Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 26, 1999
As the Director of the Intrafitt Performance Nutrition and Exercise Center at Gold's Gym, Venice for the past ten years, I've had the pleasure of working with thousands of professional, olympic, amateur and armchair athletes, clients with diabetes, heart conditions, medical concerns, dieting histories, life changes, families; people from every walk of life. I am also a professional adventure racer, and have my own nutrition and exercise program to adhere to. One of the best tools I have in my nutrition counseling is John Romano's Muscle Meals. Professionally, Muscle Meals teaches clients how to prepare extremely healthy gourmet meals, greatly increasing their compliance toward their fitness goal or body composition. Each recipe has a complete listing of it's nutritional breakdown and is presented in an easy to follow manner. The recipes and food ideas are simple and quick, with taste and diversity that would seem laborious, but take minutes, not a full day to prepare. Personally, since I've started using Muscle Meals recipes, people seem to miraculously appear at my doorstep and office entrance at meal times; I never knew I had so many hungry friends!! For our office and my kitchen, Muscle Meals is indispensible.
on April 27, 2000
If you can get past the goofy, narcistic illustrations in the book, the majority of the recipies are fairly good. However, it will help to know your way around the kitchen as some of the recipies need tinkering to make them either work or taste acceptable. Doubling up of some recipies (i.e. one with protien powder, one without)gives the impression that there are more recipies here than there really are. An average to good cookbook for serious bodybuilders trying to add muscle but are tired of the replacement meal in a blender routine. Would not recommend the book for someone who is looking to only loose weight. The nutritional information given is for large servings.
on July 27, 1999
Most recipes in the book start with good intentions and a few are actually good, but most lack flavor and the textures are off. This book would be good for someone just getting into a nutrition program, or someone who needed a great deal of guidance. I was disappointed with this book.
on October 19, 1999
I bought this book because of a few positive reviews. I guess I should've noticed that they were all posted on the same day with similar wording. Very suspicious, but they can't cover up for a bad book. This is absolutely the worst diet book I've ever read. Poorly executed with lousy food.
on November 3, 1999
As much as I tried this book just didn't work for me. I feel there are many better diet/exercise books on the market that will give you much more for your money.
on January 17, 2013
I was so excited to get this book but it was terrible. Almost every meal has tofu recipes......gross! It didnt cost me very much coming from Goodwill which was good because the book wasn't at all what I was looking for.
on November 3, 1999
Someone forged a positive review with my name on October 27, claiming to retract my original review. They used an old e-mail address and location and put slanderous words in my mouth! I won't go into the personal details here (but that bogus review had them 100% wrong!). I'll simply say that I stand by my original 1 star review. I am very suspicious of all positive reviews on this page. You should be too. This is a bad book. Don't waste your money here.
on October 21, 1999
I wanted to like this book, but I found the science and diet advice confusing and contradictory.
on October 9, 1999
I wanted to like this book, but there is nothing about it that works. From the photography to the writing style to the bland recipies with faulty nutritional advice, Romano's book is a car wreck as a bodybuilding diet book. I guess sometimes you can judge a book by its cover. I wish I'd avoided this one.
on October 14, 1999
I am a very good cook and for years, when going on a low fat regime, I have found it impossible to make food without fat tasty, until, I found this book. Mr. Romano has come up with recipes that are flavorful, easy to assemble and truly low fat!The format of the book is terrific. The recipes are easy to follow, his comments are entertaining, as well as helpful, and the art works are a scream! In the past three months, my husband has lost 20 lbs and didn't even realize that I had him on a "diet." Might I also add, that I find Ms. Beatty's comments very interesting considering her picture is on the back cover of this book and the book is dedicated to her!! And that it was because of Mr. Romano's diet counsel that she placed third in the Ms. Olympia contest.