5.0 out of 5 stars The Highest Point in the World
Published on January 25, 2010 by Carol P.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent midlist effort.
A new series of books by Charles G. Irion and Ronald Watkins (the Summit Murder Series, planned for 7 books) has been pushed out with the premier volumes - ABANDONED ON EVEREST (Irion Books November 15, 2009) and MURDER ON EVEREST (Irion Books November 15, 2009) being set up as the initial entrants in this series. I've shown brief synopses, with review[s] afterward, for...
Published on February 15, 2010 by Hitch

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Highest Point in the World, January 25, 2010
Carol P. (New River, AZ) - See all my reviews
Charles Irion and Ronald Watkins are wordsmiths extraordinaire! Abandoned on Everest was an exciting preguel to Murder on Everest. As the story continues, more characters are introduced and the excitement builds to frenzy after frenzy, people literally dropping like flies, along with the temperatures. Bundle up in front of the fire and prepare yourself for an adventure you are not soon to forget. Can't wait for the next book in the series. This is the stuff that Book Clubs live for.

5.0 out of 5 stars I learned more about the art of climbing while reading this book., January 22, 2010
I love murder mysteries in general but I never have read one about a murder on Mt. Everest. Who would have thought to murder someone on Mt. Everest. How original!---It was well written and full of great information about climbing.

4.0 out of 5 stars A "you are there"mountain mystery, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Murder on Everest (Kindle Edition)
Photogenic murder mystery with enough twists to keep you guessing. Mt Everest is really the main character, and you feel like you are on the mountain. Good character development for a book of this sort. I will read the next book in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder on Everest, March 28, 2011
This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I am a lover of mysteries and this one hit me from all angles. The descriptions of the experiences from the preparation to the summit made me feel as if I were there on the expedition. The characters are well thought out and I am sure you will find that you know a few people like these - the opportunist, the snob, the overachiever.... all make the book that much more exciting. I didn't know anything about climbing until reading this book but felt every ache, pain and the overall physical agony of the climb. The book is as much about adventure as it is about murder. Can't wait to read the other books in the series as I am hoping that some of the characters return.

4.0 out of 5 stars The writer knows his stuff, February 25, 2011
Ever wonder what it feels like to climb the highest mountain in the world?

Reading `Murder on Everest' is about as close as you will get to experiencing it - and with an extra treat of a murder mystery to boot.

Charles Irion is a climber and he let's you feel the experience of scaling the world's highest mountain with all its chilling dangers as he weaves a murder plot with multiple plot lines that keeps you tuning page after to page.

So put on your hiking boots, lean back in your sleeping bag and take an exciting journey up Mt. Everest.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, December 28, 2010
This book is AMAZING...well written, great story and the fact that the author climbed Everest makes it even more spectacular. Way to go and look forward to the entire series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and Thrilling Novel, December 16, 2010
When I selected this book, I was intrigued by a murder on the most famous mountain in the world. Usually when I read a murder mystery, I am able to figure out who the murderer is halfway through, however, Murder on Everest kept me guessing until the very end while taking me on a harrowing adventure along the way. It was an addicting page turner that I was unable to put down! I highly recommend this book for any type of reader, for it appeals to all audiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly enjoyed this novel, November 19, 2010
I hadn't expected much when I began this read, having not heard of the author nor knowing anything about the series. It's few books I finish in a single sitting, but Murder on Everest was one of them. I found it to be a gripping story and, contrary to one of the other reviews here, I feel the interruptions to the narrative for historical or cultural context made the story all that much better. The detailed research presented was fascinating and incredibly well done. I, for one, look forward to reading the entire series. This book is one fine argument for the talent and quality readers can find in the self-published book market.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, March 23, 2010
I found this book to actually be a great read! It wasn't anything like I expected. There is plenty of suspense and drama and the writing is nicely detailed without going overboard. The characters were interesting and it kept my interest all through the book. The author seemed very knowledgeable of mountain climbing. I actually understood what he was trying to explain.
Overall a great read, but not one I would read over and over again. I think it is because it is not my usual type of book though, not because it wasn't well written. A great story to capture your interest all the way until the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars A riveting mystery replete with sex and betrayal, February 15, 2010
Collaborative written by the team of Charles G. Irion and Ronald L. Watkins, "Murder On Everest" begins with the death of Derek Sodoc on the slopes of Mt. Everest. The question arises as to whether the son of a wealthy and powerful man was accidental -- or intentional. A riveting mystery replete with sex and betrayal, "Murder On Everest" is highly recommended reading is the first of Irion and Watkins' proposed "Summit Murder Series" of murder mysteries, each of which will take place on one of the world's highest mountains on the seven continents.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›