Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Size: 1-Pack|Change

on September 10, 2008
I ordered this product for my in-laws to put under a booster seat they purchased for my son for when he visits. When they opened the seat protector, the black dye from top layer had bled onto the beige backing which is to be placed against the car's upholstery. We sent digital pictures of the problem directly to Munchkin's customer service dept. The problem was very easily visible in the photos but they requested that we return it so their Product Development Dept. could view the defect. Being a good citizen, I sent the seat protector back immedaitely and asked them to reimburse me for the postage. I got an e-mail from the customer service rep. telling me it's their policy not to issue a refund but, instead, they would send me an age appropriate toy for my child. The cheapest shipping had been more than half the price of the product. I couldn't believe it! After a few more e-mails eventually the customer service representative said a reimbursement for me had been approved by her supervisor but that was almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't received it.

After about 2 weeks, my in-laws finally received a replacement protector that had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!! The customer service rep. assured us that the product had been inspected by their warehouse. The whole situation has honestly been a complete mess.

Please be aware of this problem and think twice about ordering this product espcially if you have light colored covering on your rear seats.
1212 comments|361 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2009
I bought this with the expectation that it would protect my leather seats. My leather backseats (light gray leather is not a good color) ended up discolored by the mat on this product.

Fortunately, it did protect from other markings and scratches and I was able to clean my seats well enough. If you have cloth backseats, this would be an ideal solution for protection, but I think overall this product and others like it might be overrated.
22 comments|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2012
I bought these for a brand new 2012 Accord with tan leather. They have been in it for a week. I pulled them out and there is a big dye stain on my new seat. I tried leather cleaner and it will not come off. I chose to ignore the other reviews talking about leaking dye. I suggest you look at other brands.
on August 5, 2011
This product bleeds dye!! Please save yourself the hassle and dont consider this seat protector if you have light colored seats. I had read one or two reviews that mentioned this but figured I would give it a try anyway and now I have 2 cars with black marks on tan leather.
on November 10, 2014
WARNING! I had this, "had" being the operative word, but then I attended a car seat installation class for work. It was a three hour class that detailed how to transport children safely. The instructor has taught the class, and teaches other instructors, so I fully trust what he says. He said, in a crash car seat manufacturers would not stand behind their seats if an accessory was used that they did not include with the car seat and or manufacture. This means, if you use this seat protector and are in a crash, you are on your own! The reason is, car seat manufacturers crash test only their seats, they do not include accessories in their tests so they have no way to know how their seat will perform with accessories. If you don't believe me check call the manufacturer of your car seat.
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We've had one of these installed on one seat for a few years and the condition of the seat without the seat protector versus the one with the seat protector is obvious. This works.

There are two drawbacks, however:
1) the protector doesn't go high enough up the back. There is still lots of wear on the seat back because of the lack of protection there. This is the biggest disadvantage for me.
2) it makes the seat slipperier. Tight installation of the carseat is more difficult to achieve, although that may be less problematic with newer carseat latch system. I do have the best method for tightening those seats that still use straps for installation. If you have the captain style chairs, install the seat tightly with the chair reclined and then push that seat back up as far as possible and your carseat will not budge, not even a millimeter; and the slipperiness of the seat protector is moot.
on November 18, 2007
I bought 2 for my car when I popped out the seats and saw the damage the carseats were doing to the leather. Hubby thought I was crazy until he bought a new car and noticed the same issue with his seats...buying two more for his car.
Highly recommended if you want to keep the value of your car.
on March 2, 2016
These protect my leather seats fantastically. I love the little flap in the front to store small items. I have this behind the driver seat and it fits perfectly. However, if you plan on using this in the middle seat in the back it may not work if you plan on using the pockets in the front. They hang down about 6+ inches and if you have the "hump" in the middle seat, where a middle rider would normally have to straddle, the pockets wont have enough room to hang down in front to be useful. Keep that in mind depending on where in your vehicle you're hoping to use the seat protector. I am very happy with this purchase and the price for the amount of protection it provides.
on February 9, 2014
Putting this under your carseat for your child, will save your car interior quite a bit of damage. If you have ever taken out a child car seat from your car, you'll find TONS of food particles, and lost snacks. Things like puffs, yogurt melts, M&M's, crackers, etc... Kids tend to drop pieces, and usually we find them when we pull the car seat out to clean it. By then, it has been ground into the car interior and can leave stains, or crumbs that are a pain. This item will keep the crumbs and bits from getting to your interior allowing for easier clean up.

To install, you simply put the tab between the vertical and horizontal cushions of your seat. It will still allow you to access the hook points for the car seat without any trouble.

The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is the front pocket is effectively useless for any child whose feet dangle down. We tried putting things in the pockets, and our son kicked his feet and crushed the snacks we had placed there. I would have preferred that they either did not put the pockets there, or maybe make them hang lower. This is a pretty minor issue, and I still really like the cover.

If you ever take your carseat to an inspection point (our local hospital has these in the community a couple times a year), they will tell you that they don't recommend any third party piece, and I understand their concern, but I don't see any added risk by having it there. Nobody there could explain why this would add a risk for my son, they just said it was their policy. The key for me, is that the car seat doesn't move, and with this installed, the seat doesn't move.

Overall, a good investment for me. I like it, and I think it would be a great baby shower gift.
on January 6, 2008
I am impressed with the quality/thickness of this product. However, it is not bulky. Great item for price! I bought this to stop the "drips" from wet shoes that get all over the front of the seat and floor. It is PERFECT for that!! Easy to install, Easy to clean!