5.0 out of 5 stars Love it

1.0 out of 5 stars Contacted Company
Published on January 8, 2011 by el

1.0 out of 5 stars Contacted Company, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I have been through 3 of the Munchkin Star Fountain. I bought the first at Target. After a couple of uses the on/off switch would not stay depressed. After finally getting it to depress, it stuck in the on position indefinitely. I then exchanged it at Target for my second Munchkin Star Fountain, only for the second product to do have the exact same issue within the first use. I contacted Munchkin and they stated not having any issue with the on/off switch and offering to replace the product. The CSR explained to me that any further issue they would only give me a coupon for another product, not a full refund. While I have not purchased this on amazon.com, I am making a point to inform all consumers until CPSC has placed this product on a safety list. Do NOT buy this product here or anywhere. 3 for 3 had the same issue and Munchkin is aware and continues to sell the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars How to fix this toy..., September 2, 2012
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I bought this for a friend's daughter before reading any reviews. I put in the batteries and it didn't work. Then I read reviews about it not working in a lot of cases. Upon further inspection I noticed that the reason the toy didn't work was because of the plastic parts that are in the battery cavity. The bottom battery slot was fine, but the 2 slots on the top have plastic to keep the batteries locked in place. If you look closely, you will see that the plastic is too thick and it is preventing the positive terminal of the battery from making contact to the tab. I simply used a small flathead screwdriver to crack the plastic away from the terminal on either end. I put the batteries back in and boom, the thing works.

Cool toy, bad design. If you don't mind taking the time to "fix" it, they toy is great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy - just takes some work to make it work!, January 14, 2012
John Beatty (Butler, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
We have had this toy for well over two years now. Our grandson loves it, and always has since an infant. Battery life is fairly good, considering a motor-driven toy. Batteries can be a bit difficult to replace, but common on water-type toys. We have noticed that at times it will not pump, especially after being idle for a while. My guess is that the soap dries out in the pump impeller & causes it to stick. A simple fix: turn it over, locate the dime-sized area with the tiny holes (water inlet) and use a paper clip to slightly turn the impeller. A pain? Yes - but considering the fun our guy has had with it, well worth it. Hopefully the manufacturer will address this issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I was so skeptable about buying this because there are so many bad reviews on it but I decided to give it a try. Well I got a good one! I am very careful when I change the batteries. I dry it and let it set for a day before I open it so no water or even any moisture gets inside then I change the batteries. We are going 6 months and it is still working. It does use a lot of battery power though. We have to change the batteries about every 2 weeks. But we use it every day in the bath and it is running the whole time during the bath (about 15 - 20 minutes) so I would expect that. It's working and so I don't care. We love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars great if you get one that works., September 12, 2009
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
i just exchanged the first one because it stopped working
and now the new one not only doesn't work properly but it won't turn off
it's a great idea and my son loved it for the one bath that it worked

1.0 out of 5 stars great concept poor application, June 27, 2010
Jennifer M. Robbins (Benton Harbor, Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
I bought this for my 13 month old son who loves the water - the fountain has some great height to it so I recommend that it be for outside. The first one I bought the on/off switch didn't work so I took it back and exchanged it. Got the second one and it worked for the first 30 minutes or so then the on/off switch wouldn't work and the batteries ended up just running out. Don't waste your money on this

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend this product, August 4, 2010
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
This product is terrible. You have to change the batteries every 10-14 days and it stopped working entirely after only 2 months of use. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fountain, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
My 16-month old son loves this fountain. It sprays perfectly every time even though my son tries to drown it at times. I would definitely recommend this item for bath time fun!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!! RIPPED HAIR OUT!, November 19, 2009
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
Last night my husband was in the tub with our on year old daughter and suddenly started saying screaming "ouch, ouch" and writhing around in the tub. I looked down to see what was happening and the star fountain had become attached to his leg hair and was pulling it out. We immediately turned the fountain off and literally had to rip the star off of my husband's leg in order to detach it from him. You could see both a red mark on his leg from where the hair was pulled off/the star was attached and his hair in the fountain. We immediately threw the fountain out and, luckily, had kept the packaging from it and called Munchkin they sent us replacement toys, but took no further action on this, obviously unsafe toy!

While I understand accidents happen, I do not understand how a toy that is labeled for children could have this happen. I am positive that these toys undergo a lot of testing, but this should not have ever happened! Thankfully it attached itself to my husband's leg rather than ripping out my daughter's hair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bath toy!!, December 30, 2009
This review is from: Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary (Baby Product)
Got this as a gift for my 1 1/2 yr old and almost 4 yr old and they LOVE it!! Heck, I LOVE IT!! It is such a neat toy!!

Munchkin Star Fountain, Colors May Vary