Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Munchkin Extending Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate,...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 50% off the $69.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $20.59 shipping
Munchkin Extending Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate, White
- Fits openings 33.5"- 56" wide, 36" tall
- Six inches taller than most standard gates and extends up to 56" wide to accommodate wider spaces
- Quick-release, detachable gate is easily removed when you have company over
- Gate can be set to open in one direction only or in both directions
- Use EveryPlace® in the home - top of stairs, bottom of stairs, between rooms
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Munchkin Extending Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate is taller and wider than most gates so it will fit virtually anywhere in your home. This wall-mounted gate features a tilt mechanism that firmly fastens the gate while reducing damage to your walls. For convenience, the childproof handle is easy for adults to open, while the extra-wide gate can be set to swing open in only one or in both directions. When you're entertaining or need to remove the gate, it slides out easily.
This gate features a tilting hinge mechanism that reduces pressure on the wall to minimize damage. View larger.
Its swinging-door design allows you to use the entire width of the gate as a walkthrough. View larger.
Tilt Mechanism for Security
The Munchkin Extending Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate mounts quickly and securely. The tilt hinge mechanism helps absorb the strain placed on the wall mount whenever the gate is opened or closed, thereby minimizing damage to your walls. The handle opens easily for adults, but it's completely childproof. When you are entertaining or do not require use of the gate, the gate slides in and out easily.
Three Extensions to Accommodate Large Openings
This extra-wide gate can accommodate openings from 33 to 56 inches, so it's ideal for use virtually anywhere in your home. It swings open in both directions, or you can set it to open in only one direction for extra security at the top of the stairs.
It measures 36 inches high, making this gate an ideal choice if you have older toddlers or larger pets. You can also visit www.infantgates.com for easy-to-install instruction videos.
Extra-Wide Door Swings Open in Both Directions
A swinging door design allows you to access virtually the entire width of the gate as a walkthrough. The extra-wide door is ideal for heavy traffic areas. The gate swings open in both directions for convenience. Or, you can set it to open in only one direction for extra security at the top of the stairs.
Strong Steel Material
Made from strong steel material, the gate provides ultimate durability and strength. The clean white surface blends well with your home's easy, modern style.
The Munchkin Extending Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate is backed by a limited one-year warranty.
About Munchkin: Tops Among Caregivers
Munchkin, Inc. is dedicated to creating useful products that make parenting fun, easy, and enjoyable in our modern world. It stands behind a wide range of feeding, safety, and travel products for babies and toddlers. Appreciative parents and caregivers spread positive word-of-mouth about the Munchkin products that make life safer and easier for their little ones. Munchkin holds over 100 patents with many more pending, and has been given over 30 industry awards.
What's in the Box
Extending Extra Tall and Wide Metal Gate (White), accessory kit, and instruction manaul.
Top Customer Reviews
The first one was installed two years ago, so we have a proven track record of using them over the long-haul. We installed more over time as we learned how useful they are. These gates have held up well, but we have learned some things to pass along to other people considering these gates:
Although anyone can install one of these gates, it helps to be handy. I recommend using better quality screws. They need to be long enough to go all the way through the drywall and into the wood behind. These gates should never be installed with those cheesy plastic inserts that are supposed to work in drywall.
One of our openings was a couple inches wider than the gate is designed to fill. I ordered it anyway because I figured I could rig something to work. I used a 4-foot section of 2X4 on each wall to fill the gap. I used good quality kiln-dried wood, sanded it smooth, then painted it to match our interior paint scheme. It looks like it was designed for the gate and the gate fits the opening perfectly. I have attached pictures to the main page.
Some have complained about the difficulty of opening these gates. Although it "can" be an issue, it does not have to be. It all comes down to careful adjustment. Once the fit is properly adjusted, the gates open very easily with one hand. Since we walk through the gates all the time carrying an infant or toddler, ease of one-hand opening is a must for us.Read more ›
- Taller than most gates (again helping us from an avid climbing/curious toddler)
- Wide enough to span our large area at the top of our stairs
- *Sturdy - *A major caveat is that I had to get higher quality screws as the tiny little #6 screws they provide are too short and thin to be able to mount this into studs as others have mentioned (plus they would snap if using an impact driver). I upgraded to #8 2" screws and those mounts aren't going anywhere. The only mount that needed modification was the upper mount on the hinge side, as the #8 screw heads were too big to fit the recessed openings as is. A couple passes with the dremel and a sanding wheel opened them right up.
- Plenty of adjustment for installation - It provides enough adjustment where you can install the lower mounts over your baseboard and the upper against the drywall which saves having to install a filler block or some sort to match the baseboard on the uppers.
- Easy to use - Once you get used to the one handed opening and closing, it's a pretty smooth operation and swings freely. The pivoting hinge works nicely to get the gate in and out of the secure latch.
- No bottom bar to trip over. When it's open, it's open completely.
- While the shipping box looked to be in good shape, I had to bend back one or two of the vertical bars (luckily the welds didn't snap which actually made me a bit happy knowing it could take some toddler abuse).Read more ›
Also I'd like to add that the install is a bit tricky. Measuring just right so that the gate lines up is a bit difficult. However once it's measured it's easy to install. It does come with a template to make install easier, however the template was difficult to use with our staircase post.
OVERALL I like this gate. It blends well, seems sturdy and can swing both ways (if you're using over stairs you're supposed to use the "one way open" piece)
May add some pictures with notes later if people want them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
gate swings at full opening. most gates will have 2 end pieces with a swinging door in the middle. this is a full opening one piece unit.Published 6 days ago by Lyman Medeiros
The gate itself is sturdy enough but I have to admit after installing this gate twice which I will explain shorty, all the effort didn't pay off. Read morePublished 10 days ago by M. Justus
Love this brand gate. It fits well/is wide enough, and the latching mechanism is sturdy. Surprisingly, our stubborn boxer/pit bull mix (about 60ish pounds) who tests his limits... Read morePublished 16 days ago by Rachel
Works perfectly to keep the top of my stairs safe for my little one.Published 18 days ago by Travel_girl
Works great, easy to use for my handicap clients that needed to keep a dog from getting into the living room. Read morePublished 22 days ago by June M.
Wish they made extensions for this height of gate they are available for the lower height gates.Published 29 days ago by Karen Schaffer Meldrum
We have 3 large dogs that jump off of our porch frequently. So happy with this purchase, no more run away dogs!!!!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer