4.0 out of 5 stars Change in formula but for the better I think
Seems the formula for "Light" has changed. The old ones in the 4-pack have 15g protein, 100 calories and no sugar. The new ones in the 24-pack have 20g protein, 150 calories and 3g sugar (fructose). They actually seem very similar to regular Muscle Milk, with less fat.

Published on May 29, 2011 by J. Michaud

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest review from modest consumer/lifter
OK I work out and use protein. That's about it, no other wacky products and maximizing gains is not a goal so much as just being healthy and getting protein. So if you care about how these kinds of products taste and work, then this is the review for you.

Published on January 19, 2011 by KANE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest review from modest consumer/lifter, January 19, 2011
This review is from: Muscle Milk Light 8.25-Ounce Chocolate 24-Count (Health and Beauty)

Actually it's pretty simple. This stuff tastes VERY MEDIOCRE. That is to say, I rate it just slightly better than say a weight loss shake type product. It is quite convenient no doubt, but no way does this taste even a quarter as good as say 100% whey's products or even syntha-6.

With that said this is "ready to drink" so it is portable. Also, it is not horrible tasting, just not pleasant. Don't drink it thinking it is refreshing like chocolate milk. It is NOT. But in addition to being portable it also has a decent profile; fair amount of protein and limited amount of anything else (calories/other crap).

So in conclusion if you want a lean protein drink and can mix it yourself, 100% Whey blows this stuff out of the water. But for a ready to drink product I have had worse, and it is tolerable and gets the job done. Now you know!

4.0 out of 5 stars Change in formula but for the better I think, May 29, 2011

At first, I wasn't excited about the sugar. But they do taste better than the old ones. There is still a bit of a diet taste, but it's greatly improved. In fact, when I had a regular Muscle Milk a week later it was almost toxically sweet. So I may start use these as a replacement for the regular.

If anyone wants to try something great-tasting with no sugar and lower fat than even the Light, check out the Labrada Lean Body RTD. I think it's superior to the MM RTD, even though I drink both.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best protein instant shake I've found yet..., July 7, 2010
I'm not sure about the reformulation mentioned in other reviews- as the packaging here looks different compared to on the Amazon search page (the search results picture packaging is what I've tasted). The chocolate shakes of muscle milk light are quite good as far as protein shakes go. And 100 cals and 15g protein is the perfect size AND they are whey protein with NO SOY protein. I avoid processed soy as much as possible. These do taste a tid bit chalky, but far less than others I've tasted. I'm looking to buy more, and was hoping to find a better price online, but at $2 each shake box, I can get a better deal locally, 4pk are just under $7...

5.0 out of 5 stars Price per bottle online vs Costco's price, September 15, 2013
Robert M. Nall (Indianapolis, Indiana) - See all my reviews
I don't know why anyone would buy this product online when you can get a 24 pack of the same thing at Costco for half the price with the $5.00 off coupon which is frequently offered. This is a good product and I used it daily, but the online cost is excessive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful, October 30, 2009
I have used this product for the past 6 months as a meal replacement substitute, and as an after workout refreshment. I am satified with the cost and the ease of obtaining the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Change in Formula from 15g to 20g --- this stuff tastes nasty! bring the old formula back!, January 7, 2014
So dissapointed they changed the formula.. This stuff is nasty.. very thick, does not taste like the old formula at all! Bring back the old formula muscle milk!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of "LITE" & "100 Calories", November 28, 2014
Although this is "LITE" buyer beware. This has 140 calories plus "sugar". Those of you who cannot have sugar or watching your weight be sure to buy only the "100 calorie no sugar". Now back in 2009 & 2010 this same brand was called "muscle milk lite" & was only 100 calories per 8.25 ounce & was sold at SAMs Club. Then the company changed its packaging & calories & added sugar to the LITE. TODAY IN ORDER TO GET NO SUGAR & 100 CALORIES, you have to look for the packaging with the bold "100" on the carton. Trust me 140 calories along with the added sugar in 8.25 oz, you will gain weight so be careful........ By far this BRAND is the best out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, August 4, 2014
I had enjoyed the first half of my case, but when I started opening the containers, probably from the other side of the case, I began finding chunky, congealed, sour smelling liquid. I took pictures of it, and emailed Muscle Milk. They seemed very interested, and wanted all the lot information, and even made it sound like they intended to replace the bad product. Several more emails were exchanged, and then nothing. When I inquired about the replacement a week later, they told me to take it up with Amazon. There are plenty of youtube videos of the chunky liquid, so buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the taste, I drink it every day!, September 6, 2014
I love the taste of it. Been drinking it for 3 years, every day! Of course it doesn't taste like real chocolate milk, but it is more than fine for us chocolate lovers. There is no chalky taste like some protein drinks. Sure it doesn't pack that high protein gram punch, but 20 grams is more than fine for the time of day when I drink it.

Not to get gross, but the Light will not give you gas... as does the regular Muscle Milk, or like some of the other protein drinks (or bars) do. No gas here ;-X

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulk makes it easy to shop., July 6, 2014
Nice to purchase in bulk.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›