- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Muppets: The Green Album” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 54% off the $13.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Muppets: The Green Album
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
by OK Go
by The Fray
by Amy Lee
by Andrew Bird
Top Customer Reviews
- You grew up watching THE MUPPET SHOW and you have a bit of a nostalgic streak.
- You smiled and laughed throughout the preview to the forthcoming movie THE MUPPETS.
- You've always felt that Muppets instantly make everything more fun.
- You own anything with a Muppet on it.
- You are already a fan of any of the bands that make an appearance on THE GREEN ALBUM.
- You are open minded enough to listen to a few hipster/indie rock style interpretations of your childhood memories.
- You are traditional enough to appreciate that most of these songs are played relatively straight.
- You think you can forgive OK GO for possibly effing up the opening track by making it too weird.
- You like the idea of a compilation/tribute album of cover songs from a thirty-five year old puppet show being able to stand on its own as an album - only a few songs are chained to The Muppet Show here, the others could make it on their own in the world if they wanted to.
- You're still looking for "the rainbow connection" - the lovers, the dreamers, Kermit, and you...or maybe you've found it, in which case you might also be picking up a copy of the new Barbra Streisand album that was released today.
The Green Album is definitely worth a listen, but not necessarily a full-price purchase.
1. Muppet Show Theme Song (Personally? The music video version of this song is better.)
2. Rainbow Connection (The Muppet Movie, Kermit)
3. Mahna Mahna (The Muppet Show, various cast)
4. Movin' Right Along (The Muppet Movie, Kermit and Fozzie)
5. Our World (Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas, various cast)
6. Halfway Down The Stairs (The Muppet Show, Kermit's nephew Robin)
7. Mr. Bassman (The Muppet Show, Dr. Teeth and Scooter)
8. Wishing Song (The Muppet Show, Gonzo, rare find!)
9. Night Life (The Great Muppet Caper, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem)
10. Bein' Green (Various venues, Kermit)
11. I Hope That Something Better Comes Along(The Muppet Movie, Kermit and Rolfe)
12. I'm Going To Go Back There Someday (The Muppet Movie, Gonzo)
Hope this list helps the curious! :)
Why do I relate the story? Well, more so than most albums reviewed here, it's my opinion, not that of kids, which matters here, because Muppets: The Green Album isn't really a kids music album. The album is a collection of 12 Muppet-related songs, drawn mostly heavily from The Muppet Movie or from songs heard on The Muppet Show. Much like Disney's collections of covers from their own stable of American tunes, Disneymania, Disney's approach here is to get popular (critically or otherwise) artists to tackle the Jim Henson-related songs. The fact that some of these artists weren't yet born when The Muppet Show went off network television doesn't seem to have hurt their recruiting efforts. (The fact that the rest of 'em were kids when the show was still on probably helped tremendously.)
And as is the case with any such collection, Disney or otherwise, this album succeeds or fails based on how good the songs are and whether the artists bring anything new to them (or, if they ruin their charm).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very disappointing...the is was not even close to the original...singer didn't even try to sound like kermit!Published 1 month ago by Rosemarie Strum
Great Road trip CD...our family loves it...kids and parents!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Ithink this is a great CD of the Muppets, I don't think you could find better. Robert! 11-13-2015Published 3 months ago by Robert A. Farrell
Over all, I like the album - but not necessarily all the songs. I'm a fan of having popular groups do alternative versions of songs like this - but some of these are a bit too much... Read morePublished 10 months ago by K. Rowley
One of the few CDs that my 4 year old, my 19 month old and I can listen to and enjoy.Published 15 months ago by P. J. Almaguer
Love the Muppets when I was younger... love to share their music with my kidsPublished 19 months ago by sdmk
This is a fun album, something nice to have playing when hanging out around the house, fun for grown-ups and kids alike.Published 20 months ago by A. Bauer
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|I just pre-ordered the cd - I never do THAT.. always go for mp3s||
I always buy CDs and then just rip them to the bitrate of my choosing.
Aug 23, 2011 by GUSHandGO | See all 3 posts
|Green Album on NPR First Listen||
ok go should be ashamed of what they have done
Aug 15, 2011 by Gabriel Oram | See all 3 posts
|Muppets:The Green Album Digital Version (?)||Be the first to reply|
|green album brings back memories||Be the first to reply|
|Muppet Show||Be the first to reply|