These are very handy snack holders. Easy for tots to grab onto and hold. I attach a handle to a "No Throw" strap for when she's in the stroller.

I was disappointed that they don't all come with a stay fresh type of lid, so if you leave snacks in it for even a couple of hours, they do get stale very quickly.

Today, I came up with a solution! I...
Published on July 27, 2009 by WDEJ's Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Food DOES still spill
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:08 Mins
Update: The Playtex Flip Top Snacker with Twist 'N Click is a much better alternative. The Playtex version has a screw lid so you don't have to worry about it coming off and spilling food all over the place.

Published on August 15, 2012 by MamaCito

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the mess down on the go! Put an 8 oz. sour cream lid over the top to keep snacks fresh and no spilling in diaper bag!, July 27, 2009
WDEJ's Mom (St. Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Two Snack Catchers, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)

Today, I came up with a solution! I noticed you can buy the lids to go over them to help keep the food fresh, OR... *Drum roll please* I happened to have an 8 oz. Daisy Sour Cream container lid lying around and VOILA - it fits perfectly snug over the rubbery top! It's basically air tight! I'm all about reusing/recycling so this was perfect!

I'm so excited that I'll be able to fill up the snack cup, put the reused 8 oz. sour cream lid on it (on top of the rubbery part), and not worry that it will spill all over the diaper bag (it's not spill proof by any means!), and also that it should help to keep the snacks fresher!

I was surprised at how flexible the rubbery top is - good because it won't hurt your baby's fingers, but bad because it doesn't rigidly stay in place (more spills). My 20 month old daughter is getting really good about not pouring out all of her snacks, so these are getting more use now than they were a few months ago when purchased.

Hold up fabulously in the dishwasher.

I don't think I will buy any more of them, but I would recommend them for someone to try.

**UPDATE**
I have purchased another set of 2. As my daughter gets older (27 months now), they are getting used a lot! Before the snack catchers, I used to just let my daughter have a few pieces of snack in her lap (in the stroller). I also occasionally let her eat snacks out of a ziploc bag, however, she will dump it out. Going to go back to the snack catchers while shopping and see if she stops dumping snacks out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must! Better that snack trap., March 9, 2008
This is a must. Much better than a snack trap, it washes well, looks nice, the opening at the top is nicer, holds snacks better. Worth the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish i had these earlier!!, November 28, 2007
J. Evans (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
These are the coolest things you could possibly have if you child is already snacking on goldfish, cereal, grapes or anything small like that. they can grab and hold their own food without you having to worry about picking up a mess later. there's no lid that you have to remove, unlike what i used to have to remove when i carried my sons snacks around. they're ready to go! these are especially great for the car. with my son my car is a disaster from all the little things he used to eat and then drop. this is no longer an issue with this. although my son is a little thinker and loves to figure out how things work, so when he's bored he'll get fancy and make a small mess, but as long as your kid is hungry and isn't too worried about how this little cup is supplying their food, no worries for you. i especially like these ones compared to another brand, "snack trap" i believe, these are see through, and i think they look a lot better. i like the way the plastic feels also.

all in all, get these!!! eliminate messes everywhere you go! why NOT get them?

5.0 out of 5 stars Munchkin snack traps, October 27, 2007
I LOVE this product. I searched for them all over town and finally found them on Amazon. My son loves them and carries them around everywhere. Every mother that I meet wants to know where I got them. They are deep enough to hold a good amount of food and for your child to get his hand in and out. The lid stays well put and you don't have to worry about food spilling everywhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Food DOES still spill, August 15, 2012
Length:: 2:08 Mins

When I first bought these they were great. Got a two pack from Target. However, not sure if it's a combo of me leaving it in the car all the time and it being in the sun so the plastic loosens, or because my son is now older (18 months), but the lid now comes off very easily when he is pulling his hand out after retrieving a snack from the cup. He can also pull the lid off easily-which he has done a number of times recently. So the snack ends up all over the car seats and floor. Defeats the purpose. The concept is great, but If only they made this with a screw top, it would be better. I think that I will try the Munchie Mug instead. The Munchie Mug - Top Rated Spill Resistant Snack Cup for Toddlers. Ages 1 to 4 years. Made in AMERICA. - BPA and phthalate free. FDA compliant materials. - Blue Top DOES come with a screw top plus an additional lid to cover when not in use to keep the snacks fresher.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice cup for on the go snacking, April 9, 2008
JML (La Crosse, WI) - See all my reviews
Like these cups for when we are away from home and in the car. My 14 month old took awhile to get the concept of the trapping device. If I just hand him the cup to hold himself, he tends to pull the lid off with his teeth and then the entire contents of the cup go flying everywhere. A different type of lid would be nice so that it could not be pulled off. Otherwise, I am really happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The lid's teeth are RUBBERY & FLEXIBLE. Also BPA-free. Love it!, September 18, 2009
Amy Finlay (western Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
The teeth of the lid easily fold on themselves. You don't have to worry about your child's hand getting caught in this. Since I wondered about this when I was purchasing, I just want to post that fact. The packaging also says the product is BPA free--good to know.

Very useful product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Opened by 11 month old in minutes....., October 9, 2010
I really wanted to love this snack holder. My neices and nephews have had them and they used them with great success, the reason I bought them in fact. I got these this spring, back in March. My daughter was 10 months old and not interested in using them, her skills just didn't match. One month later, I tried to give her this again.... she could use it! I was SO happy, success!

In June, we took a trip to the zoo, gorgeous day, handed her the Snack Catcher and she happily ate some of her snacks, I was ELATED. 5 minutes later she says, uh-oh! Sheepishly she looks up at me.... She was covered in snacks! The lid was in her hands. Mind you, I had a HARD time getting it on! I just knew she would NOT be able to get it open... SO, I hand the contraption back to her.... in less than 25 seconds she had bitten the lid off, AGAIN!

I just pulled these back out to let her use them again, just to see what would happen. It is now October and she is almost 17 months old. Little stinker, she bit the lid right off, in less than 15 seconds! She hadn't even seen these since June and hadn't played with them and had them in her chubby little fingers less than 15 seconds! I know, I stood guard over her to see what she would do and how quickly!

I give this product such a low mark for several reasons, my little one can dump eveything out, with the lid on or off, not to mention she can take the lid off whenever she pleases! Oh, and they warp in the dishwasher and then look funky. Thus making little ones want to investigate them further. My catchers have only been in the top rack of the dishwasher twice! They are both warped! I REALLY WANTED TO LOVE THESE, JUST ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN, save your money and get a MUNCHIE MUG! WORTH THE MONEY!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute idea but TERRIBLE, May 11, 2011
These are really bright and colorful BUT they do not hold the snack in!!!!!! Our baby makes HUGE messes with anything we put in them because the flaps aren't very sturdy and he can shake it to get pieces out. He also figured out if he holds one piece down then shakes it he can make an even bigger mess! This is a baby less than a year old! So, as cute as they are, I was highly disappointed and would not recommend them at all (unless you want to clean up goldfish and baby snacks constantly!).

2.0 out of 5 stars Make it rain (cheerios)!, February 9, 2012
No Name "babuace" (Pasadena, CA United States) - See all my reviews
All our little girl has to do is turn this cup over and shake it, and cheerios come streaming out all over the floor. The top (flexible plastic sliced into a helical shape) does not keep smaller snacks (cheerios, puffs, etc.) in at all!

Munchkin Two Snack Catchers, Colors May Vary