5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me..
Published on February 13, 2012 by Gravely Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Reviews
Please be advised that many of the positive reviews about this product are not from genuine users. Do your homework and check the reviewer's history. I fell for it, including the bogus Kaiser Institute website which rates this product as #1. You are better off buying from a reputable company.
Published 22 months ago by Forrest

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me.., February 13, 2012
This review is from: Nexabiotic Probiotic 21-strain Multi-probiotic Supplement with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Infantis, Saccharomyces Boulardii (was Benebiotics), 60 capsules (Health and Beauty)
Been fighting mystery illness for year or so. Dizziness, super low energy, joint pain, edema, etc. No insurance so no money for specialists. 3rd GP last summer said his best guess after eliminating all usual suspects, was some sort of rheumatic condition. And as last effort tried round of antibiotics in case it was lyme which is a rheumatic disease (lyme test itself is expensive and none too reliable). Didnt help but it sure did do a job on my digestive system, wiped out all the normal friendly bacteria I guess.

So tried Align, it had lot good reviews here on Amazon. Ok, helped digestion enough that I knew I wanted to continue with some probiotic since I had better digestion than even before the antibiotics. But got to reading and Benebiotic put Align to shame. 18 strains of friendly at twice dose for each strain. Align only has one strain. So ordered it via the Benebiotic website since at that time they gave discount if you ordered two bottle at a time.

Slowly, ever so slowly, I got stronger, Benebiotic besides doing the expected help for digestion also seemed to be helping my mystery illness which I am suspecting is some kind of infection even if it isnt lyme. And for me I needed to take two a day for best effect, hey I am cheap and tried the one a day idea, but didnt work near as well. I now have some strength/stamina back to actually go about my daily chores. Now I am not stupid, this could well be cause its winter and whatever my illness, it maybe more active during heat of summer. But I plan on continuing with Benebiotic to see. Still worth it if its just helping with digestion.

Oh by way they are having sale on their website. Basically you can buy single bottle for the discount they were giving for buying 4 at a time. Maybe help somebody reading this especially if you are ordering more than one bottle.

To those having gas problem with Benebiotic, they do say to take this on empty stomach one and half hour before eating anything. Maybe helps? I havent had problem either way. At least nothing to complain compared to after two courses of antibiotic. Those antibiotics simply nuked my digestive system and nothing was digesting properly so literally constant gas problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Reviews, November 29, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than yogurt in every way., January 20, 2013
I've been using Benebiotics for almost a year now, one capsule every day, and I really couldn't be happier with them. Each capsule is, essentially, a cup of yogurt, only so much better:

-Quality yogurt cups cost a minimum of $2.00 each (cheaper than that is only junk like Dannon and Yoplait, which is basically just candy with a few bacteria in it). One cup of good yogurt per day will run you $14 per week. One bottle of Benebiotics will run you $20 for TWO MONTHS.

-Quality yogurt brands typically have between 4 and 7 different strains of good bacteria. Benebiotics has 18.

-Yogurt expires after about a week - maybe two if you get it fresh. Benebiotics "best if used by" date is two years from the date it is packaged.

-Yogurt cups generate a lot of waste, and unless you take the time to rinse them well, they stink up your home/office quickly. No such issue with Benebiotics.

-Yogurt cups take up valuable refrigerator space. Benebiotics happily sits on your counter top or in your nightstand drawer, taking up virtually no space.

-A lot of people don't like the taste of yogurt or kefir, but want the benefits they provide. Problem solved.

-People who are dieting may be averse to the fact that yogurt is rather high in calories (quality yogurt is high in fat, and cheap yogurt is high in sugar). Benebiotics: zero calories.

-Yogurt typically has no fiber in it. Benebiotics has 667mg of inulin (natural soluble fiber) per capsule.

Now, on the note of inulin. Some people do react negatively to it, especially until they adjust to it. If you start taking Benebiotics, and you find yourself very gassy and bloated, that's because your gut is full of old toxic junk that the bacteria are cleaning up and getting rid of. Once your system is running smoothly again and that old junk is gone, you'll find the gas issues will typically cease as well. As many others have stated, if gas seems to be an issue for you, take your daily capsule on and empty stomach right before bed (that's what I do). That way, the bacteria can do their work along with the inulin without you throwing a bunch of food on top of them and causing them to generate extra gas.

I have recommended Benebiotics to my friends and family, and those who have tried them have all been greatly pleased and given me many thanks for the recommendation.

