Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 29, 2012
This item is much larger than the picture shows and does nothing but frustrate and waste veggies. Do not purchase. A true disappointment. I bought 7 of them thinking they were a brilliant gift. I had tried a friends and obviously this brand that was not named on the description is total junk.
33 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
I didn't read the reviews before I bought this product. The does indeed make long strands of of vegetables. The downside is you have to chop the vegetable down so you can fit it in the device. No big deal except that the slicer cannot process about 1/2 inch of the produce. So for a standard carrot I had to cut it into 4 sections. That would have been 2 inches of wasted carrot but it was so much more. The slicer cannot slice the narrow section of the carrot either. I ended up with 4-1/2" of unsliced carrot.
on January 5, 2013
My husband actually asked if I could rate this as a negative star. Not only did it waste a ton of veggies, but seemingly broke when we tried to clean it. I thought this was such a brilliant holiday gift, and was so excited to give it to my foodie husband, but now I get the lame-o crap gift award. It is obviously an off brand imported from somewhere without proofreading: Spiral design science, operations are very labor-saving machine. It may be labor saving because it doesn't work, but now we're just amused at how creatively I just blew $5.
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2013
This thing is a complete waste of time and money. My first attempt to use it, the cucumber spiraled for about 1/4 inch, but instead of cutting into strands (like shown in the video), it just was spirals with small indentions (hard to describe). But then, it stopped spiraling. I continued to screw it down, which just smooshed the cucumber.

2nd attempt was a carrot. The carrot managed to wedge itself between the blade and the plastic, and apparently broke it altogether. I emailed the company I bought it from (dealfind), and they said contact the manufacturer (so much for satisfaction guarantee!). Contacted the manufacturer, and they pointed me to a how-to video, basically saying I was too stupid to figure out how to turn a vegetable. Last attempt was today, tried the other attachment (the non-broken one) with another cucumber. It would not work, as there is a space between the blade anthe outside wall that the cucumber got stuck in.

that's it, Im done, in the trash it goes.
on February 13, 2013
This product is not worth the few dollars it costs. The veggies get mashed vs. cut ......heading to the trash can...
on February 6, 2013
It works, but sometimes it just spins and crushes the vegetable. It works when the vegetable is the perfect size.
on March 1, 2013
I thought this looked like a cute kitchen item but it simply doesn't work. Save your money up for something functional.
on March 2, 2013
I don't want to give this item even one star. It made my hands twisted, not the vegetable... If you want to slice fruit or vegetable, I will not recommend this item to you to waste your time and energy.
on April 6, 2013
This broke when I used it the 1st time. I couldn't get it to even cut the carrot. I wish I had read the reviews 1st. Don't waste your money. Since this site won't let you post unless you give it a star, just know that it isn't worth even 1 star.
on February 19, 2013
doesn't work. At all. Especially bad for softer veggies like zucchini but really terrible for carrots and other hard veggies. Nothing fits into tube...it all must be pre-cut..