Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 1 Pack|Change

on June 21, 2011
This toy is a blast for kids. It really does change your voice, and I think the different voices are distinguishable. My daughter asked for this toy for a long time before I actually bought it. She's played with it almost nonstop since.

This would be a great gift for a beloved nephew or niece who lives in another state, and whose parents you don't especially like. Because the child will absolutely adore the toy, and it will make the parents want to gouge their own ears out with a grapefruit spoon. I made the mistake of buying it for my own child, who lives in the same house as me. Does Amazon sell grapefruit spoons?
2828 comments| 917 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2009
I don't know why other reviewers say this toy doesn't work, because it does! I bought 2 of them for Christmas, and both of them worked just fine. You can test it while still in the packaging (which I did), so it obviously had some sort of battery in it already, and we were playing with it right out of the package. And as long as you keep your mouth close to the microphone area when talking, and hold the "trigger" the entire time, the changed voice is by far louder than your normal voice. You can change the settings to lots of different combinations to get different voices. My six year old nephew had a blast with this, but the funny thing is, the adults enjoyed it just as much as the kids! It has one deep, Darth Vader-type voice, so of course all the adults wanted to say "Luke, I am your father!" into it, LOL. The six year old was walking around telling everyone to "Take me to your leader." in a robotic voice. It will also do high-pitched voices, and many other combos. Great fun for everyone!
44 comments| 364 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2007
We got one of these and liked it so much, we bought a second one. It has a half dozen or so switches, each with an up or down position to make various voice changes to choose from. You do have to speak closely to the mike in order for others to hear the changed voice more than your regular voice. But fun for an inexpensive toy.
0Comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2011
I was very excited when I found this toy on Amazon last year for Christmas. I thought it would be a lot of fun for the whole family. At the time it was $20 and I thought it would be well worth it. When it arrived it seemed cheaply made. When my kids and I tried to talk in it you could not understands the words we were saying. We tried talking with it several inches from our mouths and you could mainly hear our regular voices. When we put our mouths closer all the words were muffled. Luckily I was able to return it which cost me $5. I did see the Elf microphone by Hallmark the other day and it seemed to work better. Don't waste your money on this voice changer and if you do want to try it out I would pick it up at a store where it is easier/cheaper to return if you don't like it.
on May 31, 2009
Bought these for my grandsons and their Mom and Dad,too! My oldest grandson had one at a family gathering and we all had a ball passing it around and being silly (who doesn't get a thrill out of sounding like Darth Vader)? It is definitely fun.
The only disappointment was that at $14.97 each, it does not come with a battery and it takes a nine volt (not something you might have handy around the house - and no borrowing from the smoke detectors allowed)! Wish that Amazon.com had suggested the purchase of batteries. I purchased these as a gift and when they arrived in the mail the boys (4 and 2 yrs.) were really disappointed that they had to wait until Dad got home that night with the batteries! Buy one they are FUN.
66 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2008
My son, who we bought this product for, seems to like it well enough and has used it often since we purchased it 2 months or so ago. However, this product is advertised to have 10 different sounding voice modifiers, BUT ALL the voice options sound the SAME (which is kind of a robotic "Chipmunk" voice).

For a child who will be entertained by having his voice sound differently at all, then the product is fine. If you really want the option of many different sounding voices, this is not the product for you.
11 comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2012
"Great seller! Item arrived earlier than expected, item has a robot voice, a man's voice(more like slowing down your own voice to make it sound deeper), a high pitched woman's/fairy sounding voice. (not that I know what a fairy sounds like, but this could be it!), the item also amplifies your own voice. Great gift. Item arrived working with batteries included!"
on October 20, 2011
Are you the kind of person that would buy your brother's or sister's kids a drum set or other loud toy just to get a rise out of them? If so, this should be on your short list. For what it does, it's great. Our boys (now 8 and 10) have used theirs for a few years now - it's definitely durable, and will drive parents crazy. We finally resorted to hiding ours, but I love a good annoying toy as much as anyone, so every once in a while we pull it out and go nuts with it. A great gift to give to friends or relatives with kids and a healthy sense of humor !
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2013
Not only did I find this at target for a couple dollars cheaper, the re-verb on this is horrible. Anytime you try to use it and talk into it, the speaker starts screeching. complete waste of money.
on December 24, 2009
This product sounded like a fun toy for a child. However, it is made so cheaply that the on-off switch doesn't work properly-it stays on all the time thus discharging the battery quickly. Don't waste your money. Sue in Michigan