5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!
Copied from my review of the first book in the series "Murder at Steeple Martin" - but I read all 10 books in a row, so in my head they're more like one long story (yeah, I like to watch TV show marathons too).

Published on October 19, 2012 by jaimilyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Regional
I read several Scottish and English series. This one did not appeal at all; I found many of the terms in the colloquial speach undecipherable and could never connect with the characters. Apparently I am in the minority, as Cookman has ten or so books published in this series. Perhaps someone more familiar with the area would enjoy them more.
Published 13 months ago by Auntie Annie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, October 19, 2012

If you're a fan of cozy mysteries, this is a great series to pick up - especially on their current sale price! I read the entire series straight through, and for the most part really enjoyed it. I'm a fan of English murder mysteries (recently discovered "Midsomer Mysteries" on TV and have been in heaven), and this is a great contribution to the genre.

The characters were relatable, dimensioned, and the heroines try their best to avoid Nancy Drew (or Miss Marple on that side of the pond) syndrome - their insistence that people should go talk to the police because they'll get there first anyway. Very refreshing :)

I hope there are more books coming!

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., November 21, 2012
An entertaining afternoon's read. Great characters, great location and I love the way she weaves historical events into her plots and story lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars Libby Sarjeant mysteries, September 29, 2012
These mysteries are engaging and smart. I have read 3 now and will read more. I usually read to wind down before sleep, so mysteries that do not have too much horror and gore are perfect for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, March 22, 2014
I found the discussion of the celtic customs of celebrating the first day of spring with Morris dancing and the Cornwall areas where the action took place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Purchase, January 12, 2014
We received what we expected with this purchase. Appreciate the detailed description. There is nothing unusual to report. Would buy again if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesley Cookman Mysteries, December 23, 2013
cmburke (Wilkes-Barre, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I have read 9 books in the Libby and Fran series. The characters are down to earth, nosey, and funny as they try to beat the police to the solutions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Regional, November 23, 2013
This review is from: Murder in the Green (Libby Sarjeant Murder Mysteries) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Morris mystery, August 17, 2013
I like the historical and modern day connections and the way both the women work together to solve the mystery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just discovered the Libby Sarjeant series and have now read every one. Love them, July 11, 2013
I like the way this is written - like all the Libby Sarjeant series - as if they are ordinary everyday people - not spies, government agents, but a regular housewife who is as nosey as the rest of us and ends up solving crimes. Love her

1.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like her writing, June 26, 2013
The writing was a bit, tongue in cheek! And, I think the story was too drawn out...there were too many characters early up....the gathered evidence was quite flimsy....and when Libby and Fran got bits of info, I think it unrealistic how they came to their conclusions.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Murder in the Green (Libby Sarjeant Murder Mysteries)
Murder in the Green (Libby Sarjeant Murder Mysteries) by Lesley Cookman (Paperback - January 3, 2011)
Used & New from: $0.50