5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sling
Published on August 26, 2011 by MomATJ

1.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to use for newborns
I bought this sling and I cannot get my newborn in it in a way I can see him, that his face is out, or he doesn't look like he is being crushed. For me this did not work.
Published on July 14, 2011 by Kristy

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome sling, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
I love this sling and would highly recommend it. I began using it when my son was 1 month old (8-9 lbs). He was really fussy one day so I got it out and the minute I put him it in, he stopped crying and went to sleep. It does take some practice getting the baby in the sling so that he is comfortable and so that you can see his face....but I became a pro very quickly. If I was out of the house and it was nap time....I would just put him in the sling and he would go to sleep and sleep for 1-2 hours. It allowed me to go grocery shopping with my 3 little boys (one in the sling, two in the cart). I used it all the time until he was about 9 months old and was big enough to sit in the shopping cart. The cradle carry and facing out position were my two favorites. The side carry did not work for me because it put so much strain on my shoulder and neck muscles (b/c he was heavier by this time and over 9 months old) and I would get horrible headaches. So, I used it all the time until about 9 months. Well worth the money! All my friends and family members are getting one for their next babies after watching me use it all the time and see how much my son loved it....he was cozy and close to mommy and mommy had two free hands to deal with my two other boys! I wish I had had the sling with my first two boys!

Also...just a note on the 4 month vs newborn thing. I think most slings must say 4 months now b/c of the scare of suffocating that came up over the past 1-2 years with infants in slings. I was sceptical about using a sling b/c of this. However, when used with the proper precautions it is GREAT. You have to keep practicing the positioning so that you are confident that your baby is safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
I purchased this sling for my newborn baby. In the description is says it can be used for newborns-35lbs. This is NOT true. I received the sling today and on the package and instructions that come with the sling it says 4-24 months 18lbs-35lbs. Now I don't know of any newborn that weighs 18lbs!!! I'm pissed that there is misleading information about this product! I was really excited to get this sling and use it. Now I have to send it back!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to use for newborns, July 14, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Important to know how to use, August 29, 2011
TexasMom (Austin, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
I don't own this exact sling, but I have one similar (my friend makes them). I can't speak on the sizing, but it is important to keep your height, weight, AND bust in mind. You will be carrying this close to you, so if you have a large bust, you may need to size up. I love slings that have no adjustments. It is super easy to stash a sling like this in your diaper bag just in case you need it. I had twins, so I never got the opportunity to use a carrier of any kind until I had my son. He always wanted to be held, so the sling came in handy! I also had a Baby Bjorn, but he preferred to sleep in the sling (plus it was easier to stash in the diaper bag).

I wanted to just give a couple tips on how to use it because many of the moms who didn't like this sling were not using it correctly. What's important is that you get your baby in the sling correctly. Your baby goes in bottom first. Make sure you have the sling on correctly first with the wider curved part in the front where the baby goes. The sling should be folded in half so you have a pocket to put your baby in. You can put your baby facing in or out, in the middle or on your hip, or lying down if he/she is very young. I suggest even searching for a You Tube video or instructions with pictures (that's why I bought mine from my friend -- she showed me how) on how to get your baby in and out of your sling. If you feel you have the right size, but your baby is still hanging a bit low, flip the sling at your shoulder. That will tighten it up and bring your baby closer. If you can't get it tight enough, it is probably too big. You can use any sling with newborns. You just have to be careful and make sure the baby's face is not covered.

Slings aren't for every mom or every baby. If you really want to try one, though, I prefer the simple kind like this one. I'm just a simple person, plus I live in a hot climate, so the less fabric, the better! Some simple slings like this do have padding on the edge where the baby's legs will go over the edge when they are older. The price goes up, though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong description., January 21, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
I ordered this sling to carry my newborn, and on the package it says to use it from 4 months old or 18 lb. Very misleading.
I am 5'6 and 148 lb (normally around 130-135 lb) and S/M fits right. But it is not for newborns for sure (I tried with my son anyway, he was 2 weeks old and it looked painful for him to be inside, plus I couldn't see him at all-not safe).

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite sling, September 7, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
We bought this sling when my first child was just a week old and started using it right away. We used it until he was over a year - could have used it longer, but he did get heavy and we stopped carrying him around so much. My son liked it much much better than the Bjorn. Slept in it extremely well. I even breast-fed him in it on occasion. My second was born just a few weeks ago, and I am back to using the sling several times a day. My husband has his own, since he I need the S/M and he needs the L.

I like that the sling has no adjustable parts. It's all fabric, so it rolls up really small and you can always take it with you. It's easy to wash, too. And not too hot in the summer, like some slings with much more fabric.

It does take quite a bit of practice to learn how to position the baby in this sling, especially with a newborn. I have my own technique where I put the sling on the bed, position the baby in it and then slide my head and arm in. I find it much easier than trying to position the baby inside the sling once I am wearing it. When positioned properly, the (newborn) baby's face is facing upward, their neck and back are almost straight (so they are not scrunched up, which can be dangerous) and their feet are crossed. The trick is to put the baby in diagonally, so that only their bum is at the bottom of the sling, but the head is resting on the railing. And it helps to move around once you have them in there, motion tends to calm small babies down.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't pleased, May 3, 2011
L Simmons (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
I only got two uses out of this thing, maybe because my daughter was too big for this. I mean she was 3 months and was still too big for this thing. I could have used a blanket to make something similar to this thing. I am sorry, I can't say anything remarkable about this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Most difficult carrier to use, April 8, 2014
Ashley (Kaneohe, HI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
I have been babywearing for 15 months, every day, sometimes all day. I have owned 4 carriers personally and have used at least 8 carriers in those 15 months. This carrier is one I deeply hate. It is difficult to get folded correctly and put on, even for someone with a lot of experience with baby carriers. Please, if you're going to buy a baby carrier, they are an investment so buy the right one. If you buy a good baby carrier to begin with, you and your baby will have a much better, more positive time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works best with tall women, November 3, 2010
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
I'm short (5'2) with a small frame and no matter how it was adjusted, my baby stayed around my knees. The way it was made, my baby layed in a really bad position and no matter which way he was adjusted, his face always ended up smashed against the fabric. I returned it.

2.0 out of 5 stars ok, October 23, 2008
This review is from: Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M (Baby Product)
this sling works okay. it tends to slip and i have to constantly adjust it so baby doesn't fall out. but baby loves being in sling. i would also get a sling that is adjustable.

Munchkin Jelly Bean Reversible Sling S/M