1,100 Reviews

1,010 of 1,025 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, see why!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:27 Mins
My vid that shows the features of the Munchkin projector sound system.
UPDATE: July 2013- Munchkin sound system still works great, after several drops and abuse from my toddler son.
Published 24 months ago by Stephen A. Means

2.0 out of 5 stars Great design and features but a month later it doesn't work
Purchased this for our daughter in mid April and really fell in love with the design and features. The variety of sounds, the colorful images as well as the excellent inclusion of a timer and sound activation were wonderful. It even includes a nightlight!

But....

Published on May 27, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1,010 of 1,025 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, see why!, July 21, 2012
This review is from: Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System, White (Baby Product)
Length:: 3:27 Mins

My vid that shows the features of the Munchkin projector sound system.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great design and features but a month later it doesn't work, May 27, 2012

But....

Here we are a little over a month after our purchase and we are sorely disappointed. The projector no longer works; the light does turn on but it no longer moves. Considering the price of this sound system I would have hoped for a much longer lifespan.

Contacted Munchkin customer service via email and am awaiting a response for replacement.

Update June 11, 2012
Munchkin has replaced our unit and included a few extra items to make up for the shipping costs incurred by us. The new unit functions so far and we'll see how long it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Homedics!, March 16, 2012
We found this after receiving a defective Homedics Soundspa. The Homedics projector got stuck and made loud funny noise the moment we played it. We looked for a similar product and found one made by Munchkin. We are very happy so far and wished we had found this earlier. Not only the projector runs smoothly, this product is of higher quality all around. Sound quality is clear and much superior. More sound selections, 3 Mozart songs, 3 nursery songs, a white noise, rain, and heartbeat noise. It offers voice activation, volume settings, and runs on 3 different timer settings, or non-stop if needed. For only $5-10 more this is a definite winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Me and baby give it two thumbs up!, December 4, 2012
Where to start? It plugs is, nice cause I hate battery changes! It’s white and compact. There is a volume control dial. It has 6 music and nature buttons with the Mozart and Lullabies having three options with each button. I use the Ocean button. It has a timer option for 15, 30, 60 or continuous and a switch for an option to restart with noise detection. SO when she waked up and cries, it starts to soothe her back to sleep. The slides for the motion screen can be removed and stored in little shelves in the back. There is an ocean scene, and forest/jungle scene, and another animal scene. We use the forest/jungle scene. I enjoy watching the friendly characters glide across the ceiling when I feed her a bottle for nap or bedtime. The buttons and adjustment dials are located on the top in easy to reach areas. I actually have it on the floor so I can use my toes to turn the sound and mobile option when I walk in. There is a blue nightlight that emits light from a ring around the bottom if it is turned on, not too bright or jarring. My husband does not like how the button that says “nightlight” emits the same blue hue all the time and thinks it is too bright for nighttime. I like it because I can check in on her with the soft light, I can see her just enough. I have had it for four months and use it ALL the time and there are no issues with the mechanics or machine in any way.
I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars helps my one year old sleep longer, October 26, 2013
We live in a new subdivision where there is lots of construction noise, this machine drowns it out nicely. We use the 'white noise' setting and it's plenty loud enough. The projector is a bonus, we only use it for play though because my daughter loves it so much she won't go to sleep when it's on :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!, December 17, 2012
We've had this for awhile now, and it's grown on me. At first I was not a fan, but now, I couldn't imagine night time without it.

First the cons:
The speaker on this sound system is pretty cheap - it's not the easiest to listen to at higher volumes. However, you probably don't want it that loud while the baby is sleeping, so it's not a huge deal.
There's no place to put in a CD. I know, it's kind of cheap to rate it on its lack of a feature, but if it had a CD tray, this thing would be practically perfect.

The pros:
The projector can be angled! It sits in a sort of "eye" that can be moved 90 degrees, to place it on a wall, or on the ceiling. My toddler loves to play with it, and wants it on the wall one night, and the ceiling the next.

Interchangeable projector slides. There are three slides included, and they're pretty nice. I don't get much use out of two of them because my toddler is on a monkey phase, and always asks for monkeys before bed. I know one of the others is an ocean scene. I couldn't tell you what the third is.

