. The SHARKK is the perfect answer! It is small but sturdy and is capable of propping up my Kindle with its lightweight case attached. The perfect answer for me!