Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Size: 1 countChange
Price:$4.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 16, 2010
My DD loved this toy/teether when she was younger--and every now and then you could catch her dad or I twisting it around, too :) For the price and entertainment value I think it is a great thing to keep in your diaper/travel bag--lots of texture, movement, color and fun in such a little package! I have bought a couple as gifts for new moms since... all thank me and say what a great gift it is, and they never would have thought to buy it or ask for it.

Only drawback for me--cleaning it. There are tiny little gaps in between the pieces that twist, so for me I didn't think a run through the dishwasher was good enough. I usually boiled it for 5-10 mins or so every couple of days in addition to the dishwasher... but maybe I'm just a little OCD! Package says not to dishwasher/boil it, but I didn't have any issues from doing so.
0Comment50 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2015
Every baby is different and this is never more apparent than when it comes to teething. What soothes one baby's gums makes another baby angry, and a third baby indifferent, and a fourth will find momentary relief that doesn't last longer than a split second... so when reviewing teethers (or reading reviews!) it's important to remember not to harp on how well it worked for any specific child. So, no, my son didn't take to this teether toy. I suppose I could give it one star and say it was a waste of money, but that wouldn't be right. My son refused all teether toys, all relief methods period, except for a wet (not cold or frozen!) washcloth. Yes. Chewing on a wet washcloth all day long was apparently better than pacifiers, frozen fruit, orajel, chew toys, etc., etc. That doesn't mean I'm going to go give his washclothes 5 stars and then proceed to diss every other product I got him as useless! In fact, I don't think I would ever advise a parent to try a wet washcloth as their first line of defense for a tot with sore gums... I can't imagine very many babies find them as useful as my son has. My point? If you're considering this or any other teething products, don't worry about what any reviewer says about how useful the product was (or wasn't) for their specific child as that's useless information.

Here's what you actually need to know.

This teething toy was well made and stayed in fantastic condition through months of play (although no real chewing occurred, it was still put through the ringer). It's bright colors, different textures, and rattling sound made it a fun toy for my son even though he didn't chew on it. If I were to try just one teething toy for my child to test whether or not teethers helped him, I'd pick this one. We went through them all and this one was the closest to helping him of any others - it attracted his attention, he enjoyed playing with it - and this meant that whenever he WAS teething, he actually attempted many times to soothe himself with this toy. Teething toys just didn't help him, but if they had, this would have been our lifesaver. And thus, I don't regret buying it. Teething or not, this toy amused him, introduced a variety of colors and textures to see and feel at a very young age, fit his small hands well and made him happy. What more could you want from a simple infant toy?
0Comment29 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2010
I bought this from Babies "R'' Us when my son started putting everything in his mouth. The teether has 4 soft rubber sections, each with different textures. It also rattles and can be bent in a number of different ways. The teether is easy for my son to grasp and twist. He enjoys chewing on the rubber sections and likes to throw it to hear rattle sounds. The teether is very easy to clean, just hand wash and air dry. It is small enough to throw in the diaper bag and entertaining enough to occupy my son during car rides, doctor's office visits, etc.
0Comment31 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2012
The item breaks in to pieces in a month, with sharp hard plastic edge! When I found it was already broken, and small sharp pieces were around my 6 month baby. Cannot imagine if she eat the parts....
I have many Munchkin stuff and they are all very good, but this teether is dangerous!
11 comment33 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2012
I saw the rubber-looking sections of these and thought it would be chewy. It's not. For the most part the whole thing is hard plastic. Some of the sections have a different texture or coating (like a thin rubber coating) but my baby didn't care for this at all. It's fairly large, relatively heavy, and frankly it felt more like a toy than a teething ring. I tried over and over again to get her to use this, but she would put it down after a few seconds every time.

In the end, the Vulli rubber teethers were what she liked best. Nom nom nom chewy goodness.
0Comment24 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2007
This teether has rubber sides, and smooth plastic sides. Baby can twist it around and have a good time smacking you and himself with it. If you are a nervous wreck that doesn't want to be smacked with a teether, then maybe the knuckleball one would be better for you. But the baby seems to have a good time biting this one and waving it around and smacking himself with it. Baby likes it; it gets on my nerves. But I give it 5 stars because baby likes it.
0Comment25 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2011
My son has had this since cutting his first tooth at 4 months old. At 11 months old, he's cutting his 9th tooth and this is still his favorite chew toy. He doesn't care much for the hard plastic parts, but there's enough of the soft rubber/different texture parts for him to enjoy it. It's easy to clean, cheap in price, and very durable. I recommend it for your little teethers.
on November 23, 2011
I thought this was a neat idea until my little guy started manipulating it and collapsed it into the figure 8 and pinched his fingers--hard! Not using it with my youngest.
on September 6, 2015
Sending this toy back. The rubber part looks old... When you "teethe" it it makes marks and white stuff comes off the rubber. Not even going to let my 9 month old touch this. And the plastic is hard as a rock. Love munchkin but terrible product
review image
on August 15, 2011
my daughter likes the colors and the fact that you can twist it, she tries using the rubber teether parts and she doesn't like it very much. the rubber parts are not wide enough so she would have to bite it just right in order for it to work. we got it for her when she was 4 months, she's now 8 months. She's more interested now having more hand eye coordination- but the teether part is still a no-go.