***UPDATE 2/11/2013
I just received my latest batch of benebiotics, and it seems that they have slightly changed the recipe in three ways. First, they quadrupled one of the bacterial strains in the formula. Second, they added two NEW strains of bacteria as well. Third, and most importantly, they have REMOVED INULIN from the formula. I'm guessing that they may have received enough complaints about gassiness or bloating that they've decided to stop adding it. Personally, I really liked the inulin, but it's no big deal for someone like me, as it can be bought separately. Overall, these three changes are probably much for the better of the product. More bacteria is a real bonus, and the loss of inulin will probably make more people happy than sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Mom, April 28, 2013
Bought this stuff for my elderly mother as she ended up with c-diff from a hospital stay.Searched through many and this product had the highest numbers of strains and thats what we need to get her system back to normal. Have bought more and am thinking of keeping her on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 25, 2012
Not to be too TMI but this product completely changed my bathroom routine. I always felt constipated, bloated, and just not normal in my bathroom cycles. Before this product, I went to the bathroom maybe 2-3 times in 1 week! Now I go just about every day and have so much more energy and all of the problems listed above are now gone. I am buying another bottle after I write this review. This product will be part of my routine for a very long time. THANK YOU!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many side effects without observable benefits, January 24, 2012
Presumably, buyers want to solve a problem or are curious what a probiotic can do. This is a good one to try because it has a little bit of everything. But, is there enough of what is needed or is any of it needed? The only way to find out is by experimenting for 90-days, taking one capsule a day

After experiencing gas, then double the number of normal bathroom visits, then "wet" gas, then indigestion/heartburn, then looser-than-normal you-know-what, I stopped the experiment after 50-days. The side effects went away in 2-weeks. Interestingly, they disappeared one-by-one in the reverse order in which they appeared.

Try Culturelle as an alternative.

FYI, probiotic evaluations on a "Kaiser Center" website are bogus as Kaiser has denied any connection with such a Center. The website has since been renamed to ProbioticsReviewed.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasantly surprised!, October 2, 2013
For many years, I've had IBS (diagnosed by exclusion) as part of an autoimmune complex including 6 separate conditions. Several years ago, in a fit of desperation, I tried lactobacillus and didn't notice much change. As my condition worsened, I began searching the internet again and stumbled on Benebiotics.

I chose it because of the purported benefits of Bifidobacterium Infantis for IBS. I was, to say the least, skeptical, but both my rheumatologist and gastroenterologist said at the worst it couldn't hurt anything except my pocketbook and my rheumatologist thought it might be very helpful given the destructive effect of meds on the GI tract.

I used Benebiotics for about 2 years and noticed definite improvement over the course of time. Naturally, I can't in fact attribute the changes to Benebiotics as I have no way to control for other factors and I chose not test it by going on and off, given the time it takes to establish itself and show benefits. I decided that whether the difference was coincidental, placebo effect or real, it was worth it to have my pain and other discomforts so much diminished.

When Benebiotics changed to Nexabiotics and upped the number of bacilli I thought it was absolutely ridiculous and that a billion or so bacilli more or less couldn't really make that much difference. My hope was that I would at least not go back to square one. I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least.

I've introduced Nexabiotics gradually over the course of about 6 weeks, alternating Benebiotics with Nexabiotics on a nightly basis. I find it difficult to believe but I'm actually doing better than I was with a number of symptoms. My diet has not changed. My stress level has been higher than normal. My GI tract seems to be doing better than it has in 10 or 12 years. It's not a cure but something has affected my symptoms and that's the only change in intake to which I can point and my meds haven't changed.

Can I absolutely attribute the difference to Nexabiotics? Nope. That would need long-term controlled studies by an independent source and that ain't gonna happen. Would I recommend that people try it? Absolutely, if you can afford it.

My one caveat would be that you follow the directions. Because of a highly sensitive GI system that's constantly blasted with drugs for RA and SLE, I started Benebiotics with half a capsule every other night *without food* as directed. I slowly increased up to a whole capsule a day. I had no problems at all. When I introduced Nexabiotic, again I was cautious and alternated the Benebiotics I know I can tolerate with the new higher dosage. At first, I actually used the Nexabiotics every second day. Again, no problems.

The difference, whatever its source, has been particularly noticeable in the last couple of weeks, about 6 weeks after I introduced Nexabiotics. It's amazing not to be in constant pain in at least one area of my body. Oddly enough, I'm also showing fewer SLE lesions. I have no idea whether there's any relationship, but it's a nice change.

