Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on November 13, 2012
First, Barbra sounded amazing!!! All the other performers were great as well... Now the disappointment, the show was edited way too much! It felt rushed and the magic of the night was taken away. They should have kept the introductions and unedited all the performances from the night. Barbra did a beautiful medley of her hits and Make Someone Happy, which was removed for some reason?! A proper release should have been done to celebrate a one of our greatest voices.
33 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
I just finished watching the DVD and was very disappointed! The show is heavily edited and only shows Barbra Streisand Performing two songs. The DVD is only approx one hour and the entire show has such a hurried pace to it showing one performer after another singing one of Barbara's songs! It would have been nice if the producer of this DVD could have featured the entire show because I know that Barbra sang more than 2 songs! For the true Barbra Fan who needs to be a completist and own everything that she comes out with, I would still buy it but be warned there isnt much of Barbra on the DVD!
on November 15, 2012
Barbra is great and, actually, mesmerizing in her performances. The other performers are wonderful but, like someone else wrote, would have liked a bit more of the event on the DVD thus the 3 stars. The entire event seems a bit rushed and unfocused. I am sure the evening was more impressive than this. Anyway, its still great to see and hear these singers.
on October 14, 2013
the singers very nice......................but what Bill Maher was doing there..............instead to talk about Barbra,..........spent like 10 minutes talking about Boehner and the Republicans.........disgusting......
on December 23, 2012
It was worth the cost even though it doesn't show the tribute only the singers who sing songs associated with Barbra. Lea Michele, Faith Hill and Bill Maher (who was the only celebrity that spoke) was worth the money. I also noticed one man who I didn't recognize (and I'm in the entertainment field) was close captioned often and I never seen him before. Lack of Streisand being the focus also annoyed me, but I love Barbra and would pay to hear her read the alphabet.
on June 21, 2014
I'm very happy with the album, as I was after one song, sung by Seal... "Guilty."... The price was super and the delivery was prior to stated date. I saw this concert on AXS.TV and I wanted the Seal song, reading some other reviews, people were disapointed that the concert was edited for the CD. I found that the CD was the same as what I saw on TV. It's a great tribute to Barbara. Enjoy
on February 16, 2013
There is nothing that I can say really she is my complete favourite singer and not only that being Jewish I am so proud of the help she has given to Israel and to her help to charities all over the world and also she is the kind of person that does not brag about anything
on November 26, 2012
Just received the Music Cares tribute. The tribute was very moving from all the performers. The highlight for
me was hearing and seeing her actually sing the two songs from the Bergman collection. Quite moving!!
Robin Iveson
on December 23, 2012
After getting past the first performer who was just not my thing and hearing how sadly bad Stevie Wonder was who has always been so great-the rest of the performers and of course Barbra were a real treat.
on August 29, 2013
Great songs sung by different voices and artist in a well deserved tribute to Barbra Streisand...
to watch over and over again