4.0 out of 5 stars A great overall stylus
Published 14 months ago by Kamol Jirapatnakul

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not picky but jeez...
I don't like writing negative reviews, however if I can help someone look a little longer when they are shopping for items I will. This stylus looked great when it arrived, it was not cheap looking and had a nice grip. I immediately wanted to try it out on my samsung tablet.

Published 13 months ago by Reese :)

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not picky but jeez..., December 15, 2013
This review is from: Musemee Notier V2 (Black) - The World's Most Precision Stylus for iPad, iPhone etc (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Upon use, I noticed the stylus wasn't consistent and what I mean by that is, when I drew a straight line the second or third line was wiggly. I wanted to give this product a fair chance, so I tried to see if it would straighten itself out but it just didn't. When I tried to draw a circle, it looked like a half circle. At this point I knew it was just too much, because I have been drawing with my finger and even my short stubby fingers could draw a circle.

Sadly I had to return the stylus and I'm currently looking for a decent one that does what it's supposed to be capable of doing.

I'm not a picky person nor someone expecting this product to write for itself, I just wanted something that could draw a straight line and write letters.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great overall stylus, November 7, 2013
I previously bought a different stylus with a rubber tip and I have to say, it was great if you were just tapping away at things. But, if you want precision, this is the stylus to get. It's GREAT for drawing or writing. As well, it's incredibly smooth - it flows across my iPad. It's about the length of a pen, which I like. Other styluses felt too short and as a result, were a little uncomfortable to use after some time. The only problem with this stylus is that the tip is supposedly somewhat fragile - but keep in mind that the stylus itself comes with a spare. I bought another set of replacement tips just in case. Overall, if you're looking for a stylus that you want for drawing or writing, get this. As for the price, yes, it's a little steep, but I think it's absolutely worth the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a pen. For your touchscreen. Brilliant!, April 23, 2014
I rarely proselytize about common tools like styli, but this is important. I've shown it to several like-minded friends and they were all impressed (one actually ordered one on the spot!), so hopefully you will be too.

Some quirks:
* The plastic disc. Don't take it off, it's part of the tip. I haven't had to replace the tip yet, but I'm guessing the conductive component is a wire or something and the disc is there (1) to stabilize it and (2) so you can see more or less where it's making contact with the screen. It's weird but it works.

* The grip. There isn't one. That alone is why I can only give it 4 stars. It's not hard to buy pen grips from the office supply store down the road, and it looks nicer without one, but I'd rather have a pen--er, stylus--that doesn't slip out of my sweaty hands.

* You'll need to periodically clean off the disc and your screen. I can't speak to the matter of scratching the glass because I have a screen protector, but I have noticed when I've been scribbling a while it snags a bit. No fancy chemicals needed, just a soft cloth should do the trick. (I also run my fingernail across the disc to check for tiny rough spots.)

Some awesomeness:
* While the business end is a little fragile on account of that disc-thingy, the back end is hollow. Why would they do that? Well, so you can unscrew it at the middle, flip the writing half around, put the disc end into the hollow half, and screw it back together. Genius.

* Its weight and balance are unparalleled. No stubby kindergarten styli here! This feels exactly like a pen and rests against the crook of your hand exactly where it's supposed to.

* The price ($15 at the time I ordered) cannot be beat.

* You get one spare tip with it, so if someone else opens the mail and breaks the disc off before you get to try it out, never fear. Although the instructions are a little vague and I'm not looking forward to having to replace the tip on mine.

In summary: If I had one wish for this stylus, it wouldn't even be a grip. It would be a built-in clip or something to attach it to other things, like pockets and iPad cases, because I take it simply everywhere. I desperately wanted to write things in my iPad, but most of the options available were those horrid rubbery tipped things that squeak against the screen, to whom "precision" is either a legend or perhaps a droll joke. I've tried several of them and wasn't happy. (Thanks Amazon for your fantastic return policy!) All I wanted was to feel like I was holding, and writing with, a legitimate analog pen in this digital age, and this does the trick.

UPDATE 5/10/14: I'm still in love with this thing. Finally had to replace the tip and it was actually quite easy. Turns out the small black bit (just before the ballpoint if this were an ink pen), it's just a ˝" rubber-ish post. You just grab it with tweezers, or wedge something under it, and pull it straight out away from the pen barrel. Then slide the new one back in the same way, making sure to press the flat tip down on an equally flat surface to get it seated all the way in. That's it!

4.0 out of 5 stars 5-Star Stylus if if just has a pocket clip, January 28, 2014
UPDATE: Jan 11, 2015

I used this product for about 8 months and ended up going back to my Wacom Duo. The Musemee was a good stylus, and I still think the 4 star rating is accurate (though I think 3 stars would be appropriate in light of this update), but in the end the tapping noise was too loud, and the control of the stylus was still not good enough. At this point, I don't think there are any good options for iPad owners. I had a Galaxy note phone with a Wacom Digital stulys with 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, and that was better. Still, that did not replace the pen-on-paper writing experience. Musemee has done a good job, but the loud noise, lack of pen clip, and difficult control left me looking back to my Wacom Due capacitive stylus.

Prior Review from Jan, 2014:

I bought the Adonit Jot before I bought the Musemee Notier V2. I went with the Jot because it had an ink pen and a pen clip. You can read my review of the Adonit Jot Flip (at the link at the bottom of this review) and why I sent it back in favor of the Musemee Notier V2.

