5.0 out of 5 stars ~*~*~No Holes to get Moldy, My Girls LOVE it~*~*~
I have always been able to feel the water temperature myself & know how it should be for baby but my husband never trusted his judgement so this helped him when I wasn't able to test the water first. Be sure you always check the water yourself.

Published on October 25, 2009 by Mommy of Cuties M & Z

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - bad thermometer
This is a wonderful bath ducky because it doesn't have holes to allow water (and bacteria) in. It is NOT however a good temperature gauge. It ALWAYS says "HOT" unless the water is too cold to bathe in. We have an infant bath with a thermo read from 95-100 which all are in the "safe range" this duck says "HOT" at 95. Too cold for baby.
Published on December 11, 2010 by Oiler02

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy - bad thermometer, December 11, 2010
Oiler02 "Tam" (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Makes water WAY too cold!, July 10, 2010
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)
Unfortunately, this duck rates the water as needing to be way too cold. It's pretty much useless as anything other than a bath toy. I'm assuming this temperature gauge being off has to do with the company worrying about the liability of babies burning in warm water, but they went so far to the other end, it's not usable. I wouldn't recommend for the purpose of testing water temperature.

5.0 out of 5 stars ~*~*~No Holes to get Moldy, My Girls LOVE it~*~*~, October 25, 2009
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)

We have this duck & an infantino brand with a hole in the bottom. I hate the infantino one with the hole because it gets moldy on the inside.

This duck does not have holes so it does not get moldy!! My girls love playing with both the ducks & chewing on their bills. I'm throwing the infantino away due to the mold issues. I think this one will be played with for a long time.

Don't buy a Bath Time Duck or any other type of Bath Time toy that has holes for water to get inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Rubber Ducky (ignore the temperature part, though), January 31, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)
My baby LOVES this duck. She gets so excited everytime she sees it and it is a huge hit at bathtime. As other reviewers have posted, the "hot" part is very sensitive...it always says hot for us even when the temperature is right. Regardless, great price and wonderful duck!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but not helpful, November 1, 2010
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)
If you are looking for something to accurately tell you if the water truly is too hot - this is NOT the product to you. I put it in water that was tepid at best but honestly somewhat cold to the wrist and the HOT still showed up. While it is cute it certainly doesn't accurately show if the water is too hot. I got one (I don't know the brand but it is a turtle) that give a digital readout that is MUCH more helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and practical, January 23, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)
My sister got this duck for us when my son was born. He is now one and we cannot get into the tub without this ducky. I love that I can plop it in the tub while I get him undressed and check the water before we set him in there. He loves it because it is a duck (his favorite thing). So it's pretty much a win/win situation in our household with this duck.

I've never had a problem with it showing when the water is too hot (and we tend to run it pretty warm), it's simple and easy to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for keeping baby safe!, September 11, 2008
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)
I only recently stopped using this toy (even though it still works well) because I can now gauge by myself how warm the baby's bathwater should be. This ducky was so invaluable during those first few months, and I highly recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good for a toy, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)
My son likes it as a toy, but the "HOT" indicator turns white even when the bath is room temp. I'm going to trust my wrist to judge the temperature from now on, it's cute, but a waste of money!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Cold! Now will only be used as a bath toy!, June 16, 2010
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)
This duck says the water is too hot all the time! Even the water I've always used for her bottle gets the too hot rating! Not so sure this is super accurate! When the temp is not too hot like the duck says, it's very cold and my daughter screams the whole time. Normally she loves to bathe and swim! Basically for us that was a $2.99 bath toy! Not good for much else, unfortunately. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars cute and played with often in the bath, December 30, 2011
This review is from: Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy (Baby Product)
Our son loves the duck and plays with it during each bath. He loves to chew on the duck and loves the quack quack noises we make while playing with him. Contrary to other reviews, I feel as if the heat sensor works pretty well. It turns completely white when the water is far to hot... and turns only slightly white when the water is rather warm (but not terribly hot). But then again, it's my opinion that parents should check the water temp using your forearm and NEVER by using any product (this temp sensor or any other)

Munchkin 'White Hot' Duck Bath Toy