4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter spoon overall
Published on August 22, 2011 by <<M>>

1.0 out of 5 stars Rough on baby's face
Published 17 months ago by Ladylike

1.0 out of 5 stars Rough on baby's face, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Munchkin 2 Pack Silicone Spoons, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I thought these spoons would be perfect, especially considering the rave reviews. Not so much! After using the spoons for about a week and not realizing why my baby was crying, both the myself and the babysitter inspected the spoons. It turns out that the mold that create the spoons must have a top and bottom half causing a rough edge where the two parts meet. This is certainly noticeable once you either touch the spoon edge or run the spoon across you own lips. This thing is ROUGH! No wonder my precious little baby's lips would turn red while feeding (and having the exxcess food removed with the tip of the spoon) and she would start crying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter spoon overall, August 22, 2011
These spoons are overall excellent. Buy them! Read the other 4 reviews here, they are dead-on correct. The spoons are great for starting your baby on solids. They are smooth 1-piece BPA free silicone which reduces food buildup and makes them super easy to clean (they have no sections where two different surfaces meet where bacteria or food residue can build up - like the metal spoons you can buy that have their tips dipped in plastic).

Two small down-sides that prevented me from giving the spoons a 5 star rating (I might as well be open about these flaws, but don't let these sway your purchase decision, I just wanted people to be aware):
the spoons stain easily (they do not smell and performance is unaffected), the staining is purely cosmetic. We have fed our son sweet potatoes (orange), green beans, carrots, and winter squash, the tip of the spoon has turned orangey instead of clear.
The other small down-side is that they are handle heavy, and in the matching silicone bowls that are available (hard to find but are out there) the spoon will easily tip over the rim.

There are matching silicone bowls that go with these spoons out there also, they're not that easy to find, we bought ours at some big box chain store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Munchkin silicone spoons vs Beaba, December 1, 2013
I purchased these to start to feed my twin boys 'solids' along with the Beaba first stage soft silicone spoons, these are slightly thinner and soft, my boys love to grab and chew on them. I prefer the slightly thinner and narrower shape but these munchkins do have a slight mold line around them, though my boys don't seem bothered by it. Good spoons, if you're on a budget, they'll be fine, but if you have the extra, I'd say go with the Beaba to eliminate any possible discomfort from the mold line that the munchkins have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rough uneven edges!, September 27, 2013
I bought these spoons for my 7 month old after reading the good reviews. However, he started fussing after a few feeds with this spoon and after 2 days, he stopped wanting to eat at all. I inspected the spoon carefully and found that the edges are not smooth at all. They are rough and uneven, and when you run them over your own skin you can feel how uncomfortable it is. I can't believe they do this mistake on a baby spoon! This is definitely not going near my baby again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby spoons ever, April 2, 2012
Love, love, love these spoons. These are soft and flexible for babies.

I do wish I had received the colors pictured or had a choice in color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great soft spoons! Flexible but not too flexible., September 1, 2011
I originally got some other silicone spoons for feeding (as a gift) that really disappointed me when they melted in the top rack of the dishwasher. I liked that they had a silicone/rubbery spoon "head", though, as some of the other baby spoons are hard spoons covered in some kind of rubbery coating or else hard/inflexible plastic. These are gentle on my daughter's irritated gums (which are irritated from teething).
I found these to be perfect and very easy to use with one exception, and this is just really an annoying thing to me but may not be to someone else: when I go to put the spoon down in the bowl, the spoon is so long-handled that they often either tip a light-weight bowl over or the spoon itself tips and falls out of the bowl if the bowl is too small. This means that I have to get a lid or napkin to rest the spoon on when I need to set it down between bites. This is a small irritation and one that doesn't detract from the overall big picture, but just wanted to mention it as I deducted one star due to that factor.
Other than that, they are great to use and seem to be soft enough but not too soft as she gets the food in her mouth with much less of a mess. I gave her one to try on her own (sans food, as she's only 7 months old), and she gagged herself multiple times because the spoon is very long, so I'll give her the melted ones from the other brand that are shorter as she didn't gag herself with these. Yes, you can enter the "gag me with a spoon" valley girl joke here. LOL.
Dishwasher safe (I have only tried top-rack washing, though) and cute, too. I ordered two packages and both came pink and green, by the way. So you can't pick your colors. Since I have a girl, this didn't matter to me (and wouldn't even if I had a boy) but some people are very pink=girl, blue=boy, so I thought I'd mention that as well.
All in all, a good purchase and I'm happy with them for the most part.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, May 7, 2014
Very cute but the spoon part is a little too thick. My twins boys are just getting used to solids, I wish the spoon was thinner... one less thing to worry about getting in their mouth

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable to use, April 29, 2014
I like that the spoon is small enough to use for an infant, but can hold a decent amount of food as they start eating more (in terms of volume and frequency).

The material is good on the gums for teething babies and easily held.

Only negative is that after just one use with carrots or sweet potatoes the spoon takes on an orange tint.

4.0 out of 5 stars Same as Beaba, January 16, 2014
aat (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
As far as I can tell, these are the same as the Beaba spoons but for a much better price. They're great, one had a slightly rough edge, but it's fine. The bowls of the spoon are nice and deep which is great for more liquidy purees. The little heart is cute!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 15, 2013
Very convenient, doesn't hurt my baby's gums. The design and the colors are very nice too. I definitely recommend those.

Munchkin 2 Pack Silicone Spoons, Colors May Vary