Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 15, 2012 1:54:25 PM PDT
KoedyB says:
What do you guys expect the multiplayer to be like in Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal HD?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 1:43:38 PM PDT
JJL says:
Not having played the original trilogy, I look forward to finding out.

I read on IGN that the trilogy will actually be in 1080p, not 720. I am kinda of disappointed that it doesn't include Deadlocked of the PSP games.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 5:51:55 PM PDT
KoedyB says:
It's in 1080 unless you're playing in the 3D.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 7:52:00 PM PDT
MegaXtreme says:
I've been waiting for this for a while. I have all three on my PS2, but I'd love to play them all over again in 3D with Trophies. I don't expect the original to have aged well, considering it was rusty when I first played it only two years after it came out, but I played the hell out of Up Your Arsenal, and I still regard Going Commando as the finest in the series, IMO. This'll be a day one purchase for sure.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 11:09:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 11:12:54 AM PDT
Morris Levy says:
I can't wait for this collection; I was very pleased to hear this on Raptr, then read it from the Official PS Blog today. Super excited that this is being remastered, but again (ditto) disappointed that a few titles are missing (Ratchet: Deadlocked, and Secret Agent Clank). These are both phenomenal 1st party titles from Sony, and they deserve justice. I'm quite surprised they will be in 1080p -- most of the titles for PS3 have been 720p at maximum, and rarely is a game made for 1080i even.

Frankly, I couldn't care less about 3D -- it's too new, messes with your head, not a standardized medium, and no one has a 3D HDTV yet really, except for rich snobs... (no offense to the above commenters).

Also, regarding multiplayer, I would expect the games to be dumb party games like what is featured on The Sly Collection -- dumb minigame party games for the Move controllers, as a dumb gimmick. So stupid -- but very easy trophies.

PSN: morrislevy

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 11:09:35 PM PDT
I can't wait guys. A little upset about deadlocked (just like Jak X with that collection) but words cannot describe my excitement for this collection. Day one for sure, and a big thank you to whoever is remaking it. I know it's not Insomniac. I'm very grateful for the people who put time and effort into preserving the classics like the R&C, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, and God of War games. Thanks a bunch you guys!

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 11:52:11 AM PDT
J. Genck says:
Personally can't wait to try the multiplayer. I had tried it years ago but it was near dead and only the great players were left.

Posted on Mar 20, 2012 7:10:23 PM PDT
I haven't read all the posts but Up Your Arsenals multiplayer was by FAR the game that I played most on ps2 online and offline. It was up to 8 players, around 4 vehicles at once on a map, very fast-paced, can be reliant on teams or ones own strength, very addictive, and STRONG. When I say strong I mean I had no issue with this game. The glitches in it are mostly for fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2012 7:11:53 PM PDT
I think they're going to put Deadlocked up for download on PSN. I believe they only left it out of the collection because they could only put in 3 games and maintain the $40 cost for collections.

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 9:35:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2012 9:36:55 AM PDT
YO says:
I have a 3d TV and I'm not a "rich snob." What a stupid stereotype..... Any way I can't wait to play these in 3D as for the MP I am not sure if it will change because it will be a simple upscale graphic-wise. I havn't heard anything new. I am just glad these are being re-released. I bought them all at the 50$ price tag when I was just a kid mowing lawns lol. So it will be worth every dollar here, certainly my favorite series.

Posted on May 2, 2012 9:31:07 PM PDT
Wouldn't hold my breath on any extra "Side Games" the collections are about the main games not spin offs. And anyone that has ever bought a collection before knows that they will most likely NOT support multiplayer functionality at all. These aren't about MP they are about the main story. Same with every other collection. Those pathetic mini games in the Sly collection were just that mini games to throw in some move functionality. Not sure why people think a collection should include every game in a series thats been made when they are about the main story trilogy. No Jak X in the J&D collection for that reason, no secret agent clank or deadlocked because again they are spin-offs just the main collection

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012 10:30:10 AM PDT
D. Frey says:
Looking forward to this! Some of you need to read this post: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/15/the-ratchet-clank-collection-going-1080p-on-ps3-multiplayer-included/ as it describes the features that will be included in this collection - the multiplayer version of Up Your Arsenal will be included. The fact that the release date appears to have been pushed back another month makes me a bit sad, but I've waited several years for this so I can wait another month.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:06:32 PM PDT
No they didn't put in deadlocked because it was not part of the main series....Just like Jak and Daxter and every other collection on the planet.....They put the main series games not the spinn-offs or the Kart games or handheld games....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 9:37:22 AM PDT
S. Ausdahl says:
3D isn't that bad. If it messes with your head I would say that must be an issue with your eyes or something. As for not being a standard medium and 3D TVs only being for rich snobs... Not so true, atm I am a poor college student working as a custodian, but I got a Like New 42" 3DTV for less than $450. They're getting cheaper man... lol I love 3D, my dad is like you, he says it hurts his eyes, but you just need to get used to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 5:32:29 AM PDT
MELLONcholly says:
Thats what i used to love about ratchet and clank. no multiplayer so they had to come up with a hellish campaign. used to spend hours sitting there playing this. I expect to do the same when it comes in the mail ;)

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 11:18:43 AM PDT
Jeff Nick says:
I'm lower than middle class and have 2 3D tv's (42", 51") both of which came with my sofas/beds. I like 3D, but I can see why some people would find it annoying to have the glasses on for a long period of time. Anyway, I used to play these games when I was a kid-preteen and I can't wait for my copy. :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Mar 15, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Ratchet & Clank Collection by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars (385)