4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter spoon overall
Published on August 22, 2011 by <<M>>

1.0 out of 5 stars Rough on baby's face
Published 13 months ago by Ladylike

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter spoon overall, August 22, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin 2 Pack Silicone Spoons, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
These spoons are overall excellent. Buy them! Read the other 4 reviews here, they are dead-on correct. The spoons are great for starting your baby on solids. They are smooth 1-piece BPA free silicone which reduces food buildup and makes them super easy to clean (they have no sections where two different surfaces meet where bacteria or food residue can build up - like the metal spoons you can buy that have their tips dipped in plastic).

Two small down-sides that prevented me from giving the spoons a 5 star rating (I might as well be open about these flaws, but don't let these sway your purchase decision, I just wanted people to be aware):
the spoons stain easily (they do not smell and performance is unaffected), the staining is purely cosmetic. We have fed our son sweet potatoes (orange), green beans, carrots, and winter squash, the tip of the spoon has turned orangey instead of clear.
The other small down-side is that they are handle heavy, and in the matching silicone bowls that are available (hard to find but are out there) the spoon will easily tip over the rim.

There are matching silicone bowls that go with these spoons out there also, they're not that easy to find, we bought ours at some big box chain store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rough on baby's face, March 11, 2013
I thought these spoons would be perfect, especially considering the rave reviews. Not so much! After using the spoons for about a week and not realizing why my baby was crying, both the myself and the babysitter inspected the spoons. It turns out that the mold that create the spoons must have a top and bottom half causing a rough edge where the two parts meet. This is certainly noticeable once you either touch the spoon edge or run the spoon across you own lips. This thing is ROUGH! No wonder my precious little baby's lips would turn red while feeding (and having the exxcess food removed with the tip of the spoon) and she would start crying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Munchkin silicone spoons vs Beaba, December 1, 2013
I purchased these to start to feed my twin boys 'solids' along with the Beaba first stage soft silicone spoons, these are slightly thinner and soft, my boys love to grab and chew on them. I prefer the slightly thinner and narrower shape but these munchkins do have a slight mold line around them, though my boys don't seem bothered by it. Good spoons, if you're on a budget, they'll be fine, but if you have the extra, I'd say go with the Beaba to eliminate any possible discomfort from the mold line that the munchkins have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby spoons ever, April 2, 2012
Love, love, love these spoons. These are soft and flexible for babies.

I do wish I had received the colors pictured or had a choice in color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Same as Beaba, January 16, 2014
aat (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
As far as I can tell, these are the same as the Beaba spoons but for a much better price. They're great, one had a slightly rough edge, but it's fine. The bowls of the spoon are nice and deep which is great for more liquidy purees. The little heart is cute!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rough uneven edges!, September 27, 2013
I bought these spoons for my 7 month old after reading the good reviews. However, he started fussing after a few feeds with this spoon and after 2 days, he stopped wanting to eat at all. I inspected the spoon carefully and found that the edges are not smooth at all. They are rough and uneven, and when you run them over your own skin you can feel how uncomfortable it is. I can't believe they do this mistake on a baby spoon! This is definitely not going near my baby again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 15, 2013
Very convenient, doesn't hurt my baby's gums. The design and the colors are very nice too. I definitely recommend those.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, January 30, 2013
These are the best baby spoons I've come across. My son (six months) loves to feed himself with a pre-loaded spoon and he can maneuver these spoons well. They fit well in little mouths and baby can get everything off them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to plastic spoons, October 26, 2012
I'm very happy I bought these. They're sturdy and the bowl of the spoon is not too deep or too shallow - so it holds a decent amount of food without being hard for my daughter to get it off the spoon when she's trying to feed herself. The tip of one of our spoons stained vaguely orange from something (I think it was tomato sauce?), but it's purely cosmetic, the spoon didn't acquire a taste and the silicone is intact. Yes, these are a little heavier than plastic spoons, but hey, just don't sit them on the edge of taller (or very skinny) bowls. I feel better knowing that when my baby starts chewing on her spoon that she's not gnawing on plastic. I take one star off for being so darn pricy...but they're worth it, I just have fewer and wash them by hand every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 8, 2012
andorm (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
These spoons are perfect -
- flexible = no discomfort to already sensitive gums
- not too deep = baby doesn't choke on too much food at a time
- can go into the sterilizer

Wish Amazon gave us the ability to pick colors... I ordered 2 two-packs for my twins and both times we got blue and green.

ARRAY(0x9b744ce4)