4.0 out of 5 stars Works, with some caveats
We've had one of these installed on one seat for a few years and the condition of the seat without the seat protector versus the one with the seat protector is obvious. This works.

There are two drawbacks, however:
Published on October 10, 2009 by Noname

1.0 out of 5 stars Dye Problem - Beware!
Published on September 10, 2008 by M. Henriquez

1.0 out of 5 stars Dye Problem - Beware!, September 10, 2008
M. Henriquez (Macungie, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
I ordered this product for my in-laws to put under a booster seat they purchased for my son for when he visits. When they opened the seat protector, the black dye from top layer had bled onto the beige backing which is to be placed against the car's upholstery. We sent digital pictures of the problem directly to Munchkin's customer service dept. The problem was very easily visible in the photos but they requested that we return it so their Product Development Dept. could view the defect. Being a good citizen, I sent the seat protector back immedaitely and asked them to reimburse me for the postage. I got an e-mail from the customer service rep. telling me it's their policy not to issue a refund but, instead, they would send me an age appropriate toy for my child. The cheapest shipping had been more than half the price of the product. I couldn't believe it! After a few more e-mails eventually the customer service representative said a reimbursement for me had been approved by her supervisor but that was almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't received it.

After about 2 weeks, my in-laws finally received a replacement protector that had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!! The customer service rep. assured us that the product had been inspected by their warehouse. The whole situation has honestly been a complete mess.

Please be aware of this problem and think twice about ordering this product espcially if you have light colored covering on your rear seats.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh...it's okay..., January 26, 2009
Mark Zeller (Towson, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
I bought this with the expectation that it would protect my leather seats. My leather backseats (light gray leather is not a good color) ended up discolored by the mat on this product.

Fortunately, it did protect from other markings and scratches and I was able to clean my seats well enough. If you have cloth backseats, this would be an ideal solution for protection, but I think overall this product and others like it might be overrated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, with some caveats, October 10, 2009

There are two drawbacks, however:
1) the protector doesn't go high enough up the back. There is still lots of wear on the seat back because of the lack of protection there. This is the biggest disadvantage for me.
2) it makes the seat slipperier. Tight installation of the carseat is more difficult to achieve, although that may be less problematic with newer carseat latch system. I do have the best method for tightening those seats that still use straps for installation. If you have the captain style chairs, install the seat tightly with the chair reclined and then push that seat back up as far as possible and your carseat will not budge, not even a millimeter; and the slipperiness of the seat protector is moot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, January 6, 2008
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
I am impressed with the quality/thickness of this product. However, it is not bulky. Great item for price! I bought this to stop the "drips" from wet shoes that get all over the front of the seat and floor. It is PERFECT for that!! Easy to install, Easy to clean!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Leather in good shape, November 18, 2007
leslie "Leslie" (issaquah, wa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
I bought 2 for my car when I popped out the seats and saw the damage the carseats were doing to the leather. Hubby thought I was crazy until he bought a new car and noticed the same issue with his seats...buying two more for his car.
Highly recommended if you want to keep the value of your car.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, December 1, 2008
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
It is a good product, nicely made but after using it only for a couple of weeks, I uninstalled my son's car seat and I noticed that it doesn't protect completely the leather from my back seat. What I found is a couple of dents from the pressure made by the car seat I thought they would come to normality if I gave it some time for the foam to react, but no it didn't. You want protection for your car? put a peace of card board underneath the car seat.

4.0 out of 5 stars I just wish it were wider., February 17, 2009
Holly (Portsmouth, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
This appears to be a durable product and does a fine job of protecting my car's seat from the booster itself. However, I wish it were wider so as to cover more of the car's seat to protect the upholstery from little feet as well, since my child uses the outside edge of the car's seat to climb up into his booster.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid - dye leaks on to seats, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
I bought these for a brand new 2012 Accord with tan leather. They have been in it for a week. I pulled them out and there is a big dye stain on my new seat. I tried leather cleaner and it will not come off. I chose to ignore the other reviews talking about leaking dye. I suggest you look at other brands.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware if you have light leather seats!!!!, August 5, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
This product bleeds dye!! Please save yourself the hassle and dont consider this seat protector if you have light colored seats. I had read one or two reviews that mentioned this but figured I would give it a try anyway and now I have 2 cars with black marks on tan leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seat protection, May 21, 2008
Puck (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Auto Seat Protector (Baby Product)
Not much to say but I wish I had bought this much earlier. Its nice and heavy and helps to prevent the dent in the seat effect from the hard plastic bottom of your baby seat. Also it has a rear flap that goes up so crumbs and liquids don't go right into the space under your seat. Nice product.

ARRAY(0xac2ef1ec)