The bottom line is that while my experience doesn't prove anything about the efficacy of Nexabiotics, at least it's a very impressive coincidence and one I'm willing to bank on. I decided it was worth posting so that others can decide for themselves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Company is hiding the fact that the formulation is dramatically different than the previous 20-strain version, December 8, 2013
There has been a dramatic change in formula since I last purchased this a few months ago. The previous version had 20 strains, and this one has 19, but it seems that it wasn't just one strain that was removed. Many strains were removed, and many new strains were added. The proportions have also changed.

Strains removed: L. Fermentum, L. Brevis, L. Paracasei, L. Lactis, B. Infantis (which I've read is particularly helpful for IBS), Bacilius Coagulans, Pediococcus acidilacti.
New strains added: L. Delbrueckii LE, L. Rhamnosus LB3, L. Plantarum LM, B. Animalis Lactis, Bifidobacterium Coagulans, Bifidobacterium subtilis (which I looked up and it doesn't even exist. I think the company meant Bacilius subtilis. I'm not sure I can trust a supplement that can't even get the name of one of its main ingredients right, especially since it's not even just a simple typo. This makes me doubt if some of the other strains actually exist.)

I've tried to find more information about this change, but couldn't find anything, not even on the company's website. With about a third of the strains swapped out, it's a really different set of probiotic strains. I wonder why it doesn't have a different name. And I wonder why the formula completely changed. Is this new one more effective? Were there complaints about the old one? Why is there no mention anywhere in the description or on the company's website about this, considering that it's quite a dramatic change? Why is the old one discontinued and replaced by this new one, rather than both being offered as different products? Has anyone inquired into this change and received a response from the company? There's something not quite right about this. Usually when a product undergoes major change, the company announces it or introduces it as a new/improved product, but it seems like this company doesn't want consumers to notice this change. The website contains no mention whatsoever of the ingredients contained in the older version, or any mention that there even existed an older version. It's like the company is pretending the new version has always existed. The label on my previous bottle is the only record I have of the old ingredients.

Considering that many of the reviews here are older, and say that they've used this product for years, I'll bet most of the reviews are about the older version. That gives me no assurance that the new version is effective or safe. And it seems wrong (maybe even illegal?) that the company didn't disclose a change as big as this. Also, the fact that there are fake reviewers also seems like a bad faith business practice. I would recommend demanding answers from the company before purchasing this.

1.0 out of 5 stars We switched back to VSL, February 20, 2012
kalyson (Madison, SD, USA) - See all my reviews
We wanted to try this product because it cost less than VSL. There were three of us using VSL -- two of us have serious IBS issues.

We hesitated to buy the product due to the fake web sites touting this product as the best probiotic in its class, as well as the fake reviews posted by the company. They made up the name "Kaiser Center for Probiotic Research" which has NO relation to the medical establishment "Kaiser Permanente" and no relation to the research division belonging to Kaiser. (People do not realize this, apparently. It is a great marketing strategy, but one wonders whether Kaiser has a case to question the hijacking of their name.)

In fact, the so-called 'Kaiser Center for Probiotic Research' is not really a research center at all -- there is no such 'research' entity and they don't have a center. It actually is just a web site that has been paid for by the companies that sell probiotics -- most likely the Benebiotics people. There are a number of web sites that refer back to this same site all probably belonging to the same people.

We tried the product anyway. This resulted in a return of ALL severe symptoms for the two of us with IBS, and created gas and bloating in all of us.

We are going back to VSL, which worked quite well.

5.0 out of 5 stars we love this product, April 24, 2012
I got this for my 10-yr-old son, who has Lyme disease. My boy has been on several antibiotics and I have been concerned about the health of his gut. He eats kefir regularly, but we hoped that probiotics would allow us to minimize stomach pain and diarhea. Benebiotics is the most complete product we have found. It seems to help more than others we have tried. My son feels better on it and is now experiencing NO stomach pain, despite his long-term antibiotic use. I highly recommend this product.

I would like to add that if you have a child who cannot swallow capsules, this is a gel cap that could conceivably be opened and contents added to food. The effectiveness of the probiotics might be impacted due to unprotected passage through the stomach, but at least it gives options to those of us who have younger children. We can only try our best to help our kids heal.

Rate and Discover Movies