4.0 out of 5 stars Not for temp control but perfect for safety anyway.
Published on May 27, 2010 by D. M. McElhinney

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a toy...
This is more of a toy than a safety measure in my house. It doesn't seem reliable or trustworthy. It worked the first couple of times I used it but the letters "H O T" soon lost their sensitivity to heat and ever since then we have kept it strictly as a bath toy.
Published on January 24, 2009 by S. J. Gallardo

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for temp control but perfect for safety anyway., May 27, 2010
This review is from: Munchkin Ducky Hot Super Safety Bath, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
While I definitely agree that these duckies are not accurate for determining the temperature of your little one's bath water (I use a digital thermometer that is made for the bath), these duckies are perfect for those who are searching for tub toys that do not allow for the growth of mold. I bought 4 of these when my daughter was born 4 years ago because the characters were fun and she loved ducks. I just bought 4 more at Target when I saw a tv news segment on the growth of mold in bath squirters. It does not matter how much you try to remove all the water in the squirters, it will never completely dry out inside since the opening to the inside is so tiny. When I saw that tv segment, I cut open a few of the squirters and there was definitely black mold inside of them. I even bleached my toys every so often and still found mold inside of them. Needless to say, they all went into the trash and I went out and got more of these. These are one of the few tub toys available that are safe and I would definitely buy more of these in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a toy..., January 24, 2009
My daughter has always loved to look at this floating in the bath with her and now that she can grasp items she wants, she loves to play with it, too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, February 12, 2010
I got this and no matter what temperature the water is, the word "HOT" shows up and doesn't go away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Style may vary, December 11, 2012
Time2HvFun (ELK GROVE, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I understand that color may vary but agree with other person that it shouldn't be a totally different style. These are cute and collectible ducks. I keep a few of them in my swimming pool and they hold up very well being in sun all day. The seller is super accommodating on any problems. I think that Amazon is the problem because they don't show the correct picture of what you are ordering. My duck shipped super fast. I still want the one with the surfboard and visor but they don't have it anymore. You may want to contact the seller to see what they are sending if a certain style is important to you to be sure that is what is being shipped. I would order from them again because like I said, they were very nice and helped with the mix up, shipped fast, and have great customer service.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the ducky I ordered, June 26, 2012
I understand the description said colors may vary, but not the whole style of the ducky. I ordered a girl ducky as a babyshower gift and got some boy sport ducky. If the pic for the product is geared toward girls it should be a girl ducky that I receive. I'm still giving her the one I got, but I was pretty dissapointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars good as bath toy, May 16, 2012
I bought this to help assist with bath time so that I would know if the water temp was right for baby. No matter how warm the water was the "hot" word always popped up. This is only good for a bath toy, there is another one available just like this that is digital and give the temp in numbers, i think that would be a better option.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work for Intended Purpose, August 11, 2011
Lea Ann (Small Town, IL USA) - See all my reviews
If you're buying this duck to tell you if the bath water is too hot for your baby, DON'T. It's definitely not an accurate tool for this purpose.

However, I do like this as a bath toy, mainly because there is no hole in the bottom. Bath toys with holes allow water inside, which eventually creates mold & mildew. (gross) Not so with this toy, so it should last longer than many of our other toys.

Please notice the "colors may vary" in the description. I ordered this duck for my son & received a mermaid duck. Oh well. He likes it, even if it is intended for a girl. It's the risk you take when ordering something like this online.

If you are looking for something to help you with water temperature, I have found that the Aquatopia Deluxe Safety Bath Thermometer Alarm, Green works REALLY well. It's also very inexpensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute & helpful!, March 29, 2014
Works well to help us get a temp that's just right. It's also a cute duck she can play with later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great duck for mom and child, January 21, 2014
My daughter gives these as baby shower gifts. They are just thed thing to protect baby from Too hot or too cold bath water. Plus the babes love the duck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bath toy, not really good for gauging temperature though., August 21, 2013
This is a fun toy, but I wouldn't really use it to gauge the temperature in the bath. I got the singing duck one, and my daughter loves to play with it.