1,044 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Two beloved classics combined
Charles Dickens' classic tale "A Christmas Carol" has probably been adapted for stage, screen, and TV more than any other story in the history of literature. Many have been really great -- the Mr. Magoo animated version, Patrick Stewart's one-man stage show, the George C. Scott version, etc. But one of the best is definitely "The Muppet Christmas...
Published on October 21, 2001 by Michael J. Mazza

3.0 out of 5 stars Be advised: widescreen version is not uncut.
This DVD contains a 4:3 version and a 16:9 widescreen version.

Disney Home Video reps have confirmed that only the 4:3 pan & scan version is the home video version which contains the full version of this movie. The widescreen version is the theatrical cut and does not include the song "When Love is Gone".
Published on September 1, 2005 by Paul

‹ Previous | 146 47 48105 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, July 16, 2013
K. Topper (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Muppet Christmas Carol (DVD)
This is a really fun version of A Christmas Carol -- any fan of the muppets or of Christmas movies should own it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic movie!, July 8, 2013
This review is from: The Muppet Christmas Carol (20th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
My daughter and I have always loved this movie back on the VHS days, so it was nice to get it on Blu-ray. They don't show this film on TV at Christmas very much so it was good to have in our collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, July 7, 2013
This has been my favorite Christmas movie as far back as I can remember, absolutely love it! I watch it even when it's not Christmas to get a warm and fuzzy feeling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Christmas Carol Ever!!, June 18, 2013
This is by far my favorite version of the Christmas Carol ever! The Muppets just know how to do it right.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is cool., May 26, 2013
This review is from: The Muppet Christmas Carol (DVD)
The movie is accurate in detail for the dvd as it was when it was on video and in theaters.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUPPET CHRISTMAS CAROL, May 25, 2013
HAS BECOME A CHRISTMAS TRADITION AT OUR HOUSE. ATER WE FINISH DECORATING TREE; THE FAMILY ALL GATHERS 4 HOT CHOCOLATE , LITTLE DEBBIES CHRISTMAS TREE CAKES 2 WATCH THIS CLASSIC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave as gift, May 24, 2013
This review is from: The Muppet Christmas Carol (DVD)
When my kids were growing up they watched the Muppets all the time, it is a timeless group of funny and loving characters, so I gave it to my Great grandkids so they could watch and enjoy for Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of My All Time Favs, May 3, 2013
This is one of my all time favorite Christmas movies. The only disappointment is that they cut out the song that Scrooge's girlfriends sings in the park when they breakup—that song really helped develop Scrooge's character and the melody is the theme of the ending song, which ties it together very nicely. I wish it hadn't been cut out. (I think it was cut out in the widescreen version.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this film, but why leave out any scenes?, April 9, 2013
I love the Muppets, and I love this film. I just don't understand why they could not have included, at least as an "extended" option like they have before, "When Love is Gone." It's a great song, and it does add to the story and overall feel of the film.
As an aside, I love the Disney intermission, especially the segment with the Swedish Chef!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Classic!, April 6, 2013
This review is from: The Muppet Christmas Carol (DVD)
My husband and I have been fans of the Muppets since our children were little. This was one of our family's favorite Christmas movies. Even though our children are grown and married now, my husband mentioned this movie during Christmas. I decided to see if it was still available. I was able to order it and surprise him with it. Even though it is after Christmas, we have still watched it a couple of times and enjoyed Michael Caine and all the Muppet characters.

‹ Previous | 146 47 48105 | Next ›