5.0 out of 5 stars Maggie's Epic Battle with Doug!
Published on November 3, 2011 by Sheka

3.0 out of 5 stars Youth is nice
Heroine, Maggie, reminds me so much from my youth! Thinking a single woman can do anything and make her way into the world without help. Her dynamics with the mothers and/or married women is from youth as well; before reality comes into play you find out your friends are from your own status (non- married/mothers). Inclusion into social events are limited in real life...
Published 23 months ago by True single

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Julie Ramson's books, June 18, 2012
Irishmom (Alsip, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hell Hath No Fury Like.....Murder (Maggie Flaherty Murder Mystery Series #4) (Kindle Edition)
This is another book that I downloaded because it was a little cheaper than some of the newer books. Her books are interesting and funny too. Growing up in an Irish family I can relate to her family dynamics. Since that time I have downloaded and read all of Julie Ramson's books to date. I am waiting for her new book to be downloaded in July. I have to say that I get so engrossed in the book that I am disappointed that I only have 20% left on my battery and I have to stop reading and recharge the iTouch.
Irishmom

5.0 out of 5 stars Maggie's Epic Battle with Doug!, November 3, 2011
I am so glad to see Maggie is back, and at her best against arch rival Doug Hartmann. She brought the whole gang with her--MG, Sean, Sam, Digs and of course, Killer. I am partial to MG, since I am the older sister of a Maggie-like, smart-mouthed younger sister, and can identify with her nearly saintly patience! (Just kidding!) Anyway, this is a terrific story, and the elements are all there, with the side-stories of courtroom battles, the wedding, and Digs and his antics. (What is going on with him??) It kills me to wait for another book to find out! And also, again, the bad guy is a real surprise. So, I highly recommend this as a funny, smart read with lots of action, great characters, and a terrific ending. Congratulations Julie!! Hurry up with the next installment!

5.0 out of 5 stars lawyerette?? don't think so, October 19, 2011
I really didn't want this story to end; I wanted her to nail the guy who fired her for being 3rd rate. Maggie is contagious with her wit, sarcasm, smarts and vulnerability. How can one Irish redhead be all that?? The court descriptions are right on and there must have been a ton of research done with this book making it a must read!! Now for the next one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars i love Maggie!, October 14, 2011
i really am crazy about this lead character...she is sensible, practical, and funny as heck! I have followed the series from the first one, and this is the best ever...nasty ole Doug faces Miss Maggie in court...yay for Maggie! Thank you, Julie, for writing such engaging and enjoyable stories...With such realistic and appealing characters...keep them coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG! More please!!!!!!!!!, October 10, 2011
Dawn M. (Lake Charles, La) - See all my reviews
If you grew up loving Nancy Drew, then this is the series for you. This is a wonderful series filled with characters you come to know and love. I don't know how she does it but each book is better than the last and I didn't think it could get any better!!! I absolutely could not put this book down once I started reading it. While this story can be read alone, I find series to be most rewarding when reading start to finish.

Warning!!!! Hot man, Smart and sassy woman, Love able pooch + cliff hanger = An Unforgettable Read!!!!
This book will remain in your mind long after you have reached 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mysteries, murders and love, December 9, 2012
I have now read all the Maggie Flaherty murder mysteries offered. They were all entertaining reading, each book building on the storyline from the previous book. I live in the Chicago area where the books are set so it was familiar territory for me also. Recommended for anyone who wants a book that is hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is my favorite, November 28, 2012
Patricia (North Richland Hills, Texas) - See all my reviews
It is very interesting the way the author protray's Maggies character i in this book I am an avid fan of Julie Ramson

4.0 out of 5 stars Listen Up Lawyerettes, August 31, 2012
I bought this book on Wednesday night, started it Thursday and finished it Friday night on the way home from work. Hell Hath No Fury Like Murder is a fast paced read, filled with insights into the court process. I'm not a lawyer, so I found all the legal stuff really interesting and I'm not a gambler either so the whole casino angle was a fresh one to me.

Maggie and family really resonate with me, particularly Gram. I quite like the cranky old devil. All of the characters from the previous books are starting to feel like old friends to me now that I've read four of their adventures. The last line in the book caught me by surprise and there better be some fixing of that issue in the next novel or I'll probably be very upset on the train ride to work.

I really enjoy the novels in this series. They are definitely improving with each book. The story lines are getting more ambitious, and tighter, and the characters are getting more clearly defined. There are still some issues with grammar, incorrect - but correctly spelt - words, but there is a very noticeable improvement on that score to the previous ones.

Great book, strong characters - although honestly, Maggie does make some daft decisions, I'll blame the irish blood :P - and ever tightening plots, really make the Maggie Flaherty series well worth the cost to buy and the time to read.

Enjoy them for what they are; a light hearted, fast paced murder mystery that hooks the reader with awesome characters. Do yourself a favour and buy the lot. It will save you having to come back here every few days for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maggie Flaherty At Her BEST!, August 27, 2012
This has been mine favorite so far in this series. From the first page to the last, you cannot put this book down! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the battle of words and wit between the pompous "Doug" and Maggie. I cannot believe that more readers haven't discovered these books (or at least left reviews)! If you like Mystery, Murder, Humor and just want to be entertained with a good read, download one of the Maggie Flaherty Series, YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hell Hath No Fury, April 28, 2012
The book is a great read. The storyline moves along nicely, and the characters are well developed. A good component of the Maggie series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›