The sounds are nice. The heartbeat is, as usual, a little weird sounding, but the lullabies are good, and we usually end up with the rain or the ocean on all night. Since this is right next to my bed, it's good that the sounds aren't terribly annoying.

The timer
The timer sets for both the projector and the sounds. It can be set for different options, and even set to leave everything on until it's turned off. I LOVE that feature. We can leave it on all night (for the infant who requires sounds ALL the time to sleep) or we can set it for 15 minutes - just long enough to get the toddler asleep for his nap.

The volume control is very sensitive too. I can turn it way down so you can barely hear it a foot away, or loud enough to hear it across the house.

I'm very satisfied with this purchase all in all.

Edit:
I just wanted to edit this review to say we are STILL very happy with this purchase. The toddler was moved into his own room, and this was set on the dresser next to him. He LOVES turning it on and off and changing the sounds every night. And amazingly, the thing gets pushed off the dresser every other day and it STILL WORKS. We have had to turn it upside down, or take the projector disc out and then put it back in, but it hasn't stopped working yet, and I am AMAZED. This thing has been beaten up by two toddlers, and it's still kickin. LOVE IT.

Edit May 14, 2014:
So, it finally died after being dropped off the nightstand one too many times. Alas. I guess the 5000th time was just one time too many. I just bought another one. Still LOVE this sucker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my life!!, March 7, 2012
I purchased this for my 8 month old who was the worst sleeper in the history of the world. Because it can be set to activate when the baby cries, it soothed my little guy back to sleep fairly quickly without me 'rescuing' him. The time, volume, nightlight, and music settings are great and I really appreciate that there are 6 different songs that you can choose from (you can change the song by hitting the "Mozart" or "Lullabye" button). I read the other review and it said that it is battery opperated, but I just plug mine into the wall. I didn't even know that it could use a battery.
We travel with this thing, we nap with it, we sleep though the night with it. I wish like crazy that I knew about it 8 months ago and I would have gotten a whole lot more sleep. Can't say enough good things about it. Love it, couldn't live without it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after a few months and their customer service need some work., June 15, 2013
This was great for the few months that we were able to use it. Then all of a sudden the night light and projector just stopped working. I called Munchkin to see if maybe there was a bulb I could replace but they told me that it would need to be fixed by them under the warranty. But that I'd have to ship it back to them myself. I went to the post office and found out it was going to cost me over $10 to ship it back. So I didn't find it worth it as it was only $22 when I bought it. Companies like Fisher Price have given me return shipping labels or just sent me replacement items immediately for broken items under warranty. Munchkin could learn a lot from them.

1.0 out of 5 stars edited review, August 1, 2012
Bought this to help our new baby girl sleep and it has been a God send! Noticed a huge improvement the first night of use. I use "white noise" and keep it loud enough to drown out the noise from our 5 year old in the next room. It also has a neat nightlight and light projection that will come in handy when she gets a little older.

^That was the original review. Unfortunately I had to change it from 5 stars to 1. First of all, when I bought this the picture projection never spun. I didn't even realize it was supposed to until I bought another one of these for a friend. So it was messed up from the beginning. Then after just a few weeks the projection stopped working. Wasn't a huge deal because I mostly used it for the white noise. Now, after only using this for about 4 months it keeps shorting out and the noise keeps shutting off! I liked this product because it didn't have a timer that shut off automatically and I was able to keep it running all night. Granted I did run it for 12 hours every night for 4 months, but I still think it should have lasted longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, May 29, 2012
I have tried EVERY projector sound machine out there and even some ipod apps, cd's... everything you can think of. The walls in our home are paper thin and we enjoy being loud and having the tv loud and most definitely enjoying not waking the sleeping babies. All other projectors have either come broken, broke within months, days or weeks, or have just been plain too expensive! This was a little pricey for us but it has been used at least 15hrs a DAY with the projector and sound running together and I have yet to be disappointed! With baby number 2 on the way and his bedroom wall backing up to the tv I will AGAIN be buying this since I seem to have "light sleepers" on my hands.

Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System, White