Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Item Package Quantity: 1Change
Price:$3.40+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 11, 2010
This is a wonderful bath ducky because it doesn't have holes to allow water (and bacteria) in. It is NOT however a good temperature gauge. It ALWAYS says "HOT" unless the water is too cold to bathe in. We have an infant bath with a thermo read from 95-100 which all are in the "safe range" this duck says "HOT" at 95. Too cold for baby.
44 comments49 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2010
Unfortunately, this duck rates the water as needing to be way too cold. It's pretty much useless as anything other than a bath toy. I'm assuming this temperature gauge being off has to do with the company worrying about the liability of babies burning in warm water, but they went so far to the other end, it's not usable. I wouldn't recommend for the purpose of testing water temperature.
0Comment34 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2009
I have always been able to feel the water temperature myself & know how it should be for baby but my husband never trusted his judgement so this helped him when I wasn't able to test the water first. Be sure you always check the water yourself.

We have this duck & an infantino brand with a hole in the bottom. I hate the infantino one with the hole because it gets moldy on the inside.

This duck does not have holes so it does not get moldy!! My girls love playing with both the ducks & chewing on their bills. I'm throwing the infantino away due to the mold issues. I think this one will be played with for a long time.

Don't buy a Bath Time Duck or any other type of Bath Time toy that has holes for water to get inside.
0Comment37 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2011
My baby LOVES this duck. She gets so excited everytime she sees it and it is a huge hit at bathtime. As other reviewers have posted, the "hot" part is very sensitive...it always says hot for us even when the temperature is right. Regardless, great price and wonderful duck!
on December 17, 2013
Had this rubber duck which my baby daughter loves so much until i noticed that the paint on the rubber duck started to come off (See the pictures i posted).
Cute but i do not recommend it.
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 23, 2011
My sister got this duck for us when my son was born. He is now one and we cannot get into the tub without this ducky. I love that I can plop it in the tub while I get him undressed and check the water before we set him in there. He loves it because it is a duck (his favorite thing). So it's pretty much a win/win situation in our household with this duck.

I've never had a problem with it showing when the water is too hot (and we tend to run it pretty warm), it's simple and easy to read.
on December 30, 2011
Our son loves the duck and plays with it during each bath. He loves to chew on the duck and loves the quack quack noises we make while playing with him. Contrary to other reviews, I feel as if the heat sensor works pretty well. It turns completely white when the water is far to hot... and turns only slightly white when the water is rather warm (but not terribly hot). But then again, it's my opinion that parents should check the water temp using your forearm and NEVER by using any product (this temp sensor or any other)
on November 1, 2010
If you are looking for something to accurately tell you if the water truly is too hot - this is NOT the product to you. I put it in water that was tepid at best but honestly somewhat cold to the wrist and the HOT still showed up. While it is cute it certainly doesn't accurately show if the water is too hot. I got one (I don't know the brand but it is a turtle) that give a digital readout that is MUCH more helpful.
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2008
I only recently stopped using this toy (even though it still works well) because I can now gauge by myself how warm the baby's bathwater should be. This ducky was so invaluable during those first few months, and I highly recommend it.
on April 1, 2013
I wanted a cute rubber ducks for my little one, and this is cute. However, after just two days of use, the paint is coming off the duck's beak! I found a little piece of bright orange paint in my baby's hand after she was holding the duck, and unfortunately see that there's a larger patch than that of missing paint. This toy is not durable or safe.