Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 22, 2012
Bought this for my Lenovo Thinkpad x230 to go along with my 500GB 7200rpm spinning disk. The Mushkin Direct Atlas Deluxe 120GB mSATA is my O/S drive loaded with Win7 pro. Cold starts take about 20 seconds to usable desktop. This thing is super responsive and a delight to use. Love SSD!

Oh, one other thing. Formatted this drive shows 119GB available. So if you're thinking about the difference between the 128GB drives and 120GB drives, I don't think there is a difference. I think it's just the way the manufacturers list capacity (differently).
on January 21, 2013
After reading about the value of using a SSD as a boot disk, I looked far and wide for the right way to get the benefits in a laptop without having to give up a high capacity hard drive too. Nearly all the 2-hard-drive solutions required the purchase of a 17" screen size laptop, which is larger than I want to transport around.
I looked at some of the hybrid drives (500GB regular disk with approx 12 GB of SSD embedded, all within one drive), but they don't let you truly assign a drive to your operating system - the drive is smart enough to try to adjust things to be most efficient, but it's a compromise, and with only 12-16 GB of SSD, they wouldn't be able to hold the large programs (like Adobe CS) as well.

Lenova was one of the few laptops that support an mSATA port on the motherboard - effectively letting me add a dedicated SSD drive for my boot drive, while keeping the factory 500 GB (or larger) drive.

I bought this Mushkin for a Lenovo Y480. Installing the Muskin was fairly simple, although securing it required using a specialty screw that was neither already on the motherboard, nor shipped with the Mushkin drive. Thankfully, I had another dead laptop from days gone by, and found a compatible screw to steal from it. I would NOT have installed the Muskin drive without the screw - it would have eventually jiggled loose causing a data loss and possible physical damage to the laptop. So - before you begin your install, open everything up and check to see if there is already a screw in the mounting position (you only need one), and if not, visit a computer store (or someplace else? suggestions?) to get one.

Once installed, it truly made a difference. Wake from sleep is how I use my laptop most, and before the Muskin install it took 15-20 seconds. With the Mushkin installed it takes 2-5 seconds. That's a world of difference in usability.

Why Mushkin? It had some of the best reliability reviews, both here on Amazon and on one of the other big tech equipment sales websites. And so far (2 months) it hasn't let me down.

Most importantly, it was money very, very well spent. It's the most effective upgrade I think you can do to any PC, and particularly to a laptop that goes into sleep mode when not in use.
on January 1, 2014
I have an Asus W500 tablet that came with an anemic 32gb SSD drive. With the help of two mSata adapters I also purchased from Amazon, I was able to clone the old to the new in about 20 minutes. I was thinking of going to a 256gb SSD, but it took over a year to fill the 32gb, so I think I'll muddle along with the 120gb SSD. By the time it gets full or start to loose sectors, the prices may have come down further on the 256gb or even 512gb SSD'd. If the tablet is still alive by then, I'll pickup a larger capacity drive and repeat the clone over again. It's been 30 plus days of daily use with no problems. Boot time is about 1-2 seconds slower, whether it's the hardware or the larger drive size, I'm still up and running in under 20 seconds. I would recommemd this product.
on November 28, 2012
Just as fast as my Kingston Hyper X SSD in another laptop (wife's). Upon loading into windows 8 the little spinny dots thing goes around twice and you're in. Probably 50% full too of programs and games. Great way to add secondary storage w/o using an ultrabay or some other means. Msata hasnt seem much in the way of deals though, sad. At 76 pennies per GB is not great compaired to even high end standard sized 2.5" SSD.
on January 13, 2013
I got this mssd to install it in my new Sony vaio T that comes with 32GB samsung mssd for caching linked with 500GB Hitachi hard drive 5400 rpm. after installing this mssd the boot up speed decrease to around 15 sec. the battery life increased by 30-40 mins. all programs loud fast. I read some reviews about this mssd heat the max i got is 40c which is minimum temp. laptop read/write is 554/525 mb/sec which is extremely fast. I can confirm that sony vaio T has 6 Gb/sec mssd controller. if you are on the market and your laptop has 6 Gb/sec controller I 100% recommend this mssd. Amazon thank you for fast shipping and service.
review image
on August 10, 2012
Getting tired of how hot my MacBook ran, I bought a Lenovo E430. Up upon recieving it I realized there was an mSATA/WWAN slot. I have no use for WWAN, so I looked into mSATA knowing really nothing about it. I came across this drive and its stellar reviews. They are all good reviews for a reason... this drive is top notch. My experience with SSD's are limited in general and also to SATA II, and this drive is SATA III. But after some careful research, I found that my computer actually only has a mSATA II port. I guess with mobile Intel mobos there are two SATA III and somethign like four SATA II inputs. The regular HDD and optical take up the two SATA III's leaving the mSATA with only a II. But even so, this drive blows any other drive I have experienced out of the water. I would love to throw it in a SATA III slot and see the 80,000 iops in action, but I am pretty content having <10 sec boot (Arch Linux w/ systemd*) and instant wake from sleep.

All in all, if you are in the market for an mSATA drive, I would stop on this page (or maybe the 60GB or 240GB depending on your needs) for you have found the supreme SSD being.

*I had doubts about systemd, having used sysv forever, and knowing that it reliably booted my computer for years... plus with the SSD it was down to around 16-18 sec, so that was fast enough... right... Systemd seemed a bit overy complicated and was just change where I didn't feel totalyl comfortable with change, but with Arch Linux the switch was easy and first boot my jaw dropped. Not including time to POST systemd reports a 4.7 sec boot time, and that IS using an initrd. Also, it should be noted that I log into a virtual console and start my GUI with xinit or startx as I only launch X when I need it... so I am not sure what booting to a graphical run level might be, time wise.
on November 7, 2012
I installed this in a Lenovo Y580 Laptop and set this up as the primary hard drive. This Mushkin SSD is FAST!

This Mushkin SSD was ordered at the same time as I ordered the laptop and it arrived in 2 days. Fast shipping.
on September 7, 2015
I own two laptops, a Clevo P370SM and Lenovo G700. I bought this for the G700. Since this is mSATA and the G700 doesn't have an mSATA port, I popped it into the P370SM try it out. I ended up making it my primary drive (runs a dual boot Linux/Win7 boot) and it's worked flawlessly. I shifted the old SSD (Samsung 840 Pro) to a storage drive for gaming.
For the price ($65) the size/speed is excellent. I don't regret buying this drive at all, and the mSATA form factor is very nice for space and power consumption.
on April 24, 2013
Installed it on Gigabyte mobo and used it as primary Boot drive. Is fast. Computer system almost feels empty when there are no drives or add-ins :-)
aso tested it as caching drive with 1 TB HDD under Windows. Works great
on January 8, 2016
This thing gets HOT, having a hard time using it in my beebox n3000 without active cooling. Be wary of this one for small form-factor pcs, it will need adequate cooling. I cannot recommend this for a replacement laptop mSATA ssd. I may come back and add temps if I get an infrared thermometer but I wouldn't dare touch it with my hand during operation. Read/Write performance is adequate, about what you'd expect from other drives in this price range.