5.0 out of 5 stars personally and professionally indispensible
Published on October 26, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Use the book to gain muscle, not loose fat
Published on April 27, 2000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars personally and professionally indispensible, October 26, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Muscle Meals: Delicious, low-fat, high-protein recipes [A Cookbook to Build Muscle and Lose Fat!] (Hardcover)
As the Director of the Intrafitt Performance Nutrition and Exercise Center at Gold's Gym, Venice for the past ten years, I've had the pleasure of working with thousands of professional, olympic, amateur and armchair athletes, clients with diabetes, heart conditions, medical concerns, dieting histories, life changes, families; people from every walk of life. I am also a professional adventure racer, and have my own nutrition and exercise program to adhere to. One of the best tools I have in my nutrition counseling is John Romano's Muscle Meals. Professionally, Muscle Meals teaches clients how to prepare extremely healthy gourmet meals, greatly increasing their compliance toward their fitness goal or body composition. Each recipe has a complete listing of it's nutritional breakdown and is presented in an easy to follow manner. The recipes and food ideas are simple and quick, with taste and diversity that would seem laborious, but take minutes, not a full day to prepare. Personally, since I've started using Muscle Meals recipes, people seem to miraculously appear at my doorstep and office entrance at meal times; I never knew I had so many hungry friends!! For our office and my kitchen, Muscle Meals is indispensible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Use the book to gain muscle, not loose fat, April 27, 2000
By A Customer
If you can get past the goofy, narcistic illustrations in the book, the majority of the recipies are fairly good. However, it will help to know your way around the kitchen as some of the recipies need tinkering to make them either work or taste acceptable. Doubling up of some recipies (i.e. one with protien powder, one without)gives the impression that there are more recipies here than there really are. An average to good cookbook for serious bodybuilders trying to add muscle but are tired of the replacement meal in a blender routine. Would not recommend the book for someone who is looking to only loose weight. The nutritional information given is for large servings.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought it would be, July 27, 1999
By A Customer
Most recipes in the book start with good intentions and a few are actually good, but most lack flavor and the textures are off. This book would be good for someone just getting into a nutrition program, or someone who needed a great deal of guidance. I was disappointed with this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY BAD BOOK, October 19, 1999
I bought this book because of a few positive reviews. I guess I should've noticed that they were all posted on the same day with similar wording. Very suspicious, but they can't cover up for a bad book. This is absolutely the worst diet book I've ever read. Poorly executed with lousy food.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, November 3, 1999
By A Customer
As much as I tried this book just didn't work for me. I feel there are many better diet/exercise books on the market that will give you much more for your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars I DO NOT RETRACT MY REVIEW!, November 3, 1999
By A Customer
Someone forged a positive review with my name on October 27, claiming to retract my original review. They used an old e-mail address and location and put slanderous words in my mouth! I won't go into the personal details here (but that bogus review had them 100% wrong!). I'll simply say that I stand by my original 1 star review. I am very suspicious of all positive reviews on this page. You should be too. This is a bad book. Don't waste your money here.

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing science book, October 21, 1999
By A Customer
I wanted to like this book, but I found the science and diet advice confusing and contradictory.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly written, bad recipies, unattractive cover, October 9, 1999
By A Customer
I wanted to like this book, but there is nothing about it that works. From the photography to the writing style to the bland recipies with faulty nutritional advice, Romano's book is a car wreck as a bodybuilding diet book. I guess sometimes you can judge a book by its cover. I wish I'd avoided this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars UGH!, January 17, 2013
I was so excited to get this book but it was terrible. Almost every meal has tofu recipes......gross! It didnt cost me very much coming from Goodwill which was good because the book wasn't at all what I was looking for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply gross recipes, April 27, 2012
I had very high hopes for this book. Unfortunately, most of the recipes were pretty gross. Most are pretty bland. This book just collects dust now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›