The Notier V2 writes amazingly well, in fact, I would say you get an experience that is 95% the same as the pen-on-paper writing feel. The Notier has very good weight and feel in your hand, and the tip has an almost complete range of motion. It's really an incredible stylus and I heartily recommend it.

The only gripe I have with it is that it has no clip. I don't own any other pens without clips. This seems odd. I assume they were going for the sleek look and perfect weighting, but I would really like a clip so I can put it in my jacket, my pocket, or clip it to my iPad case. As it is, it easily slips out.

That said, I just put it in a rather inconvenient pocket in my bag and dig it out when I need it. A small price to pay for an exceptional stylus!

My review of the Adonit Jot Flip:

1.0 out of 5 stars Just bad, February 16, 2014
I contacted the company first after having this issue but they were absolutely no help so now I'm leaving a review. I bought this stylus recently after extensive research. It doesn't get recognized y the iPad mini all the time but with patience it worked. My issue? I'm left handed and have to use a little bit more force when writing on my ipad. The tip broke within a day! The company told me to use the spare tip so I did. It too broke. The plastic tip broke right off while writing. And when I sent them a photo they had the nerve to say it was by brute fore and they couldn't replace it. Even if I had dropped it (which I didn't), the tips should NOT break off that easily. Styluses drop all the time, they should be built to handle that. I am disappointed both with the quality and the customer service. I would not recommend this product to ANYONE,

4.0 out of 5 stars Precise and Quiet; Inexpensive Replacements, February 10, 2014
I'm back in college for another degree, after deciding that I desperately needed a career change. I decided from the get-go that I would attempt to use my iPad for all of my note-taking needs, and while it took some getting used to in the beginning, I've become a solid convert over the past couple of years. Seriously, two full-time years of notes at my fingertips any time I need them? It's so convenient, and when classmates ask me to share my notes, it's ridiculously easy to just shoot the notes in an email directly from my iPad.

But, I digress. If you're going to be taking handwritten notes on an iPad, the first thing you need (after a good note-taking app) is a good stylus. For handwriting, I'm a big fan of a stylus with a precision tip; there are some instances in which a rubber or microfiber tip is a better choice for a particular writing task, but 95% of the time, I reach for a precision stylus. Before purchasing the Notier V2, I was using the Adonit Jot stylus, which I thought was the best stylus around. The main problem I had with the Jot was the fact that replacement tips (which I found myself needing quite often) cost more than I wanted to pay... but I really had no choice if I wanted a functional stylus. The Notier comes with extra tips right off the bat, and purchasing additional replacement tips is considerably less expensive than with the Jot.

Another turnoff I found with the Jot was the noisy "tap, tap, tap" on the iPad screen as I furiously kept up with lectures. (I know that a lot of people prefer typing over handwriting, but I find that I retain information a LOT better when I physically write each word; plus, I like to draw pictures!) Anyway, enter the Musimee Notier V2: not only are the stylus tips inexpensive, the buffer created by the rubber core makes writing SO much quieter than with the "tappy" Jot tip. In class, I'd always get so self-conscious and worried that the tapping was bothering or annoying other people, so the Notier not only made writing less annoying for me, it also relieved my anxiety about bothering other people (and, if my fears were true, it also made my writing less annoying for everyone else).

Why do I keep talking about the replacement tips? Well, one downfall of the Notier is that the tips are EXTREMELY easy to break. Over time, I have learned to be more careful when using the stylus, but during the first week of use, I broke two of my three tips. If the tip snags on anything (for instance, my sweater, as I went to sweep my hair behind my shoulders with the stylus in my hand), it will almost assuredly break. The rubber is very weak. Fortunately, as stated before, the company provides replacement tips with the purchase of the stylus, and although I have become less careless about handling it, I ordered a couple of extra replacement tip packs to have on hand just in case-- at the low cost, it seemed silly not to!

All-in-all, this is a smooth-writing precision stylus that is easy on the budget and very quiet against the iPad glass (relatively speaking, of course). Cheaper than the Adonit Jot, on top of being a superior product. Musimee gets an solid A from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Stylus for iPad!! Be sure to get replacement cartridges too, October 20, 2013
Gary S. Briggs (Los Gatos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have tried numerous styluses and this is by far the easiest to write with, and also the most durable! Highly recommend it and be sure to get the replacement cartridges!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, December 19, 2013
I bought this one and also a red one for my mother. We love them. It is so much easier to write and draw with this stylus than the standard ones and they aren't ridiculously expencive!

4.0 out of 5 stars good precision, February 22, 2014
I bought this stylus so that I could take notes and be more precise. I've had it for a month and overall I really like it. But every now and then the iPad screen doesn't seem to realize I'm trying to write, and I have to use my finger for a couple letters. It seems to be worse when my screen is dirty. I also use a Survivor iPad case, so that extra layer of plastic might have something to do with it. Also, if there is dirt on your screen, and you try to write over it with this stylus, you may scratch your screen/screen protector. I just make sure to wipe my screen off before I use the stylus now, and it doesn't happen as often.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not responsive at all, January 30, 2014
I saw good reviews on this stylus And purchased it for my new Google Nexus 7 but when I received it it was not responsive. If you just need to draw one continuous line or scribble around for a bit it will start to write however I am a student who needs to quickly take notes on my tablet so I can't afford that luxury. It skips way too much to even make my writing legible. I tried switching the angle I hold the pen, replacing the tip, and even pressing down harder but I'm afraid if I press down any harder I will damage my screen...