Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on January 29, 2013
I don't know what everyone else was talking about; yes it doesn't come with a manual or any instructions but do you really need them with a case that's two pieces, and has 4 very evident clips at the bottom? The RPi snaps into the base securely, and the other piece snaps over on top. Good quality, nice material, if they had some lexan light guides to seal the hole over the LEDs and to bring them up to the surface to give them better display, that'd be nice as far as operation conditions go, and extra polish. Only thing I didn't like at all about this case (which is why it gets only 4 stars), is that it has no slot or any way to access the GPIO port once it's closed. Nothing a quick wet dremel can't fix but still...should have some foresight as to what the hardware is being used for...otherwise, a great case, the mounting keys are a nice plus, so are the rubberised feet.
on April 16, 2013
using this for my Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2.0

case fits very well and protects my precious Pi.
looks nice, even impressive.

the GPIO (general purpose input/output) port is inaccessible when the case is closed.
that's not a problem for me at this time.

to open the case, look for the clips on the bottom.
i found it a little tricky at first, but not a real problem.
on March 28, 2013
Not really much to say. It works as advertised, safely holding the Raspberry Pi and most importantly, providing some support for the SD Card. Like all these cases, it's overpriced by a lot for a 25 cent piece of injection molded plastic.
VINE VOICEon May 24, 2013
I bought this case from another online retailer. It is about half the price here, but shipping is extra, so unless you're buying lots of stuff, it's a wash.

Case is well made, everything aligns properly. The board does move slightly when I push in the micro USB, but not significantly enough to cause any problem. I wish it has light guides. The opening for the Raspberry Pi LEDs is just that - an opening. You need to peer in directly down the opening to see the LED. The smooth ABS surface does pick up tiny scratches easily, but then again I do carry it around in my backpack.

The case is not easy to open, and there's no opening for the GPIO or camera cable. Not the ideal case for someone who wants to play with hardware.

There are two slots below for mounting it on the wall - the type where you fix the screws to the wall and slide this one over the screws. There's also 4 silicone feet to prevent it from sliding around on a smooth table top.

The SD slot is too thin for the Adafruit microSD adapter, but 5 minutes with a small file fixed that. I'll upload a photo to show this. Why use the microSD adapter? Mainly so that the SD card will not stick out.

It's not the best looking case but it is a functional one as long as you don't need openings for the GPIO and / or camera (or if you're prepared to mod the case). Wish it is less expensive though.
review image
on March 1, 2014
This is a great little case. It looks well made, has openings for all the connection points, and looks sturdy and protective. The only problem is that every once in awhile these don't seem fit the raspberry pi board. Many of the other reviews stated that it fit perfectly, but a few of them stated that it didn't fit. That is the case with mine. The bottom piece would not hold the board, the problem being the small tabs that are supposed to snap it into place. I put even a fair amount of pressure on it(as much as I was willing to risk without breaking the board), and it still wouldn't fit. I still like the case, however, and so instead of returning it I took a razor blade and shaved off some of the plastic on the tabs, which made it fit great.

Also, as a sidenote, I realized too late that this case does not have an optional opening for a camera connection for the pi cam. This is not a real issue as it is my fault for not double checking before purchasing, but it would be a nice feature for future models.

To summarize, it's a great little case, but just be aware that every so often they don't fit they way they should.
on January 22, 2013
First off, this case is sturdy, fits perfect when it comes to alignment of jacks and ports, has a wall mount option on the back, and also 4 rubber feet that makes it not move around real easily on surfaces. All these make it worthwhile. My only complaint, was there was not instructions with it, and when I opened it it was sealed up, and I had to pry and almost force certain areas to open it. I was really worried I was going to break it as I pryed it apart. But I managed to figure it out and get it without and breakage. Initially installing the pi into the housing was not smooth, it would seem to never quite close correctly to have the micro USB port aligned just right. Finally after some trial and error I was able to get the Pi board mounted securely on the base of the case and it snapped right in. It's fairly tough to open back up and remove, but not terrible. Other then the lack of directions and lack of ease to open and close its a good case.
on December 21, 2013
This is a great Case for the raspberry Pi! The design is well thought out. The case seems taller than most, so you can use oversize heat-sinks and have room for a cable for the GPIO. also nice is the fact that the PI snaps into the base and the cover slips over the top of the ports so you can use just the base alone to hold the Raspberry PI if you are experimenting with the GPIO. The case also has molded screw slots in the base to secure it to a wall, desk, or any other surface.

The 1 complaint I have is the cover seems to snap on real hard and it is a little difficult to remove. other than that minor issue, it's a high quality case for the Raspberry Pi.

As an experimenter, I would like to see a case similar to this, but double the size to incorporate another circuit board such as the Pi Supply or something similar, but overall a great case to Bake a Pi in!!

Dudester
on June 30, 2014
It's a nice, solid enclosure for the RPi. Everything fit good and snug, though it can be a little challenging to pry at the clips to open it back up if you need to. There are clips to hold the board in place as well, so everything sits nice and firm. There wasn't a cutout or punchout for the GPIO header or a ribbon, but since I was using this for an XBMC box, I really didn't need it. The little sticky feet come in a sheet inside the case.

Overall, I liked the look, weight, and feel of this case, and I'm pleased with it. Besides the GPIO thing, I also wish that there were some way the status lights could reach the top of the unit. Not a big deal, but worth around abouts half a star each. I would still recommend this case.
on April 13, 2013
This is a really cool case. I bought a bunch of different ones, but this one turned out the best. We wanted to install a RP at a customer site, and all the other cases were full of holes and didn't look professional. The only thing that would be better is if this case would work with the Half size SD cards that are available for the RP. I bought a bunch of them, and when they arrived, I couldn't mount the case with the half size SD. Customer had to get a device with an SD card sticking out the back. If a newer model was available with a little extra clearance in the plastic, this would be the only case to go for the RP. Great job with it!
on February 20, 2013
If you're setting these RPi's up in any sort of business environment then this is one of the better cases. It's not hot pink, see-through, nor does it have alien or skull logos.

PRO's:
--Easy to install the RPi board--just drop it right in.
--Top and bottom of case pop together and stay that way.
--Fairly inexpensive.

CON's:
--Wish there were some plastic channel/fibre extenders for the on-board LED's to be seen more clearly, but not a big deal.