- File Size: 944 KB
- Print Length: 260 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: March 16, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00BVC1SSE
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,513 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $8.70 (87%)
The Murder at Sissingham Hall (An Angela Marchmont Mystery Book 1) Kindle Edition
|Length: 260 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Book 1 of 10 in An Angela Marchmont Mystery (10 Book Series)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Or visit us at clarabenson.com
Titles available in this series:
1. The Murder at Sissingham Hall
2. The Mystery at Underwood House
3. The Treasure at Poldarrow Point
4. The Riddle at Gipsy's Mile
5. The Incident at Fives Castle
6. The Imbroglio at the Villa Pozzi
7. The Problem at Two Tithes
8. The Trouble at Wakeley Court
9. The Scandal at 23 Mount Street
10. The Shadow at Greystone Chase
Top Customer Reviews
THE MURDER AT SISSINGHAM HALL isn't the best mystery I ever read--and I did suspect the murderer early on--but much of the pleasure for me is the setting, the conversation, the writing style. These did not fail to satisfy, and it was an excellent story (offered at a great price) as well.
The murderer's confession was brilliant!
As a general comment, I also agree with the reviewer who complained that some of the old books offered on Kindle don't show when they were written and I had to go online to find out.
I' like a little more detail in description of surroundings.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not an enjoyable book. The hero is so thick headed how could anyone care about him.Published 18 hours ago by Angela Babcock
The Murder at Sissingham Hall is a real treat for lovers of classic "Golden Age" British mystery novels who are running out of books in the genre to read. Read morePublished 19 hours ago by stewartbenner
I found The Murder at Sissingham Hall a most enjoyable cozy mystery. The book really does read as though it were written in a long ago era, just as the modern day author intended. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Marlene Ravey
Conjure up your best British accent. Shades of Agatha Christie. There's been a murder at Sissingham Hall! Read morePublished 1 day ago by Joyce M. Connor
The series has drawn a lot of discussion over the actual period of writing - IN the 1920s, or a clever late mimicry? I have tended to oscillate most of the way. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Sylvia A. Kelso
A somewhat standard fare English murder mystery among the upper crust at a country house with butlers and porters scurrying about and rather cardboard characters, but a perfectly... Read morePublished 11 days ago by halljo
I rather enjoyed the book. Even though I was pretty sure who the actual murderer was early on, it was a satisfying journey to reach the final conclusion.Published 15 days ago by Faith E Rynders
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Amateur Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > British Detectives
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Cozy
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Traditional Detectives
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths