- Audio CD (May 20, 2003)
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Favored Nations
- ASIN: B000095J1B
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (32 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #268,953 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Music for Speeding
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
It took some time to grow on me, but in the end I'm glad I didn't pass by this CD in a record store. Marty takes stagnating genre of virtuoso guitar instrumentals and breathes new life into it by incorporating various new elements. And he proves to be a very good composer and arranger, too. Some say that he has improved dramatically since his previous works, a statement I cannot yet confirm. But the composition skills shown on "Music for Speeding" are non less than excellent.
- "Gimme a Dose" is a frantic shred-fest based on a groovy thrashing rhythm-section. Perfect choice for an album starter, as it sets the mood for the rest of the album.
- "Fuel Injection Stingray" continues in the same way, only that Marty plays soaring melodic lines instead of ripping solos of the 1st track. These two tracks sound very similar to what Megadeth played on their landmark "Rust in Peace". This song also brings in some fast pulsing synth lines in the background, thus giving a hint that we're in for some novelty with this CD.
- "Ripped" rises the tempo even higher. This energetic instrumental is the real music for speeding. Sports cars enthusiasts are going to love it. It has a peculiar electronic section in the middle, where the rhythm section plays what sounds as almost trip-hop. But it quickly gives way to more shredding, which in term changes with some tender melodic licks played over tight metal rhythm, followed by another impressive fast solo. Perfect! Just perfect!Read more ›
Zero to sixty in three seconds. Marty shifts into high metal gear and never lets up. Some instrumental CDs become boring after a while, not Music For Speeding. It's got a nice blend of heavy stuff, melodic ballads, and experimental sounds. I will admit that the techno aspects take a little getting used to, but there are only a few tracks that have it, and there's plenty of rock mixed in with it. Marty proves that he's a unique guitar talent and more than just a metal shredder.
1. A Megadeth (thrash metal) fans... you will love "Salt In The Wound", "Cat Fight", "Full Injection Stingray" (Racing Car music) & "Gimme A Dose".
2. A Cacophony/Jason Becker (fast/insane shred) fans... you will love: "0-7-2" (classical, arpeggio things) & "Ripped".
3. If you love Marty's romantic/beautiful music (like Scenes or Introduction album), then you should love: "Love Sorrow", "Lust For Life", "Novacaine Kiss" & "Corazon De Santiago" (bluesy track).
You will find Marty's NEW MUSIC on these tracks: "Cheer Rampage Girl", "It's The Unrealthing" & "Nasty Machine". Others said that Marty did not make ANY new music, that's NOT TRUE! :(
In my opinion, "Love Sorrow" is the best instrumental that Marty ever wrote! Very thematic! It's even better than "Thunder March" or "Arrival"!
If you buy it's Japanese Version, it has 2 cool bonus tracks: "Transistor" and "Thais"!
Marty made this album for almost 7 years!!! I found so many improvement in his musicality! "Music For Speeding" is his BEST SOLO ALBUM ever! You won't believe it until you buy it! SO BUY IT NOW! :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great is a Item! Just what I was looking for. Get em before they're gone. Great addition to my collection of music.Published on September 2, 2013 by James E Fulkerson
Two years before making his debut with California thrash titans Megadeth, guitarist Marty Friedman pulled an Ozzy by setting out on his own, and with his unique, eponymous... Read morePublished on May 23, 2013 by A. Stutheit
This album is great for driving! gets the blood going! Warning: you may drive aggressively while listening to this album.Published on December 6, 2012 by KD
It seems to me that Marty Friedman is a perpetual perfectionist!
This Album/CD is very impressive! Read more
The item got here a lot quicker than I ever expected. No problems at all. Very happy with the transaction.Published on October 26, 2011 by Cory
"Music for Speeding" is an instrumental album by the American guitarist Marty Friedman. It was produced by Marty in 2003, and he wrote all the songs. Read morePublished on August 16, 2011 by Logan S.
This album consist of thirteen tracks of instrumental rock music with a variety of variations bubbling away throughout. Read morePublished on March 18, 2011 by Paul Lawrence