5.0 out of 5 stars The most important book I have ever owned, September 6, 2008
This review is from: Musician's Business & Legal Guide (4th Edition) (Paperback)
This book is an absolute must have for musicians. It is a "how-to" manual for musicians. I STRONLY advice never signing any contract or enter into any deal, as a musician, until you have read this book!!!!! It has saved my @$&@ more than once. Whether you are just playing gigs at bars and clubs, recording at home, or trying to go big, this book can be used as a stand alone road map. I have been using the first edition since the early 90's and just decided to purchase the 4th. This version is even better than the first because now it has been updated for the digital age. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. One browse through its pages and you will quickly realize the gem you hold in you hands. I must sound like a spoke person for the book, but I really believe in its value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have this book, October 9, 2008
As an instructor of a Music Industry class at the University of Oregon, I highly recommend this book for the chapter on the recording contract alone. The publisher sent me a copy for consideration to use in class. While I currently use the Brabec book I do tell my students about the Biz and Legal Guide. Should I ever expand the class I will certainly require it. Meanwhile, I can at least give it a good review.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the holy trinity of the music business books, December 11, 2009
One of the Holy Trinity of the music business books, along with This Business of Music and Donald Passman's Everything You...

If you buy nothing else, buy these 3 books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every cent... including the overnight shipping fee!, November 19, 2011
I just received this book today, and I haven't been able to put it down. My brain is swelling with all of the amazing, and comprehensive information I've already taken in. My band is getting close to releasing our first album, and quite honestly, I wish I would have stumbled upon this book months ago so we'd have all of our "legal ducks in a row" before publishing. However, I'm still psyched to have it now. Great purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book For Basic Information, September 27, 2009
The book is pretty much all-inclusive. It covers everything form fund-raising to copyrights and more. The attorney who wrote the book is apparently based in California because all of the examples of law are from there. Even so, the book is worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick service, September 19, 2013
Thank you for the speedy service. This was a little more worn than I was hoping. The add did say used. Unfortunately my instructor decided to use a different book. Still a good reference to have around.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want to get into the music industry READ THIS BOOK, February 6, 2013
If you're interested at ALL in the music industry, this book tells you everything. Whether you're a rising artist or aspiring manager, this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand new!, February 8, 2014
Just what I expected to receive. Got this book for my intro to music business class. Well worth it. Interesting!

4.0 out of 5 stars music business, March 5, 2011
This book helped me to get through my music business class. Not only that but i get now a more sense of this business in this industry. It is a book definitely worth keeping for later on down the road. It will help you also with titles such as contracts, whats on the contracts, what to discuss, what to sign, the artist/band royalties and so much more. This guide is the legit handbook to have to get you to where you want and need to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Legal Text, March 30, 2008
My music business legalities course is using this book as THE text book for class. Pretty detailed and gets into examples.

Musician's Business & Legal Guide (4th Edition)
Musician's Business & Legal Guide (4th Edition) by Mark Halloran Esquire (Paperback - February 18, 2007)
$49.60 $34.11