Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Size: 1 PACKColor: Colors May VaryChange
Price:$4.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on November 16, 2006
This is an incredibly useful product. We use it with our 7 month old, and he can feed himself fresh fruit and vegetables. Apples and pears work best. Carrots give him something to chew on, but he doesn't get very far. Bananas are his favorite, though they are the messiest and hardest to clean up--the riper the banana the easier it is to clean the mesh. The nicest part is that he feeds himself! One tip: we use a pacifier clip to keep him from throwing it on the floor.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2015
I find them easy enough to clean, and haven't seen any particles or loose plastic of any sort. My 7-month old daughter freaks out on these with banana or avocado (or both) stuffed inside. It's a great relief for me because she won't take a bottle at all and now that my wife has gone back to school it's a real challenge to keep the little squirt fed while Mom is gone for the evening. She will drink Mom's milk from a sippy cup, but she swallows too much air in the process. The Munchkin net thingies are unbelievably messy, so kiddo gets stripped down before eating, and whisked away straight into the tub afterward, along WITH her Bumbo chair which will be utterly covered with avocado/banana/saliva smoothie. Good, healthy fun, and a happy baby daughter... equals very happy Daddy.
review image review image
on July 18, 2012
For those that are still wondering about the CA Prop 65 issue, I saw the comment from two years ago and contacted the company today regarding this issue. I received the following response:

Thank you for contacting us, we recognize that customers like you have made Munchkin the company it is today, and we truly appreciate hearing from you.

The Fresh Food Feeder is not under the Cal Prop 65, no harmful chemicals and this has been tested and verified the product is safe. Which meets and exceeds all of the federal safety requirements.

Patricia Silva
Consumer Relations Department
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 29, 2012
Yes this product is a pain to clean, but my son (7 months) LOVES it, otherwise I would give it 5 stars. So it's well worth it for me & my son. So far I've tried frozen bananas, apples & pears, bananas being his favorite. It really is a well made product, the mesh stays securely closed & the handle is also wonderful. The handle is the perfect size for little hands to grab onto, it is round & covered with rubber & these little star nubs that are soothing on the gums & just very inviting for him to chew on. I give it to him as a snack twice a day & it keeps him more than occupied for about 15-30 mins. When he's done I immediately rinse it out & soak it for at least an hour & then I scrub it with a little brush & that helps get out any little particles left & rinse it out again. I've bought 3 of these so I always have one ready. I can't wait to try it with watermelon next.
review image review image
on May 5, 2009
I purchased this item from a target near home. after reading all the rave reviews about it i was super excited to test this out with my little one. I put some apple in it and he didnt seem to like it so i figured it was a bad idea to start with apple.. and went to switch to banana however when i opened the clasp i pulled out the apple and noticed there was blue plastic embedded in the apple like another reviewer mentioned!!!!

I paused and figured maybe i didnt clean it enough.. so i did that for a long time.. but the fibers would still come out of the seam under pressure... so i tried biting it myself to see if maybe the bits of plastic would stay put or pass through the mesh.. and they came out of the mesh!!!! i was so frustrated.

i would definately NOT recommend this to anyone.. even if it is only "a little bit of plastic" i personally dont think its safe and think that they should remove the seam altogether.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2009
We had misgivings about letting our baby chew one of these, but we finally gave him some apple in the Munchkin feeder. When we removed the apple from the mesh bag (when he was finished), we noticed pieces of blue plastic embedded in the apple! The pieces were small enough that they could have gone through the mesh. I don't know how much plastic our baby ate, but we certainly won't be using these anymore!! Unsafe at best.
on June 13, 2011
These things are wonderful! My son was an early teether-only nine weeks and he started drooling like a fiend-so once we started him on cereal a month later and the drooling became pain in his gums, we stuffed every kind of frozen fruit into these things, my husband even did ice cubes, and he just went to town on them. We're having our second son in another month and we are buying new ones from Toys R Us, they have a two pack with caps that are really cheap.
If paint chipped or pieces of plastic or mesh came loose, I never saw it and as for being difficult to clean, well, duh. You turn the mesh inside out when theyre done eating from it, rinse well and chuck the whole thing into the dishwasher. As long as you dont let it sit so the mushy fruit dries inside, it comes out easy enough for the dishwasher to handle the rest.
Someone also said that most of the food stays inside-well, thats the whole point. Whole foods are choking hazards for little guys/girls, remember? This gives them all the juice and vitamins without the hazard.
Messy? Again, duh. But slap a bib on the kid-a water proof one-or let him go in a diaper if its warm enough-and let them go to town. Whats a drippy mess compared to twenty minutes or more of pain relief combined with a nice vitamin boost? For me, that was worth every ounce of mess.
For the record, to this day my son, now nearly three, still eats bowls full of frozen fruit the same way most kids eat ice pops so thats another benefit I feel it gave him.
on March 2, 2007
We love these things! I usually keep one loaded up with a banana in the freezer for a teething day treat. We use the other one for afternoon snack. I actually want to buy a couple more packs so I can keep 2 or 3 in the freezer.

Like one of the other reviewer's said, pears and apples work pretty well. In my experience, a frozen banana seems to clean off a little easier than regular banana.

Some cleaning advice: You have to rinse this thing immediately after use for best cleaning results. It's not a big deal and there's no way around it, but man! This is messy fun for baby! :)
on May 28, 2013
My daughter is 2 and she was the first to have this as a baby. I would give her strawberries in this and that went over well, but not much else would fly. I saved it aside for our next one, who is almost 6 months old. I discovered that apple slices would make him happy (a teething boy is an unhappy one!). Even better, if you peel and slice up an apple, then freeze them for a couple hours, you can stick one in there and it makes for an awesome tasting teether that doesn't freeze their little hands in the process. Somehow there isn't much left to the apple by the time he's finished :)

Like everything, some kids like it, some kids don't. I'm sure frozen peaches would be nice in this.
review image
on September 2, 2014
I bought this for my infant son when he wasn't really able to eat whole foods yet. I gave this to him with bananas in it, and the difficulty of cleaning this after the fact makes it not even worth it. I would prefer to puree the food and spoon feed him than use this. When opening it up by the plastic hinge where it connects to the mesh there is a little seam in the fabric that catches onto the food and is extremely difficult/time consuming to remove. I spent a lot of time to get it as clean as possible and it was impossible to remove all the remaining food in it. I even threw it in my dishwasher to see if that would help remove the remaining bits of banana in it and that did not work. In theory this is a great invention. I would love to see this modified so that the cleanup is a lot easier, and more effective.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse