Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mural Painting Secrets For Success: Expert Advice For Hobbyists And Pros
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on November 1, 2008
I am a full time mural artist, however, I do not have my business all put together yet. I purchased "Mural Painting: Secrets For Success" because I am trying to get my hands on any information that will help me start and build my business. This book has been an incredible tool for me because it gives insightful words of wisdom from professionals who have been there themselves. I was pleasently surprised to read the humble beginnings of the showcased artists, as well as their down to earth, practical advice. The second half of the book privides useful painting tips and pictures of the artists work. I HIGHLY recomend this book to anyone who is trying to get some good, sound advice on getting started in, or amping up their business of mural painting.
I understand that a second book in in the works, and I can't wait to purchase it as well!
Michele Hopkins
on May 5, 2008
I spent last night reading through the book and I can honestly say I think it's one of the best and most interesting books on the market for decorative painting. You've brought together such a diverse group of decorative artisans with each of their own unique styles, which makes each new chapter a real pleasure to read and view.

I think the "Secrets to Success" and "Before they were painters" vignettes were the icing on the cake....In reading the brief snippets of how these masters got their start were inspirational as well as down-right funny in some cases (like Pascal Amblard saying the largest piece he'd ever painted prior to his first full-sized mural was a breakfast tray"!)

It makes the whole principal of decorative painting more "human" and
approachable because people who read the book who may be beginners or just starting to move from doing just faux finishes onto mural painting will see that everyone started somewhere, and that those who are passionate and practice can go far! Even the most experienced muralists and decorative painters will certainly enjoy this book, especially considering the wealth of paintings featured throughout the book and in the gallery section. Highly recommended!
on August 24, 2015
I have never painted a mural, just works on canvases. Was asked, then agreed to make a mural in the rec. hall at our RV park. Made a drawing and the manager liked it. OKay! But din't know where to start or even how to get it on the wall. I ordered this book and day by day the western scene grew to 15 feet by 6. It took me a month to finish (aprox. 4 hours a day). Each person that saw it for the first time said "Wow!" Funny, how that same word is stated every time. The manager is remodeling the hall with the main colors of my mural. If I didn't have the "Mural Painting" book i'd still be scratching my head. Thank you again, Amazon.
on December 1, 2008
I have about every faux and mural painting books that amazon carries, and this is one of my favorites. It's full of refreshing inspiration for the person that is looking for some new direction for their painting and decorating.
on December 12, 2010
This book covers a lot of technique to broaden a muralist's repertoire even if you've painted murals for over twenty years as I have. But the real gem of this book is in the Artist's Insights which give an honest glimpse into real life situations that any artist comes across in making a living with art commissions. Visually the book scores 5 stars with great pictures and an appealing layout of the text making it easy to flip through and get whatever information you are looking for in the moment. This book is 5 stars for what it does cover, but my 4 star rating simply comes from my wanting more discussion on the relevance of public and community mural making in the "Art World". It could just be that I should write a book that covers the subject I want to hear discussed and give Gary's book the 5 stars it deserves.
on September 30, 2009
This is the book for artists who already have knowledge in the Fine Arts. The book, 'Mural Painting Secrets For Success', provides facts about specific projects created by working artists. Educated fine artists are able to adapt these techniques to their own creative artwork. Mural painting requires expensive materials. If you are a creative fine artist with education and experience, who is interested in this field, purchase the book. The book is well written. Purchase 'Mural Painting Secrets For Success' if you are an educated, experienced fine artist with an interest in expanding into the field of mural painting.
on September 11, 2010
I really enjoy this book because it encompasses both the business and artistic aspects of murals. I find it inspirational because it is filled with advice and techniques from many different successful artists! I wish it was able to dive further into specific materials and techniques, but I understand that they can only share so much!
on May 31, 2008
I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the book! Amazing!!! It reaches all levels of painters, designers, artist, etc.... So much info which is easy to understand not to mention the breath taking techniques and result. And I love the special attention to the business side of it. You never really get that side. I think the book covers every angle.
on April 3, 2013
Mural Painting Secrets is a great reference for anyone who wants to improve their own home or who wants to make a business of painting.
on February 22, 2015
Great book for anyone! From a first-timer to an aspiring artist trying to make a profession out of this!